Imo, about the same, but it adds face recognition mode.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 01:51 PM
    Been using 10.2.1.1055 on my Z30 for a few days now. I fixed the app delay when launching problem by reinstalling them, they all open as fast as ever now. I fixed the LTE problem by turning off the device, pulling the sim, turning it on without a sim. Then turning it back off and booting with the sim in it. My LTE came back. I also solved the android app screen rotation glitch by turning on rotation lock.

The only problem I have left is trying to figure out how the battery provides so much power. Check this out...

10.2.1.1055 for Z30-2rlzxw8.png

How is that possible? I took the phone off the charger at 5am, used it fairly regularly all day, lots of texts, bbms, internet surfing, short phone calls and even a few video games. Plus I showed 3 different people last weekends GSP fight. The screen brightness is set to max. And somehow I still have 75% battery left a full 12 hours later at 5pm!!

This is crazy stuff here! My bold 9900 would be sitting at around 40% tops! With the stock OS on the Z30, I would be sitting around 55% on average, with roughly the same amount of usage. But on this new OS, it's like either the battery counter is wrong, or my battery life has been extended by a solid 25% here. It's like it's got a magic battery that never dies or something.

I dunno what it is, but I sure love my Z30. I've gone through every flagship model that blackberry has ever put out, and this is by far the best blackberry ever.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-19-13 04:16 PM
    Been using 10.2.1.1055 on my Z30 for a few days now. I fixed the app delay when launching problem by reinstalling them, they all open as fast as ever now. I fixed the LTE problem by turning off the device, pulling the sim, turning it on without a sim. Then turning it back off and booting with the sim in it. My LTE came back. I also solved the android app screen rotation glitch by turning on rotation lock.

The only problem I have left is trying to figure out how the battery provides so much power. Check this out...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2rlzxw8.png 
Views:	1254 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	222398

How is that possible? I took the phone off the charger at 5am, used it fairly regularly all day, lots of texts, bbms, internet surfing, short phone calls and even a few video games. Plus I showed 3 different people last weekends GSP fight. The screen brightness is set to max. And somehow I still have 75% battery left a full 12 hours later at 5pm!!

This is crazy stuff here! My bold 9900 would be sitting at around 40% tops! With the stock OS on the Z30, I would be sitting around 55% on average, with roughly the same amount of usage. But on this new OS, it's like either the battery counter is wrong, or my battery life has been extended by a solid 25% here. It's like it's got a magic battery that never dies or something.

I dunno what it is, but I sure love my Z30. I've gone through every flagship model that blackberry has ever put out, and this is by far the best blackberry ever.
    Damn, im jealous! That's insane.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:49 PM
    I will get my Z30 this eve but i read stuff about bad connection, battery consumption to the roof, bluetooth problems, no working usb, lag in the apps.

I never had problems with leaks on the Z10 but I always read probs from others. How good is it some positve things ?

And is it also true this leaks doesn't support call in or out? or is this only Z10.
    Last edited by whatsever; 11-20-13 at 01:36 AM.
    11-20-13 12:48 AM
    This leak is awesome, I haven't had a single issue. For me it is working better than the official os.

Battery life is awesome, 9 hours so far today (with heavy use) and still at 73%.

10.2.1.1055 for Z30-img_00001129.png

Mike Duncan on my Z30
    whatsever likes this.
    11-20-13 02:02 AM
    Just finished updating my Z30 complete with my backup and restore through Link and it was flawless. This OS rocks!

And to those who still hate Link, it does work! Even restored Password Keeper perfectly!

Keep doing what you are doing BlackBerry, this is exactly what we all want from you!
    11-20-13 04:23 PM
    Hello everyone!! Does anyone have a Z30 - 1055 MEGA link? I have tried downloading from Bitcasa a few times using the latest Firefox browser but it does not work?? I have the file downloaded but cannot extract it with winzip or winrar?
    11-20-13 08:36 PM
    Unzipp with the free app 7zip

Z30, and yes, it's a bit on the heavy side..., but the Carbonate case is Killer!
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    11-20-13 10:06 PM
    Only been running this for 2 days, but I do like that its easy to load the few Android apps I like/need. Battery life has been just ok.
    I do have an issue with BBM video- the sound is there for a few seconds at the start, then goes away. The person on the other end can hear me, but I cannot hear them.

One other small, small issue is that the browser is not playing Flash videos as well as it used to. I keep getting the "You need to update your Flash Player" on a website I use to monitor security cameras. I may have to load the android app for this and see if it works any better.

On a positive note the FM radio is an awesome addition and the bluetooth seems to work flawlessly with my Asteroid Parrot Smart Stereo (playing MP3s and phone calls).
    11-21-13 09:09 PM
    The apps starting up very slow 6-8 second . on the Z10 it's much quicker. It seems this leak has nice stuff but this is a side effect. other people have the same problems.
    Last edited by whatsever; 11-21-13 at 11:20 PM.
    11-21-13 11:05 PM
    Any idea how long for an official release?
    11-22-13 06:12 PM
    Data usage tracking?

Z30. " I'm back in black. Yes I'm back in black!!! "
    11-22-13 06:12 PM
    No trouble at all on the Z30 in fact an improvement on battery life as I am getting 20+ hours on a single charge. But your battery graph is also showing more than 20 hours of performance as well. Should it be doing more than that?

Z30 /1055
    11-24-13 06:27 AM
    I have had a few dropped calls lately with strong signals, would this be OS related?
    And the picture lock screen not opening forcing a reboot.
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 08:11 AM
    I installed but had to downgrade because the Bluetooth would not work with my car. It would try to synch and then drop. Now that I've downgraded I'm back to normal and connecting
    11-24-13 08:38 AM
    My battery performance has dropped dramatically from 20+ hours to just 8 on full charge. This only happened when I was in a business trip and changed the sim card to the local provider. What I don't understand is if the battery has gone through the stabilization process and is giving optimum performance with all data synced than why had changing the sim card messed everything up? Is the OS unstable or the device has the problem? I don't want to format the device and reinstall the 1055 again unless that is the only my solution. Please advise.

Z30 /1055
    11-29-13 09:15 PM
    so i couldn't help it and i updated my z30 to this leak. i used the second link that was posted and not the 1055 that sirJes had put up. so far its been very good to me, was 24 hours last night and my battery just wouldn't die..and when i woke up it still was on 25%..so i thought sack it and it charged to about 90% just before i left for work (using playbook charger). So far no complaints, everything like facebook and music player and downloaded apks straight from the play store are working for me...just one little niggle is sometimes when i come home i get 3G but then no blackberry services, even when i connect to wifi, but then when i'm out and about/not connected to wifi i am getting service everywhere, this is including walking towards my house or what not. same problem when i go to my grandmas and connect to her wifi, sometimes a hard reboot fixes it but i've done it twice now and its giving me no luck...my whatsapp messages have gone through, but i can't refresh twitter. oh well i have a sta100-2 and on o2 uk if that helps

edit: maybe it is my network playing up...

edit 2: it was!
    Last edited by mu57afa; 12-03-13 at 03:09 PM.
    12-01-13 09:24 AM
    Could you post that link to the one you downloaded?
    Thanks
    12-02-13 10:07 PM
    Any idea how long for an official release?
    The only official statement so far from BlackBerry is "early next year". Prepare for an onslaught of posts excoriating BB for past delays/promises etc.
    12-03-13 09:57 AM
69 123