This is a concern, the Apple copycat juggernaut from China, Xiaomi, is really making waves in emerging markets. Quality and marketing like Apple with Android ecosystem and good hardware specs might cast a dark shadow over the Z3...

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-14-14 02:07 AM
    There are already so many posts on this, why start a new thread? Just post in the "is z3 DOA" thread....
    06-14-14 04:32 AM
    What about Z3 VS Xiaomi Mi3? Looking at mi3's specs and pricing PLUS currently available instead of Z3 which has no official news on when it's hitting malaysian market, looks like mi3 is more tantalising.
    06-14-14 04:51 AM
    What about Z3 VS Xiaomi Mi3? Looking at mi3's specs and pricing PLUS currently available instead of Z3 which has no official news on when it's hitting malaysian market, looks like mi3 is more tantalising.
    Don't even need to look at the Mi3, the Redmi itself already slaughters the Z3. Heck it even slaughters the Z30
    06-14-14 05:55 AM
    In areas where they were released, yeah, RedMi/HongMi are a hit. I thought they were only available in China and Singapore? No news of it coming to Malaysia though. Besides I don't mind shelling a bit more $$ for a better spec Mi3, especially when it's NOT that expensive.
    06-14-14 08:25 PM
    In areas where they were released, yeah, RedMi/HongMi are a hit. I thought they were only available in China and Singapore? No news of it coming to Malaysia though. Besides I don't mind shelling a bit more $$ for a better spec Mi3, especially when it's NOT that expensive.
    What are they though? Just another Android or what?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-14-14 09:11 PM
    What are they though? Just another Android or what?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?

They run android, but with some truly original and innovative hardware and software features. Oppo is on the high end (their flagship phablet is about 500USD),

OPPO Mobile Malaysia

then you have OnePlus (S5 specs for US$300)

OnePlus One review: a $300 smartphone has never looked so good

then you have xiaomi (quad core dual sim with 5 element lens 8mp camera for US$150)
    Mi Singapore
    06-14-14 09:54 PM
    It is coming to malaysia, hugo barra himself mentioned it at the Mi3 malaysia launch. They did not launch the Redmi in malaysia as the refreshed Redmi 1S with even faster snapdragon processor instead of the current mediatek and double the storage will be coming within the next 2 months. Its already on sale in china. Their phablet also should be launched soon.
    06-14-14 09:56 PM
    They run android, but with some truly original and innovative hardware and software features. Oppo is on the high end (their flagship phablet is about 500USD),

OPPO Mobile Malaysia

then you have OnePlus (S5 specs for US$300)

OnePlus One review: a $300 smartphone has never looked so good

then you have xiaomi (quad core dual sim with 5 element lens 8mp camera for US$150)
    Mi Singapore
    What is this new obsession with curved backs?? I get people have ADHD and are "bored" of flat phones, but they work that way... I often use my phone while it's sitting on a desk. Like when I'm eating, or doing something on my computer, I just have my phone sitting there next to whatever is taking up my primary focus, and I'll use it with my pinky or whatever available finger/knuckle when I need to. You won't be able to do that with these new phones with the curved backs... Ah, whatever, I think I must be the only person in the world that cares more about practical uses over cool gimmicky things...

The prices are pretty decent for what you get though, but I'm not at all a fan of typing on glass and not a huge fan of the way Android is set up. But it's good to know there are some low-cost options out there... Except none of these support 4G LTE huh?
    06-15-14 12:33 AM
    The oppo and oneplus do. The xiaomi's don't, they support HSPA like the Z10 stl100-1. I had a Sony with a curved back, it never rocked when I used it on the table.
    06-15-14 12:51 AM
    I'm kinda waiting for the LTE version though, if they ever make their way here.
    06-17-14 05:29 AM
    I'm kinda waiting for the LTE version though, if they ever make their way here.
    Will be a while as most people in asia are fine with H+ (outside singapore). One plus definitely is targeting the US. They were supposed to launch last month but delayed due to heartbleed. They wanted to ship with a fixed version.

I think my Z10 will easily last me another year, hopefully by the time I need to ship for a new phone they have an attractive proposition or I might be forced to switch platforms.
    06-17-14 07:18 AM
    Figures are out for xiaomi. 26.1 million units sold in H1 this year.
    07-05-14 03:29 PM