My new Z3 (OS: 10.2.1.3247 / STJ100-1) : "The camera can't be started" always appear when I tap camera icon. I've tried to reboot many times, and reload to factory setting but it still doesn't work.
    OS problem...? Flash...? Any sugestion?
    06-28-14 04:05 AM
    Hard reset your device by holding the power button until your phone turns OFF. Then turn it ON again by pressing the same button.
    06-28-14 04:29 AM
    This issue may come from an installed android app as well. Try to uninstall the latest ones.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 07:30 AM
    Since you just buy the z3 I suggest you to claim warranty my friend z3 also have same problem and claim the warranty and replace with new unit

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 07:42 AM
    I have faced it few times in my Z10 over last year. But usually it becomes OK with a restart.
    Never bothered to check why it had happened. (meanwhile I have Android Apps installed, so that cause cannot be ruled out)

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 08:13 AM
    This error comes up when the camera is already called by another app (usually android) when you try to launch it..
    Try telling us what apps you have, or go into app permissions and turn off for camera access for all apps.. and remove android apps gradually till you spot the one with the problem

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    06-28-14 08:35 AM
    Yes, I did it many times but it still doesn't work...
    06-28-14 10:57 PM
    I've had this same issue with my Z10, and though I tried uninstalling all my Android apps, the same error kept appearing. This is definetely one of the stupidest things BB10 has, and I can't believe Blackberry hasn't somehow fixed it. While investigating for a fix, I noticed this was reported as early as mid 2013.
    Anyways, there are some things that had somehow partly fixed this issue for me, restarting, and hard resetting are some of them. But the most 'effective' (by far effective since it doesn't always works) one for me has been to completely discharge my phone & charge it up with the standard charger that came with it. On one of the BB Support Forums thread, someone pointed out how this apparently started appearing after they used another charger to charge their phone. I tended to use the charger that came with my OS7 phone, since the cord it's larger, but now I only used the one that came with the phone.

I hope this is useful for you, and do report your results!
    06-28-14 11:12 PM
    Charging with a different charger seems like a placebo for me...

Posted via CB10
    LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    06-29-14 05:16 AM
    I've had this same issue with my Z10, and though I tried uninstalling all my Android apps, the same error kept appearing. This is definetely one of the stupidest things BB10 has, and I can't believe Blackberry hasn't somehow fixed it. While investigating for a fix, I noticed this was reported as early as mid 2013.
    Anyways, there are some things that had somehow partly fixed this issue for me, restarting, and hard resetting are some of them. But the most 'effective' (by far effective since it doesn't always works) one for me has been to completely discharge my phone & charge it up with the standard charger that came with it. On one of the BB Support Forums thread, someone pointed out how this apparently started appearing after they used another charger to charge their phone. I tended to use the charger that came with my OS7 phone, since the cord it's larger, but now I only used the one that came with the phone.

I hope this is useful for you, and do report your results!
    This will work if you're having a premature shutdown problem, not camera.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    06-29-14 02:23 PM
    Today I opened my blackberry Z3 package received from an online seller (Flipkart) just to find out that it's camera is not working....I am really disappointed. Tried everything from a hard reset to deleting some apps but no way. Getting the same message again and again that camera can't be started. Looks like a piece of crap!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    07-06-14 11:38 AM
    Usually resolves itself. Some Apps cause this issue.
    Maybe just let the battery drain out and then recharge and check.

Or just reload the OS via BlackBerry Link.

... Z10
    07-06-14 12:16 PM
    Today I opened my blackberry Z3 package received from an online seller (Flipkart) just to find out that it's camera is not working....I am really disappointed. Tried everything from a hard reset to deleting some apps but no way. Getting the same message again and again that camera can't be started. Looks like a piece of crap!

Was it working before you installed anything?
    07-06-14 12:18 PM
    Was it working before you installed anything?
    It was working initially. Later I had loaded four apps....'whatsapp'...an 'ICICI Bank app'...a 'Jet Airways app'...a 'Bombay Stock Exchange app'. I am not sure if in between i ever used the camera....but later I found it was not working whenever I started it. I deleted the jet or ways, Bombay stock exchange apps but no use. I tried hard resets a number of times but no use. The same message kept popping up 'camera can't be started'....I am attaching a picture of the same....really disappointed as I am a die hard fan of blackberry and can't imagine working without it. Please help.

Attached Thumbnails Z3 : Camera can't be started-imageuploadedbycb-forums1404706008.966066.jpg  
    07-06-14 11:09 PM
    How about side loading a higher version camera bar file. (or the latest leak while your at it)?

Z30 Pooooooooower!
    07-07-14 01:30 AM
    Sorry a sidebar question. Is the icici bank app native? It is fully featured?

Unfortunately it seems to be available in India.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 11:11 AM
    Sorry a sidebar question. Is the icici bank app native? It is fully featured?

Unfortunately it seems to be available in India.

Posted via CB10
    Yes! I have been using ICICI bank app for years on my blackberry 9720 and now have tried the same on the new Z3. I have found no problem in loading the same as well while running. Yes, it's fully functional and I downloaded it from 'blackberry world'. Why? Do you suspect it one of the reason that the camera is malfunctioning? Please elaborate. Thanks.

07-09-14 11:26 AM
    Yes! I have been using ICICI bank app for years on my blackberry 9720 and now have tried the same on the new Z3. I have found no problem in loading the same as well while running. Yes, it's fully functional and I downloaded it from 'blackberry world'. Why? Do you suspect it one of the reason that the camera is malfunctioning? Please elaborate. Thanks.

No nothing to do with the camera. I am I'm Canada and the app is not available in BlackBerry World so it seems to be limited to those who are in India.

Is it native?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 05:51 PM

You can sideload the camera bar file! It will work, or you can restore your phone settings or you can reload the OS!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 05:56 PM
    It was working initially. Later I had loaded four apps....'whatsapp'...an 'ICICI Bank app'...a 'Jet Airways app'...a 'Bombay Stock Exchange app'. I am not sure if in between i ever used the camera....but later I found it was not working whenever I started it. I deleted the jet or ways, Bombay stock exchange apps but no use. I tried hard resets a number of times but no use. The same message kept popping up 'camera can't be started'....I am attaching a picture of the same....really disappointed as I am a die hard fan of blackberry and can't imagine working without it. Please help.

Problem seems to be related to 4 android apps, so uninstall them and retry camera. Also Whatsapp is in BlackBerry World

Dev of AutoCrop Scanner
    07-10-14 01:43 AM
    Please be patient with BB10. It's still a young and immature OS.

If you look at the other subforums you'll see issues ranging from android runtime corruption to hub stopping working completely.

I think your only option is to reload the OS and hope 10.3 will be less temperamental..
    07-10-14 12:47 PM
    I do have the same problem, in a sudden my camera app won't start. The message appear "Camera can't be started" What's wrong with my camera n how to fix it?
    Thanks
    05-19-15 05:11 AM
    I've had this on my Z10, when I restart it works perfect. After software update, I've never had this problem

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 03:25 PM
    My new Z3 (OS: 10.2.1.3247 / STJ100-1) : "The camera can't be started" always appear when I tap camera icon. I've tried to reboot many times, and reload to factory setting but it still doesn't work.
    OS problem...? Flash...? Any sugestion?
    03-09-16 09:55 PM
    i had this issue with my Z10 front cam and i think in my device it's a hardware issue coz i just found that the sensor isn't working too

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 10:14 PM
28 12