Does anyone else out there hate the look of the new call screen? I am hoping one of the groups out there that releases leaks can leak a sideloadable old call screen when 10.2.1 launches! Yes I am begging you guys!

Mike's Craft Beer | Not for the weak of tastebuds! - C00012735 Posted on my Z30
    01-06-14 12:12 PM
    Does anyone else out there hate the look of the new call screen? I am hoping one of the groups out there that releases leaks can leak a sideloadable old call screen when 10.2.1 launches! Yes I am begging you guys!

Mike's Craft Beer | Not for the weak of tastebuds! - C00012735 Posted on my Z30
    On my Z30 it is much more convinient than the huge vertical slide.
    Seems confirmed that it'll be the 2.1 official call screen though ... maybe they'll give an option to choose ?
    01-06-14 12:43 PM
    There is a poll here that should answer your first question.
    CrackBerry Asks: Do you like the new BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 call screen? | CrackBerry.com
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-06-14 12:47 PM
    Nope. It's much more 1 handed friendly

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    Superfly_FR and Camelhmpz like this.
    01-06-14 12:49 PM
    How so? I find the slide down or up very easy one handed on my Z30 and I don't have huge hands.

www.mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735 Posted on my Z30
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    01-06-14 12:59 PM
    Thanks for pointing out the poll. Still hoping for a sideloadable call screen because if I wanted an android call screen I would get an android.

01-06-14 01:00 PM
    If I'm honest I actually like it better than the old call screen. It has a very updated look, and I quickly got used to the left side answering.

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    01-06-14 01:15 PM
    Michael Clewley just posted the three reason why they made the change to the new call screen.

1. The current up/down action created a think point. People couldn�t do something basic like answering the phone.
    2. Answer on the left matches the BBOS physical button
    3. It�s more industry standard and adopted and easier for all.

Also I may be wrong about this, but I think this call screen will be used on BBM Voice for cross platforms. So making it simple and familiar just make sense at this point for android, iphone user's and my Mom (She would of never figured out the old call screen.).
    01-06-14 01:17 PM
    Michael Clewley just posted the three reason why they made the change to the new call screen.

1. The current up/down action created a think point. People couldn�t do something basic like answering the phone.
    2. Answer on the left matches the BBOS physical button
    3. It�s more industry standard and adopted and easier for all.

Also I may be wrong about this, but I think this call screen will be used on BBM Voice for cross platforms. So making it simple and familiar just make sense at this point for android, iphone user's and my Mom (She would of never figured out the old call screen.).
    I saw that too. On the BlackBerry side I find that sad if people can't figure out how to answer the phone when it actually coaches you with arrows.

scrapmetal58 likes this.
    01-06-14 01:26 PM
    I'm quite sure if the poll is taken again today, it would be 70% positive because people are used to it now. It is much more ergonomic than the old screen.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    HotFix likes this.
    01-06-14 01:27 PM
    I love the new call screen

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 01:27 PM
    I'm quite sure if the poll is taken again today, it would be 70% positive because people are used to it now. It is much more ergonomic than the old screen.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    Interesting you say this. I was thinking the same thing and was considering a new, identical poll to find out.
    I suspect that many of the naysayer votes were no more than a knee-jerk reaction to change.
    m1kr0 likes this.
    01-06-14 01:31 PM
    Interesting you say this. I was thinking the same thing and was considering a new, identical poll to find out.
    I suspect that many of the naysayer votes were no more than a knee-jerk reaction to change.
    The new call screen does not flow with the os at all though.

scrapmetal58 likes this.
    01-06-14 01:38 PM
    I don't love the new call screen like I loved the old one (it was cool to show off with while doing a BlackBerry Flow demo), but learned to embrace the new one. Don't lose any sleep over it and it looks like it will be easier to apply for BBM Voice on all platforms to keep it equal across all versions

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 02:29 PM
    I much prefer the new look. I can honestly say the old up/down action was confusing. I am an IT professional and when I first got my z30, I missed my first couple of calls cause I didn't know how to answer them.

Jason

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 02:46 PM
    I'm liking the new call screen, seems much more fluid than the original one.
    Can't wait for the new update to land.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 03:01 PM
    The new call screen does not flow with the os at all though.

It flows perfectly fine with the OS, even now with the old call screen, it takes me a few seconds to figure out which way to slide my finger down to answer and this is where clewley mentioned the think point in his reasons for changing the call screen.

Keep innovating BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 03:04 PM
    I love the new call screen

Posted via my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    01-06-14 03:04 PM
    I know at least two people who didn't know how to answer calls on the old call screen until I showed them.. they saw the arrows and new to swipe down, but thought they had to swipe where the arrows where and kept trying to swipe and tap below the silver bar. Never thought to press on the actual bar and drag it down..

It may sound silly.. but if I know two people like that personally that means there's thousands around the world. It's a minor change that makes the OS more user friendly to the masses so they needed to do it.

I agree with the sentiment that the swipe down was 'cool' it was unique and I liked it. But aesthetically, the new look in all black with the larger picture is much nicer and much cleaner.

In the end for something so inconsequential.. the easier to use cleaner option is best for growth.

Posted via CB10
    Its Spade likes this.
    01-06-14 03:18 PM
    I'm fine with left to right but why make it opposite from Android and Apple? If they are going for industry standard, maybe follow the entire standard? I have a nexus 5 and z10 and constantly ignore calls I mean to answer and answer calls I mean to ignore because it backwards from.... the industry standard.
    01-06-14 03:27 PM
    I'm fine with left to right but why make it opposite from Android and Apple? If they are going for industry standard, maybe follow the entire standard? I have a nexus 5 and z10 and constantly ignore calls I mean to answer and answer calls I mean to ignore because it backwards from.... the industry standard.
    They made the new slider colour and direction graphically equate to the buttons on legacy BlackBerrys
    01-06-14 03:28 PM
    They made the new slider colour and direction graphically equate to the buttons on legacy BlackBerrys
    Legacy Blackberrys are not industry standard anymore.
    Also think about it a little more. It's actually opposite the legacies anyway. On a 9900 to answer a call you push the left button. On a BB10 to answer a call you actually put your thumb down on the right side and then slide to the left. So while you might finish up the movement in the same spot, the actual path your thumb takes is opposite to answering a 9900.

If they are trying to resolve think points, think about the muscle memory that any android or apple expatriate is used to. I'd even wager that the majority of people that use the slider for the first time and answer quickly will get it wrong.
    01-06-14 03:48 PM
    I love the current call screen. Not a huge fan of the new call screen but I think I'll get used to it. With regards to preceeding comments about not knowing which way to move the slider on the current screen, which is not only colour coded, but clearly says on the screen answer / ignore, you may need a little more than professional help. I'm just saying...
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-06-14 03:50 PM
    Legacy Blackberrys are not industry standard anymore.
    Also think about it a little more. It's actually opposite the legacies anyway. On a 9900 to answer a call you push the left button. On a BB10 to answer a call you actually put your thumb down on the right side and then slide to the left. So while you might finish up the movement in the same spot, the actual path your thumb takes is opposite to answering a 9900.

If they are trying to resolve think points, think about the muscle memory that any android or apple expatriate is used to. I'd even wager that the majority of people that use the slider for the first time and answer quickly will get it wrong.
    Very good points.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 05:26 PM
    What they can do for me in the OS software is that you can make the option between the old and the new call screen.
    some people like the old call screen and other people like the new call screen.

Problem solved
    01-06-14 05:31 PM
34 12