I'm not bashing btw. In fact, before Ramadan, Sharaf DG (Bahrain) had this special offer for new Z30 for only BD99 (AED990 or around US$262). I bought one unit! Their units sold like hot cakes. I came back after 3 days to get another one but they run out of stock. And just last week, I was just roaming around in GOSI center just to look for a new case (for my Z30), and there are two mobile stores there, selling second hand Z30 for BD90. I didn't negotiate although I know that the price can still go down - because I got already new one and I was still hoping that Sharaf DG will still have another special offer this coming Ramadan Eid.

Try to ask those local mobile phone stores for second hand Z30. If you can't find one, tell them you have a used BlackBerry Z30 that you want to sell and hear for yourself how much they will price the second hand Z30 unit.

Posted via CB10
    That is awesome! One thing worth mentioning though is that the Z3 is priced at 799 saudi riyals which is almost 792 in UAE currency so I guess they are selling it cheaper in Saudi Arabia.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 04:55 AM
    It's overpriced and I don't think they are moving many of them, in pre-orders at the BlackBerry shop they had like 5 or 6 pre-orders and customers even bought it from the shop before pre-orders where called up to pick up their phone.

I see this becoming a 500 dhs phone soon, or a giveaway.
    07-13-14 05:27 AM
    interesting that Axiom sells it the Z3 in Saudi for 799SR and in the UAE on 899AED. that is a massive difference on the same retailer..
    07-13-14 08:46 AM
    just chatted with axiom. they say it is the exchange rate... idiots...
    07-13-14 09:03 AM
    It's overpriced and I don't think they are moving many of them, in pre-orders at the BlackBerry shop they had like 5 or 6 pre-orders and customers even bought it from the shop before pre-orders where called up to pick up their phone.

I see this becoming a 500 dhs phone soon, or a giveaway.
    And sell at a loss? I doubt it. If indeed the sales are lower than target they will reduce supply and send them to where the demand meets or exceeds targets. This is not going to be a Z10 repeat. Besides Foxconn is responsible for the inventory and they are not in the fire sale business.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 09:18 AM
    And sell at a loss? I doubt it. If indeed the sales are lower than target they will reduce supply and send them to where the demand meets or exceeds targets. This is not going to be a Z10 repeat. Besides Foxconn is responsible for the inventory and they are not in the fire sale business.

Posted via CB10
    What loss? I am sure it has been specified so that the price can be significantly reduced while still making a profit going forward.
    07-13-14 09:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    How come the Z3 box has qualcomm on it. It's printed in the bottom if the box.
    07-13-14 10:24 AM
    What loss? I am sure it has been specified so that the price can be significantly reduced while still making a profit going forward.
    How would you know that?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 07:56 PM
    just chatted with axiom. they say it is the exchange rate... idiots...
    You have posted everywhichwhere in CB about your world ending dilemma of Z3 costing 100 AED (mere 25 bucks) extra in the UAE and have visited the BlackBerry store in Dubai mall so many times, as you have mentioned, about it before pre-order, at pre-order (with app voucher worth 200 AED or 50 US$), after pre-order ended, during the regular retail sale and even now day and night, the BlackBerry and Axiom reps must be sick of you and I think with how many times you have visited bugging them about the Z3 and the HUGE price that even now if they slash the price, they would sell it to you at, you guessed it, AED 899...

You want the Z3 so much man, just pay up the extra 100 AED, it's really a fresh damn good phone even at that price, I mean 100 AED is not even a full tank of gas or a pizza hot deal for four or a pitcher for four in Dubai, and in fact you visiting the shop that many times you probably spent more on gas and parking and let alone your bickering here about the price using data, oh wait are you using BlackBerry shop free wifi doing that, just kidding lol Heck, just buy a Z10 which is amazing and it's priced lower than Z3 but if want a new damn good phone which is not a higher end device that comes with 2 years warranty throughout the world via BlackBerry then pay the extra 25 bucks and get it over with.

I know people who crossed borders and others took flights from as far as Russia just to get their hands on a Z10, Gold Q10 and Z30 from the same BlackBerry store you are visiting every two days or you say so.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    07-14-14 05:21 AM
    mate, i have the Z3 since the day in launched till the passport comes out...
    It is just not selling on the price they offer it here. I dont care for the price, i can afford it. But in order to sell more phones it is stupid to price it higher here than in saudi.... and for the same price you get phones with a better reputation here...
    I am having the Z10, having the Q5, had the Z30 as well and i got the Z3. It is not about me, it is about getting more people to buy these phones...
    07-14-14 06:10 AM
    mate, i have the Z3 since the day in launched till the passport comes out...
    It is just not selling on the price they offer it here. I dont care for the price, i can afford it. But in order to sell more phones it is stupid to price it higher here than in saudi.... and for the same price you get phones with a better reputation here...
    I am having the Z10, having the Q5, had the Z30 as well and i got the Z3. It isq not about me, it is about getting more people to buy these phones...
    If what you say is what you mean about wanting more Z3s in people's hands, then you might opt to mention how good are Z3's features and specs in terms of robust hardware, the seamless design, the slick feel, the impressive performance, the functionality, the super battery life, the usability, easiness of the UI, fluidity of the OS, the 2 great cameras with 1080 video recording and time-shift feature, the uninterrupted connectivity, the multitasking, the HUB, the gesture based simplicity, the great BlackBerry stock apps including Story Maker, BlackBerry Maps and Docs to Go, BBM experience next to none, the ability to installing and running 95% of jittery and laggy Android apps, the easiness of transferring contacts and files to, and more by simply stating the fact that Z3 is a bargain even at AED 899 and must-get at SR 799! And by posting all these negative attitude and rant of yours of Z3 being hugely overpriced like really this is what people being waiting to hear so the can go get it when in fact it turns more people away from ever getting one since it is overpriced and not a really good phone for the price!

However, I believe you don't have a single BB10 phone as you never once mentioned you got the Z3 and are always complaining how you not gonna get one at the hugely exaggerated price and your rant sounds like you have a cheap Huawei Ascend and are pissed Z3 isn't as cheap as to your liking and not comparatively with better reputation phones, which most have lived their full shelf lives and thus are old and being gotten rid off. Z3 is simply better specs, OS and all around new phone! Go away Troll!

Posted via CB10
    johnm137 likes this.
    07-14-14 08:21 AM
    How would you know that?

Posted via CB10
    It would be insane not to account for normal price erosion.
    gokulesh likes this.
    07-14-14 10:55 AM
    Dubai is tax free country! Why the hell did the Z3 reach $246 when in Indonesia its less than 200?

Posted via CB10
    I have read you post and understand what you are saying. Give this a little time and maby the price will drop.

I bought a Z10 when they first came out and paid $200.00 with a two year contract with AT&T. With in less than a year one could get the phone for $100.00 with a contract, then the next thing I know one can get the Z10 free with a contract. You can imagine how I felt..!
    07-14-14 08:41 PM
    It would be insane not to account for normal price erosion.
    That I agree. Normal price erosion. Means price will decline over time but not significant price drop because they are not moving.

Look at the inventory they are making and supplying. Reports are 30K to India at launch.

The inventory is very tightly controlled.

JC is concentrating on two things. One is profit and two is building brand value.

Selling things at fire sale prices destroys both and hence my opinion that the days of Z10 fire sale are over.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 10:19 PM
    That I agree. Normal price erosion. Means price will decline over time but not significant price drop because they are not moving.

Look at the inventory they are making and supplying. Reports are 30K to India at launch.

The inventory is very tightly controlled.

JC is concentrating on two things. One is profit and two is building brand value.

Selling things at fire sale prices destroys both and hence my opinion that the days of Z10 fire sale are over.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, no fire sale.
    07-15-14 01:01 AM
65 123