Hi again. Separate problem separate thread.

Since updating the os two days ago I have also had my 32G card fill up quickly. I am in the uk and saw the Movies for 79p offer on Blackberry World. I decided to purchase three movies and downloaded them. I only have a small amount of music and pictures stored but something is filling the card up.

Went into settings menu then storage and access and under media card details there is 1.3g videos (one movie) 16.1m pictures, 1.4g music, no documents but a massive 28.4g of "other data". Anyone an idea what this could be? There doesn't appear to be a way of accessing this via the phone and as I am in work I don't have Link or a usb lead with me.

Gerry
    01-31-14 04:56 AM
    I have the same problem on my 64gb card... it seems to be an issue with temp cache files not being deleted after a failed download attempt from BBW...

Temp fix:

Turn off ?save to media card?
    Download movie to device memory
    Move film to media card...

Works but they really need to fix this issue!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 05:35 AM
    A forum search for "other data" (Titles only) will show many threads in which this has been discussed. The one below is somewhat insightful.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nation-880845/
    01-31-14 05:36 AM
    To delete those files you need to wipe the card...

So move everything onto your PC/mac and do a format... move everything back...

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 05:37 AM
    A forum search for "other data" (Titles only) will show many threads in which this has been discussed. The one below is somewhat insightful.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nation-880845/
    Many thanks.
    That looks interesting, will try it tonight. Downloading movie to device memory now.
    01-31-14 06:46 AM
    The last thread I participated in that resolved the "other data" issue changed their device to USB mass storage mode, hooked it up to their computer USB port, ran Check Disk on the USB drive that popped up, and deleted all of the CHK files that showed up.

I haven't tried this yet myself but a couple of people indicated it worked and saved them wiping their card and copying all of the data back.

Please note you can't use USB mass storage mode if you encrypted your storage card.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-31-14 07:13 AM
    Sounds good will try that too!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:53 AM
    Having same issue all of a sudden too. Will try the USB mass storage enable.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 01:57 AM
    The last thread I participated in that resolved the "other data" issue changed their device to USB mass storage mode, hooked it up to their computer USB port, ran Check Disk on the USB drive that popped up, and deleted all of the CHK files that showed up.

I haven't tried this yet myself but a couple of people indicated it worked and saved them wiping their card and copying all of the data back.

Please note you can't use USB mass storage mode if you encrypted your storage card.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925

+1 for this. It works. I know because it was my question that you answered last time.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 10:01 AM