Hi..this is my first BlackBerry device(loving it)...used Windows before but not android...whenever I read anything about BlackBerry articles, productivity and security are the words I see the most...I don't understand how BlackBerry is more productive than other mobiles.. Second it's security, I guess security comes only when if u have a BIS plan and BES(correct me if I'm wrong) ..what if I'm not having BIS and BES, is my z3 not secure?...so please clarify me how BlackBerry is more productive and secure when compared to other devices or OS

Long live BB
    11-08-14 10:57 PM
    11-09-14 12:32 PM
    OK I will try to be very brief in this one, if you can't complete the blank space in parlance of common slang words, that's secure os for you.
    IOS = jailbreak
    Windows = hacked
    Android = rooted
    Blackberry = ________ ?
    11-09-14 12:52 PM
    Proud to be a BlackBerry user

Long live BB
    11-10-14 03:54 AM
    Yeah, BlackBerry rocks... but sometimes when i get a notification and when my phone is locked., the touchscreen doesn't work.,if I touch the notification like watsapp or anything.,it doesn;t open..,any solutions?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 11:34 AM
    OK I will try to be very brief in this one, if you can't complete the blank space in parlance of common slang words, that's secure os for you.
    IOS = jailbreak
    Windows = hacked
    Android = rooted
    Blackberry = ________ ?
    ... not so attractive anymore? :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:25 PM
    Hi..this is my first BlackBerry device(loving it)...used Windows before but not android...whenever I read anything about BlackBerry articles, productivity and security are the words I see the most...I don't understand how BlackBerry is more productive than other mobiles.. Second it's security, I guess security comes only when if u have a BIS plan and BES(correct me if I'm wrong) ..what if I'm not having BIS and BES, is my z3 not secure?...so please clarify me how BlackBerry is more productive and secure when compared to other devices or OS

Long live BB
    Welcome to BlackBerry.

I'm a former WP user as well. I like WP a lot and miss some of its features as well, ie People Hub, Live Tiles..

But to your question...

Security first....Blackberry has the concept of security in its DNA. Sure, that DNA is mostly on the Enterprise, not consumer side. But you can trust BlackBerry to be thinking about security when in it comes to hardware. Will you be unsafe with WP? probably not. Android is a different story as its more an open platform. BBM is a debated topic right now as to just how secure, or "best in class" it really is.

But with all of that said, in my opinion it's more of a great marketing slogan leftover from BlackBerry's heyday. I'll get hate mail for this statement but it's possible to find perfectly secure, best in class hardware and software on other platforms now as well.

Productivity..Well, I'm still wrestling with this one as well. Personally, I don't want "productivity" to be the main thing on my phone really either. I want a fun, useful Smartphone. BlackBerry can be that, but not as much as WP or Android. There are a thousand ways to read your email, group messages, attach files and documents, ect so if that's your thing then BlackBerry is second to none. If you want to browse the Internet, play games, chat, take photos, the normal stuff, any platform will do.

The bottom line I guess is, do you enjoy using BB10? Do you like the Z3 Hardware (I do)? If so, forget all the security and productivity crap and just enjoy the phone.

Cheers.

Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Z3 running BlackBerry 10 - 2BBEAACF
    11-11-14 08:20 AM
    Thanks for replying...yes I feel the eco system of BlackBerry is top notch when compared to other's (don't know about ios)...I feel windows still has a lot of space for improvement...esp I hate to see that back ground wallpaper for tiles(looks ugly), but the live tiles are good...android I feel it's a bit complex...not easy to operate...looks untidy like there are so many things on your phone ...and yes as you said BlackBerry is not for games nor camera...but it has small small things like great keyboard, active frames,hub,search,quick reply to msg which makes me fall in love with my z3...waiting for 10.3.1 official release

Long live BB
    11-11-14 11:48 AM
    IOS = jailbreak
    Windows = hacked
    Android = rooted
    Blackberry = ** SECURE ** !!!!!
    Fixed that for you.
    11-11-14 12:45 PM