Hi guys at the end of last month (February) I did the unthinkable. I swapped my z30 for a s4. Must say really nice phone and is pretty fast for android had it for a week then traded up to a note 3 lovely screen some nice features but a glorified s4 Imo. Had that for a week then traded for an iPhone 5s just to try it got to admit it's a lovely looking phone and feels good in the hand. Also I do quite like the os it's simple but that screen size Really how do people cope. So I took the plunge and got the Nokia lumia 1520 all singing and dancing windows phone 6" screen it is a beast but way too big awesome quality screen though. But that whole windows 8 is a big no no apps just look cheap and Facebook us the worst I've ever used on mobile. I hated it to be fair too big for a daily driver and a unpolished os. So today I managed to talk somebody into a swap for there z30 they though they we're getting a right deal. I knew I had the best part of the deal so here I am typing on what I personally feel to be the best phone and os out there to date. Z30 I've missed you so much and I will not let you go again lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:10 PM
    geez... all the way around the block, hope you used protection... LOL
    redantz, valleyag, vjh425 and 3 others like this.
    03-29-14 07:24 PM
    I also have had a love/hate relationship with BlackBerry and I have honestly tried to go back to an IOS and Android devices and I keep coming back to BlackBerry and OS10.

I find myself missing the Hub, Peek, Swipe and Gesturing. I recently tested a Note 3 for a week. Lovely screen, but the device is too big and it also feels cheap for what it cost.

I find that once you have used BlackBerry OS10 for a while, it grows on you and I am very serious about this. After using it for a few months, I find myself not missing all the apps I once used on the iPhone 5s and I have really reevaluated what I use my smartphone for.

The z30 seems to be the device for me as my daily driver. Big screen, well built and it feels perfect in my hand. Its a shame the z30 hasn't been promoted like it should have been here in the USA. It really is a marvelous device.

Send from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    Admorris, svivs and anon(153966) like this.
    03-29-14 07:29 PM
    Serves you right for switching over lol

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:29 PM
    I did the same thing with my Z10. Went through every flagship (thankfully my job let's me do that) but something always brought me back. Finally upgraded to the Z30 and now my coworkers make fun of me for it, but they never hear me complaining about my phone!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 10:59 PM
    I need to simply go ahead and order a Z30 from Shop BlackBerry.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    03-29-14 11:42 PM
    Note 3 might have been too big but for the 3 months I had it. Was pretty fun to work with. The Pen function was good, I could pin anything on the screen like a contact by itself, company contact and more related to my job onto the same screen, very fast to retrieve.
    03-30-14 12:04 AM
    Note 3 might have been too big but for the 3 months I had it. Was pretty fun to work with. The Pen function was good, I could pin anything on the screen like a contact by itself, company contact and more related to my job onto the same screen, very fast to retrieve.
    I did like some of the pen functions on the Note 3 and the integration of the software was also very good, it's hard to explain, but BlackBerry OS10 does grow on you. I mainly use my device for email, messaging and social apps. I don't watch movies or play games so the BlackBerry platform has worked for me perfectly.

I came back to BlackBerry from being a long time iPhone user and I am not looking back. I an actually excited to see what the future holds.

Send from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    03-30-14 03:16 AM
    I've gone through a lot of phones over the past few years (in order, GS2 LTE, 9900, iPhone 4S, Z30, now Q10). Sometimes it takes a bit of experimentation to find the right device. For me, the 4S and Q10 are perfect and ones that I will never get rid of.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 06:22 AM
    I also have had a love/hate relationship with BlackBerry and I have honestly tried to go back to an IOS and Android devices and I keep coming back to BlackBerry and OS10.

I find myself missing the Hub, Peek, Swipe and Gesturing. I recently tested a Note 3 for a week. Lovely screen, but the device is too big and it also feels cheap for what it cost.

I find that once you have used BlackBerry OS10 for a while, it grows on you and I am very serious about this. After using it for a few months, I find myself not missing all the apps I once used on the iPhone 5s and I have really reevaluated what I use my smartphone for.
    This pretty much perfectly sums up my experience with BlackBerry's and iPhone's! I kept switching back but BB OS7 couldn't do the things I needed it to do. I finally took the plunge in trying a BB10 phone when I got a good deal on one and suddenly I was in love! It was familiar, yet completely new and refreshing. The gestures were awesome and so natural and intuitive and the phone could do everything I needed it to do after the 10.2 update. Wouldn't switch back again.

I haven't yet switched to the Z30. But it's on the agenda. I currently have a Z10 and a Q10, but mostly use the Q10 because the thing is just a beauty! I'm definitely curious to know more about the new phones coming out too! I just wish more people realized that BB10 would more than likely be a better fit for them than iOS.
    03-30-14 06:27 AM
    I know BlackBerry needs to sell more phones to stay in business, but I do like the fact that not that many people own one.

Posted via CB10
    Dale Lindley likes this.
    03-30-14 07:02 AM
    Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:10 AM
    There not just toys to me at all. What better way to judge a product than to test them physically which I did over a month. I was lucky to be in a position to do this and share my thoughts. I know people who hate iphones only to find out they've never tried one. And same goes with android and windows phone and most definitely this great os BlackBerry 10. So without people like myself trying different things and been honest about my views how is anybody going to switch to another platform without test driving them first.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    03-30-14 09:58 AM
    Truly all mobile fones are toys to this OP. I evaluate what's important to my needs for a mobile, research how closely each competing model meets those needs, adjust importance based on what the market offers and, finally, buy the best choice for me. I have no need to play silly toy swap games because I did proper research.

And yes, the Z30 best meets my needs. It's not perfect but, it required the fewest compromises.
    It's great to see some people are perfect in this world...

If only a phone could reach this level of perfection...

Posted via my Z30
    03-30-14 11:06 AM
    I think the IPhone 6 with larger screen forecast will be a killer phone and all other manufacturers better get their stuff out ahead of it and their stuff better be really good. I also found the iPhone 3-4-5 series too small screen wise and 5S not nearly as good as the SIII display wise for size, color and clarity but those are subjective impressions. The Z10 display came in last for me but being a senior, screen size and clarity are a must. I am still on Z10 - ye olde at&t software version and so overall use is hampered by that. The Z30 looks perfect but it does not look to me like AT&T will ever carry it and the version of it BB put up for sale last week does not cut it for AT&T.
    03-30-14 02:37 PM
    First of all I hate itunes, using an apple was after 3 days a No go for me. I switch to android for more than 5 year till in januari 2013.

I tested Blackberry 10 and I really liked the keyboard and android was all ready lagging and starting to be a malware magnet. So I had to move from android.

The choices was clear first for windows but I liked blackberry 10 better when I tested it the second time and it had in my opinion at that moment more potential.

The first month till 10.1 was a better ride than android in the beginning and 10.2 was far more better than other platforms.

With 10.2.1 it beats every OS and it was more snappy than android and quicker in use to get things done and now with the last android runtime it's really beating the Note 3 or Nexus 5 when you use multiple apps and you feel the lag on it while blackberry 10 seems not even blink.

Loved android but laggy os and malware magnet and using a home button is retro if you used blackberry 10 after 2 weeks you know.
    Ios like to talk about but it really us better than android at the moment but still the os feels old and has some issues and feels also retro and that is why I stay with BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 04:09 PM
    I need to simply go ahead and order a Z30 from Shop BlackBerry.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    In going to wait for the fire sale lime what happened with the Z10, or wait for the next all touch.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 05:06 PM