Anyone tried one of these yet? Supposed to be available at Amazon and Best Buy.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 04:50 PM
    haha. If my Z would hold one, I'd be all over it!
    02-28-14 05:10 PM
    haha. If my Z would hold one, I'd be all over it!
    It probably will hold it, why not? 64gb works in it when it isn't "supported" by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    todbanner likes this.
    02-28-14 05:32 PM
    Anyone tried one of these yet? Supposed to be available at Amazon and Best Buy.

Posted via CB10
    Not available just yet it seems. Im curious when they come out if the Z30 will be okay with it.
    02-28-14 06:08 PM
    I've got mine on order from Amazon. Of course, it's not even close to being shipped yet. But hey at least it is in queue. We shall know soon enough.
    02-28-14 06:20 PM
    Also if anyone knows, can it be used for a Q10?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 07:44 PM
    I'm sire a firmware update will get these working.

To be honest the storage race slowed quite considerably the last 5yrs. The 64GB has been out for almost 5yrs itself maybe 3 honestly. Today we should've been looking forward to 256GB MicroSD cards!!

If the Q10 can hardware wise support it with firmware upgrade then I'm on the right path. If the Z30 can I'll trade up!!

Then again the Z30 maybe the better option due to the battery drain this card may invoke.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    03-03-14 09:34 PM

Then again the Z30 maybe the better option due to the battery drain this card may invoke.
    SD card invokes battery drain? Where did you read that? I recently went from a 32 to 64gb sd cardin my Z30. I loaded it up with music and forms. No difference in battery life in my case.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-04-14 08:34 AM
    Can't wait to get one of these bad boys running on my Z30!!! I have over 60 gigs of music / FLAC files and would like to put my whole library on the card and still have room for pics, files etc.

So bring it on!!!
    03-04-14 08:53 AM
    I've got mine on order from Amazon. Of course, it's not even close to being shipped yet. But hey at least it is in queue. We shall know soon enough.
    Link to the brand you ordered? Thanks.
    03-04-14 11:32 AM
    03-04-14 04:56 PM
    SD card invokes battery drain? Where did you read that? I recently went from a 32 to 64gb sd cardin my Z30. I loaded it up with music and forms. No difference in battery life in my case.
    This card at 128GB has a LOT more chips and wires sandwiched into the same space, meaning more copper length in total.

Now add the same speeds required to go through all of that, and the fact more time to access double the data for a nearly full card vs a card half it's size .... then it's common sense.

The only thing that would probably disprove this is the storage and power to it required for reads and rights is On Demand only.... moat likely the case since its a bit slow when loading thumbnails of pictures in a full folder over 60 pictures total on a 64GB class10 SanDisk.

03-04-14 10:26 PM
    This card at 128GB has a LOT more chips and wires sandwiched into the same space, meaning more copper length in total.

Now add the same speeds required to go through all of that, and the fact more time to access double the data for a nearly full card vs a card half it's size .... then it's common sense.

The only thing that would probably disprove this is the storage and power to it required for reads and rights is On Demand only.... moat likely the case since its a bit slow when loading thumbnails of pictures in a full folder over 60 pictures total on a 64GB class10 SanDisk.

Access times don't usually change with flash memory regardless of the size. Battery life wouldn't really be affected. The amount of power these cards require is negligible regardless of size.

Posted with a Q10
    03-04-14 10:39 PM
    I'm going to order one and see how it goes. Its going to be GREAT!!
    03-05-14 12:30 AM

Indeed, it probably has more battery drain, except if they changed technology. But in the end, will these couple of mA added to what's already consumed matter in a 1 or 2 days charge? I guess not.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    03-05-14 12:43 AM

Okay, so you just made it up.
    03-05-14 10:58 AM
    I was looking at SD cards at best buy a few weeks ago and a sales guy started to talk to me. I said I was just checking on size and price. For my phone and camera. Could not understand why I would want more than 16G. Suggested I use cloud storage if I needed more.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    03-05-14 12:04 PM
    I was looking at SD cards at best buy a few weeks ago and a sales guy started to talk to me. I said I was just checking on size and price. For my phone and camera. Could not understand why I would want more than 16G. Suggested I use cloud storage if I needed more.

Posted via CB10
    Haha! He suggested cloud storage? He obviously uses an iphone. Lol.

Physical (SD card) storage over cloud storage every day of the week. And some!!

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    Carl Estes and kthhrrsn like this.
    03-05-14 12:56 PM

The capacity has increased because they are going down to a smaller "die" on the chip/wafer themselves. Going from 20 nm to 16 nm Big difference.
    No chips stacked on each other, wires etc. just new tech:

die size | The Memory Guy

c
    kfh227 and Thunderbuck like this.
    03-05-14 01:55 PM
    I've got a 128gb card for my Surface tablet.
    I just put it into my Z30 and it says "Media card problem detected. Goto Storage Settings to resolve."
    I would have to format the card in the phone for it to work, but I have data on their. So I can't fully test.

I got this from newegg.com for $49 about a month ago.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 07:28 PM
    You have a link for newegg.com
    03-10-14 06:03 PM
    Anyway, would be real interested in the newegg.com deal. Especially when word on the street was that the SanDisk card would only be available at Best buy and Amazon.

None the less...here's my findings.

Card is in the ExFat format right out of the box. I also received an error when inserting the card into the phone. When going to the storage settings I was not able to reformat the card while it was in the phone. Even though the posts here on CB state that the format has been supported since 10.2.

So here's what I did. I formatted the card to FAT32, popped the card in and it works. My media card now has about 119GB of available storage.

Goodie gum drops...

Check out the attached screenshot for confirmation. Now it's time to transfer content.

From my Z10...Powered by BlackBerry!!!

128GB Micro SD card-img_20140310_160143.png
    03-10-14 06:15 PM
    Anyway, would be real interested in the newegg.com deal. Especially when word on the street was that the SanDisk card would only be available at Best buy and Amazon.

None the less...here's my findings.

Card is in the ExFat format right out of the box. I also received an error when inserting the card into the phone. When going to the storage settings I was not able to reformat the card while it was in the phone. Even though the posts here on CB state that the format has been supported since 10.2.

So here's what I did. I formatted the card to FAT32, popped the card in and it works. My media card now has about 119GB of available storage.

Goodie gum drops...

Check out the attached screenshot for confirmation. Now it's time to transfer content.

From my Z10...Powered by BlackBerry!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140310_160143.png 
Views:	4848 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	254096
    That's amazing

Brought to you by...My sweet Z30
    03-12-14 01:00 AM
    I got confirmation that mine will be arriving on Monday. I can't wait to stick it in My Q10!
    nick13b likes this.
    03-12-14 01:29 AM
    That's amazing

Brought to you by...My sweet Z30
    I guess one of the disadvantages of FAT32 is the 4GB maximum file size so no 1080p Blu-ray movies
    03-12-14 02:38 AM
49 12