I'd like to get a BB10 device for my elderly parents. They have simple phones at this time and cannot benefit from location services, glympse, bbm, etc...

The Q's screen are too small for their eyes. The Z10 is fine but I'm concerned with battery life (I've owned a z10 in the recent past). The Z30 (what I have now) is expensive and just too much phone for them.

From the rumors, the Z3 looks as if it might have the right screen size, descent battery life, and could be had at the right price point for me to purchase for my parents. Hey, probably for my kids too.

Who's in the know? Will there be a work around to get the z3 to work on at&t's network?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:18 PM
    Not sure if it is to be domestically available device.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:49 PM
    Well I haven't seen any official spec and info about what frequencies it uses, but when they are revealed you can just compare the frequencies to this wikipedia chart.
    Cellular frequencies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ehroberts likes this.
    03-19-14 07:50 PM

I'd like to re-open this thread for discussion.

My parent went into an At&t "store" in Brooklyn, NY to inquire about purchasing a blackberry. As you might have guessed, she was told to stay clear of any Blackberry. The sales guy suggested that she purchase the "latest" iphone for $1. That iPhone was the 4s! Nice!!!!

Of course, my Mom doesn't know the new iPhone 6 will launch in about nine days. I'm guessing the sales guy probably has a mandate to push the older iphones out the door ASAP!

So, the Z3's are on ebay now. A few questions for those that have a z3 in the U.S.:

• Has anyone successfully connected the z3 to the at&t network?

• If so, are there any gotcha's?

• Was there a problem ordering a sim card?

• How's the performance of BBM on at&t's network?

Thanks in advance.
    08-30-14 05:58 PM
    Z3 works on att with 3g +hsdpa (4g). It also works on 2g when it cant find a 3g+h signal. This is the Malaysian version, the one sold by expansysusa. It's the STJ100-1

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 06:05 PM
    Don't waste your money. The Z3 is not good for an elderly person. They need and should have customer service available if you aren't around. Apple does. Just get them an iPhone. Coming from a blackberry user since 2008.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 08:09 AM
    I think I would rather get a used Z30. Probably about the same price.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 11:36 AM
    I'd like to re-open this thread for discussion.

My parent went into an At&t "store" in Brooklyn, NY to inquire about purchasing a blackberry. As you might have guessed, she was told to stay clear of any Blackberry. The sales guy suggested that she purchase the "latest" iphone for $1. That iPhone was the 4s! Nice!!!!

Of course, my Mom doesn't know the new iPhone 6 will launch in about nine days. I'm guessing the sales guy probably has a mandate to push the older iphones out the door ASAP!

So, the Z3's are on ebay now. A few questions for those that have a z3 in the U.S.:

• Has anyone successfully connected the z3 to the at&t network?

• If so, are there any gotcha's?

• Was there a problem ordering a sim card?

• How's the performance of BBM on at&t's network?

Thanks in advance.
    I can't wait for the Z3 LTE to hit NYC!! Btw I'm in BK too
    09-09-14 01:19 PM