I have an old Blackberry Z3 phone from work, but have moved on since then. In other words, I don't have access to the email which was originally used on the device, nor the device code, or the BB ID.

Is there any way I can do a factory reset of the phone and be able to install apps on it, and use off of WiFi (since I won't have a BB ID anyway)? Have gone through the Z3 guide, browsed the forum here, etc., but don't have an answer. Hoping to get some suggestions here.

The details -
    BlackBerry Z3; Model: STJ100-1

Thanks.
    10-01-19 09:36 PM
    I have an old Blackberry Z3 phone from work, but have moved on since then. In other words, I don't have access to the email which was originally used on the device, nor the device code, or the BB ID.

Is there any way I can do a factory reset of the phone and be able to install apps on it, and use off of WiFi (since I won't have a BB ID anyway)? Have gone through the Z3 guide, browsed the forum here, etc., but don't have an answer. Hoping to get some suggestions here.

The details -

Thanks.
    No, you will need that BBID and password.
    10-01-19 10:15 PM

The details -

Thanks.
    I'm assuming the device is fully locked Gekko? In other words, there's a password on the device itself, in addition to the Blackberry ID used with the phone?
    10-02-19 12:31 AM
    Yes, it is fully locked.
    10-03-19 11:02 AM
    Yes, it is fully locked.
    Sorry for the delay in reply Gekko; just saw your response. Do you know the e-mail address that was originally used for the Blackberry ID? I realize you don't have access to it, but do you know what it was?
    10-08-19 07:57 PM
    Sorry for the delay in reply Gekko; just saw your response. Do you know the e-mail address that was originally used for the Blackberry ID? I realize you don't have access to it, but do you know what it was?
    Thank you, and no worry on the delay

The email ID associated with the Z3 was [email removed]
    10-10-19 01:14 AM
    Please help I got same problem [email removed]
    10-18-19 08:33 AM
    I was given a Z30 and a Z10 in a pile of old electronics...same problem, they were wiped and at the BBID screens in the setup...I wanted to try and get them going for backup phones...but ended up keeping them for spare parts....about 7 months (I think) after sitting in the drawer I took out the Z30 to rob parts for my Z...I plugged it in to ensure it still functioned...but when it booted I got the normal setup screens...so I got to the ID screen figuring that it was going to ask for the ID again...but it was the sign in/create new ID screen...I created a new ID and sure enough, I was able to set it up fresh and new...and found its battery was stronger...so I didn't fix my old phone, just swapped SIMS and reloaded apps and accounts and I'm still using this phone...about a year later...

I'm not sure if being dead for all that time it reset something (doubtful)...or it 'phones home' regularly to keep connected to the NOC or something and after failed attempts the ID and data profiles are wiped from the servers...

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    10-18-19 10:43 PM
    ...oh, and the Z10 also was freed up and is now a backup phone...

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    10-18-19 10:44 PM