BTW:

I do not believe anyone posted a link here to where these alleged Z3 specifications were coming from, but if it is the Crackberry article that references BBin as a source, remember that that publication has been wrong on Blackberry rumors tons of times.
    02-18-14 04:18 AM
    The thing that surprised me is the screen resolution.

I don't know how it'll work because BB10 only supports 720 by 720, 1280 by 768 and 720p? Nothing under it.

Posted via CB10
    qHD is the same aspect ratio as 720p, apps will be scaled down, and will behave fine!
    02-18-14 04:32 AM
    So please tell me again why one would pay the same money for a Z3 even though the specs are below a Z10?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    Because you cannot stay with the same device. At this logic, Blackberry should close down and wait for its stock to finish. Logically speaking, your claim MIGHT and I say MIGHT be understandable, but economically speaking and business wise, it doesn't work, as simple as it is. HTC ONE was a great device but didn't stop the company from going down, did they stop producing other devices? No! Simply because life must go on and a company should keep moving and working for other segments as much as it can in markets.

Posted via my Q10/Playbook/Curve
    02-18-14 04:59 AM
    Not just Z10 was a flop. It didn't sell well because it was release with BB10.0 and not 10.2.1. How well did Q10 and Q5 sell?

Stay with the same device for over a year and keep on working on it... why blackberry fans don't realise that the Z10 was a flop! yes it was a nice phone with nice specs, and yes it was unfair that it sold that bad. But we cannot stay mentioning it even after a year of its release. The new Z3 as seen so far might be a real nice way to do a come back or stop the shrinking sales for abit.

02-18-14 05:22 AM
    Seriously you are exaggerating, aren't you? You may have a faulty phone. The recent OS update did reduce the battery life but the battery was fantastic with 10.2. Again, if you are comparing Z3 and Z10? The phone yet to be released and a phone got released more than a year ago. The whole CB and BB community were hailing Z10's name before the release of Z30, right?

4hrs of battery life vs a whole day?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 05:27 AM
    I think the rumored specs and renders are for real. It all makes sense and its a great thing.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    02-18-14 05:56 AM
    I was impressed by the battery for sure. Hopefully the BB10 UX doesn't suffer with lower processor and RAM, but really it shouldn't. Still respectable stats. This isn't a flagship.

I think they should have made it a bit smaller. 5" with that screen res is a little low pixel density.
    We don't complain about the PlayBook resolution and that is much lower dpi than the z3 would have. It will look great for 150 bucks

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-18-14 07:59 AM
    Shouldn't they call it Z5??? How did they come up with Z3? Maybe due to the lower RAM & processor...

Great anyway - if it sells like the Nokia Lumia 520/25 - BlackBerry would get market share and consumers will get to use the awesome OS10.

CB10 @ Q5
    Because the specs are lower than the q5

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    02-18-14 08:03 AM
    So please tell me again why one would pay the same money for a Z3 even though the specs are below a Z10?

You are not making any sense at all. This phone will be selling in the emerging market where phones are not subsidized. Quit comparing apples to oranges. Larger screens are the "in thing" in some of these markets and people will buy it. A lot of the ordinary people in these markets don't really care about specs; what they care about is that the phone is very functional and looks good. North America or Europe is NOT the world.
    chrizrun30 likes this.
    02-18-14 08:33 AM
    And why not?
    No open vacancy yet from BlackBerry Indonesia for that
    02-18-14 08:58 AM
    No open vacancy yet from BlackBerry Indonesia for that

Oh, darn.
    02-18-14 09:12 AM
    You are not making any sense at all. This phone will be selling in the emerging market where phones are not subsidized. Quit comparing apples to oranges. Larger screens are the "in thing" in some of these markets and people will buy it. A lot of the ordinary people in these markets don't really care about specs; what they care about is that the phone is very functional and looks good. North America or Europe is NOT the world.
    You described it straight to the main point

This is the typical of Indonesian and some emerging markets consumer wants.
    They don't really care about specs, but the functionality of the phone itself. Visual appeal will be a plus, as long as the price stay cheap.
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-18-14 09:19 AM
    This^

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-18-14 09:23 AM
    Not just Z10 was a flop. It didn't sell well because it was release with BB10.0 and not 10.2.1. How well did Q10 and Q5 sell?
    Likely substantially less than the Z10, though I suspect the Q10 has stronger legs over time than the Z10 and could catch up

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 12:18 PM
    The z3 does look pretty appealing.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 12:34 PM
    Is too

02-18-14 02:34 PM
    Is too

I rest my case.

Omnitech likes this.
    02-18-14 04:10 PM
    alot of phones are still running 1gig of ram.. ie apple.. so 1.5 would not be bad... and if if was going to run on playbook...
    02-18-14 05:26 PM
    I see this phone doing well. And hopefully it hits the North American market as a prepaid device. I know I would jump on 3 of these for the kids. All, or most, of the BB10 OS experience without the cost of being in a carrier contract.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    02-18-14 05:48 PM
    Seriously you are exaggerating, aren't you? You may have a faulty phone. The recent OS update did reduce the battery life but the battery was fantastic with 10.2. Again, if you are comparing Z3 and Z10? The phone yet to be released and a phone got released more than a year ago. The whole CB and BB community were hailing Z10's name before the release of Z30, right?
    Lol no he is not exaggerating. There are many people on here that will tell you the Z10 battery life is lacking. I would never use the word amazing to describe it...on any OS release its had...but thats my opinion

I started my day at 7am this morning, have already went through one battery andim currently at 54% and thats mostly because i havent been using it. I had to switch batteries at around 1pm so thats what...6 hours of battery life. Mind you im at school that whole time so the most im doing is bbm, crackberry, and brief web browsing. not heavy duty stuff at all. This is my usage though.
    02-18-14 05:58 PM
    Specs seem really good to me but I'll wait until everything is official, including price. The price will make or break this device. At $200, its DOA in my opinion
    02-18-14 05:59 PM
    qHD is the same aspect ratio as 720p, apps will be scaled down, and will behave fine!
    Mate, not quite. Momentics IDE doesn't just scale everything and automatically adjust everything.

You need to specifically choose which device resolutions you want to develop for.

Momentics with the 10.2.1.1925 SDK doesn't currently have a resolution for 960x540. Unless they added the support for that resolution in a couple revisions of the OS (10.2.1.2632 is currently on the Z3), then the resolution will be 1280x720.

Also, if it IS 960x540, then BlackBerry will have to release a new SDK damn soon!

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip though...
    02-19-14 08:48 AM
    Lol no he is not exaggerating. There are many people on here that will tell you the Z10 battery life is lacking. I would never use the word amazing to describe it...on any OS release its had...but thats my opinion

I started my day at 7am this morning, have already went through one battery andim currently at 54% and thats mostly because i havent been using it. I had to switch batteries at around 1pm so thats what...6 hours of battery life. Mind you im at school that whole time so the most im doing is bbm, crackberry, and brief web browsing. not heavy duty stuff at all. This is my usage though.
    Come again? When I'm at school, I'm too busy in lectures etc to be doing much on my phone. Let alone enough to drain a battery and a half. Hell, even when I'm home the whole day, I go to bed with a minimum of 30% of my battery left.

That's sad, bro...real sad. But hey, doing well in school is for losers and nerds like me, I guess.

Specs seem really good to me but I'll wait until everything is official, including price. The price will make or break this device. At $200, its DOA in my opinion
    Well your opinion has been rendered moot since Chen has officially stated that it will be UNDER $200.

Anyway, DOA Doesn't actually make sense. People use it a lot on these forums. The Z10 was considered DOA but mine worked when it arrived. It was not Dead on Arrival. I get that it is meant to be figurative, but it is stupid and doesn't actually make sense.

It makes more sense to say that it will be a commercial failure, or a flop...or Diablo 3.

These specs, even the resolution will actually be great on the device. I don't use a phone closer to my face than I do, a tablet. The iPad mini and PlayBook had worse pixel densities and those looked great to me.

02-19-14 09:01 AM
    Come again? When I'm at school, I'm too busy in lectures etc to be doing much on my phone. Let alone enough to drain a battery and a half. Hell, even when I'm home the whole day, I go to bed with a minimum of 30% of my battery left.

That's sad, bro...real sad. But hey, doing well in school is for losers and nerds like me, I guess.
    lol thats what im saying...i got a 2 hour break inbetween classes to really be on my phone and still i can kill my battery in 5 hours. Im not the only one. Many posters will tell u their Z10's only last 6 to 7 hours before they need to switch batteries. Ive had 3 Z10's. All were the same so i dont believe people saying they go 20+ hours unless they are barely touching their devices.

Well your opinion has been rendered moot since Chen has officially stated that it will be UNDER $200.

Anyway, DOA Doesn't actually make sense. People use it a lot on these forums. The Z10 was considered DOA but mine worked when it arrived. It was not Dead on Arrival. I get that it is meant to be figurative, but it is stupid and doesn't actually make sense.

It makes more sense to say that it will be a commercial failure, or a flop...or Diablo 3.

These specs, even the resolution will actually be great on the device. I don't use a phone closer to my face than I do, a tablet. The iPad mini and PlayBook had worse pixel densities and those looked great to me.

Well if you take it that literally then yeah i can see how you would say that but you still know what it means lol. It mean why even release it because its not going to do the numbers they need at $200

and no my opinion isnt moot just yet. You might not have been around when the PlayBook launched and they said it would be under $500 and many people were happy only to find out it launched at $499. if this new device launches at $199, its still DOA....but i do agree that either way the specs looks good for a low end device
    02-19-14 10:55 AM
    All were the same so i dont believe people saying they go 20+ hours unless they are barely touching their devices.

The main problem are people not accepting the fact that humans have vastly different ways of using electronic devices.

I have a backup Z10 that lasts nearly 3 days on a charge, because I don't use it much. But it is not completely idle, either.

On the other hand, if you're going to be keeping the screen on for hours on end playing games or watching videos continuously, then yep, your battery life is going to suck.

Should be obvious I would think.

People are different.
    02-19-14 03:17 PM
137 12345 ...