Hi, first of all i have to tell you that i'm a user of Lumia (but before my lumia i use Blackberry storm odin 9550) and oh, the most important thing is, i'm an Indonesian and i am living in Jakarta, so i can report the actual sale of z3 right now almost precisely.

Before i tell you the sale, i will introduce you to perhaps the longest Intro in the history of the shortest point. I have to say, Z3 is a very very very good device, but sadly not the Indonesian (and especially Jakartans) need. You see, We Indonesians in terms of Mobile Device can be divided to 3 categories
    1. The Trend Setter (The Upper Class)
    2. The Adopter of Trend Setter (Middle class)
    3. The Mainstream who will follow at anything (low class, the majority of Indonesian is this class)

As the list suggest, The Trend Setter who knows what happen in International trend set the trend in Indonesia. Then the Adopter starts adopting it once they have the money. And soon the trend will be adopted by the Mainstream. For an example, Indonesians are a very narcisism people, selfie is so popular here, but we used to call it Narsis before. So the Trend Setter are looking for the best camera in the phone (which happen to be Nokia at that time..) and the adopter start using too and then the mainstream use it too.

Control the Trend Setter, and you can get the whole nation, right? Well yes. But it is not that easy, because all the categories above have a very bad habit that should be aware of. Which is :
    1. Get Bored easily
    2. Want everything the easy way and cheapest way as possible
    3. Selfie Addicted
    4. Chatting Addicted
    5. Chatting Addicted.
    6. Social Media Addicted
    7. Social Media Addicted

Seriously, we are in love with Messaging Platform and Social Media. You name it, Facebook - Twitter - Path - BBM - Watsapp - Line - Wechat - Kakaotalk. You can argue that most of the names above are already a routine apps in Blackberry, right, needless to say BBM? YES IT IS! AND THAT'S WHY SEVERAL YEARS AGO BLACKBERRY RULED THIS COUNTRY. (Please mind the overly used Caps lol ) Because Blackberry have it all, and oh my god the BBM effect.. never have i seen the messenger can be so influental, "ngapain smsan, bbman ajah" loosely translated to -> No more SMS, let's just BBM (some actual lines that were used in our country).

So why now the negative selling?

Almost the same reason why Nokia (who used to be the ruler of this country before blackberry) enter bad habbit number 1 and 2. Blackberry price range become more and more expensive, and we just get bored with Facebok and Twitter. We literally stopped logging in to Facebook and rarely tweet anymore. The same case that is happening to Friendster before Facebook. Although BBM is Irreplaceable.

So.. Enter the Apple into Market. Apple is giving us something new. The new looks of Facebook, twitter, and the emerging of Instagram that looked soo good at Apple. Apple easily wins the heart of Trend Setter, but due to its price, it can not conquer the heart (or perhaps the wallet to be accurate) of The Adopter, and therefore the trend can't continue to the Mainstream. Enter the Android. They offers some of the cheapest smartphone in the market and with the same look of Apple too! Android then Easily won the heart of the Adopter with Samsung paved the way of the new Ruler of Smartphone in Indonesia, stalking blackberry since Gingerbread and beginning to dominate since ice cream sandwich. But wait, there's no good messenger app that's as good as BBM in Apple and Android.. No problem, Whatsapp is in the house, and also introducing Lines, WeChat, and Kakaotalk, and they come with cute stickers too!

And ever since then sits dominantly over Blackberry and Nokia. Blackberry tried to responded with Z10, but the damage is too far done. Enter 'Path'. Maybe you don't really know this social media, but here in Indonesia, Path is a fast growing Social Media to date and fastly replacing Facebook and Twitter, it is now Path and Instagram. And guess what? You can't have Path and Instagram in Z10, well you can, but you have to download the apk blablabla enter bad habbit number 2 again. Hah! At least nothing can beat BBM and those android and apple fanboy can only bite their nail when it comes to mes, WELL HELLO THERE, Now BBM is supported in Android, all Android users can use BBM now, And just like that, the Blackberry are fallen. Z10 price now can be cut to arround $300 and no one will buy it.

"For what? You can't run Instagram or Path in Z10.. I wanna buy Samsung instead"

But hey, Blackberry doesn't want to give up, yet. They want to say "thank you" to our market for all the trust and support they get ever the year. So here is Blackberry Z3 Jakarta!

Need i tell you the rest? The sale didn't succed. Not as they hope too at least. There is a hype going on but quickly faded.

"Whoaa, the design looks great! And the price are only $100 in preorder? This will be my new device to use Path and Instagram. Wait what? No Path and Instagram? still?" *walks away and then buy the new Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo with overrated price*

So to sum up. It is simple to enter the Indonesian Market now. Have a device with preloaded Path, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Line, Kakaotalk, Wechat, and off course BBM. Advertise it big time in big billboard in every major street in every major Indonesian City, "The New Blackberry Z3 JAKARTA. Now with PATH and Instagram!" And i will guarantee you, it will sell so easy like a hot katana made by hattori hanzo through a butter.

The Power of BBM is still so powerfull enough, even the recent Nokia X ads here are putting these sentence in their line "Nokia X, Android and BBM inside!" and the device are alot more hype than Z3. And then People with more money are introduced to Lumia should they feel the Nokia X are not that good. And people would see that Lumia can also run Path and Instagram, and the price are lower than Android, and with a good camera too. That is a brilliant strategy by Nokia. Blackberry should learn this 'Cultural' thing to retain their success again in Indonesia. Now the trend is to Video Chat. Apple are introducing Facetime while Android still to respond and Windowsphone with Skype. This could be the downfall of Samsung domination should the trend reaches the Mainstream, currently the trend are reaching The Adopter this year. So this is the chance for Blackberry. Develop their own unique apps of video chat, or preload Skype or Facetime in the new device, Advertise it heavily.

Long have i been a secret admirer of Blackberry (and also learning to speak in English with perfect grammar, so please excuse my maybe bad english). But if Blackberry didn't learned where did they fail so badly, days are numbered for Blackberry in Indonesia.

And for the record, after seeing BB10, it definetely looks awesome! Windows Phone 8.1 are having a serious challenge in battle for third OS.

And there's people who will buy the Z3 just for the sake of BBM. THAT is the prime example of how still powerfull is the BBM in Indonesia.
    Beakman, m1kr0, LeeU1911 and 27 others like this.
    06-06-14 04:24 PM
    Great post
    Justam likes this.
    06-06-14 04:47 PM
    The reason the Z3 is not selling is that 95% of the smartphone market everywhere is for a non qwetry phone. Economics 101"Those who ignore the market will be punished by it!"
    vanrickman likes this.
    06-06-14 04:48 PM
    Jaftp . . . . .
    Toodeurep likes this.
    06-06-14 04:58 PM
    The reason the Z3 is not selling is that 95% of the smartphone market everywhere is for a non qwetry phone. Economics 101"Those who ignore the market will be punished by it!"
    The Z3 is not a qwerty....
    06-06-14 05:02 PM
    This thread is pure speculation.
    06-06-14 05:04 PM
    So what does that have to do with the Z3?
    bungaboy, lift and wincyUt like this.
    06-06-14 05:05 PM
    "Wait what? No Path and Instagram? still?"

You know that BB10 has an Android runtime and can run almost 98% of all the Android apps? I thought Blackberry advertised "Android compatibility" as one of the features of Z3 in Indonesia. May be you have been too long on Lumia to know that. BB10 has best of both Android and Blackberry now. If Blackberry can somehow integrate Google services that would be awesome. I thought Z3 was doing quite good in Indonesia, price has gone up and and it was hard to find one
    06-06-14 05:05 PM
    Had me interested at the start...
    ...the most important thing is, i'm an Indonesian and i am living in Jakarta, so i can report the actual sale of z3 right now almost precisely...
    Then the rest seemed more like one of those random bot-messages. No offense though, I am sure you have put a lot of thought into it.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    06-06-14 05:16 PM
    Excellent synopsis and analysis of a whole bunch of intangibles. Makes perfect sense if one reads that "easily bored" and "narcissistic" to mean bias toward instant gratification and unwilling to self apply, in this case side loading etc. Of course this would describe almost anybody now but the OP brought up the specifics to his area/culture. Would we have such a commentator for us westerners, not for the main premise, which holds nevertheless, but for the details within the culture. I propose a start, and that is the western tendency to kick someone when they're down has contributed just as much to BB's demise as the easily transferable scenario outlined by the OP.
    stevepar likes this.
    06-06-14 05:41 PM
    "Wait what? No Path and Instagram? still?"

You know that BB10 has an Android runtime and can run almost 98% of all the Android apps? I thought Blackberry advertised "Android compatibility" as one of the features of Z3 in Indonesia. May be you have been too long on Lumia to know that. BB10 has best of both Android and Blackberry now. If Blackberry can somehow integrate Google services that would be awesome. I thought Z3 was doing quite good in Indonesia, price has gone up and and it was hard to find one
    Yes but the BB way is like cooking your own meal, People just want to pop something in the microwave these days.

Even what headway Z3 has made is blunted by inventory problems. People just can't get it and retailers can't tell them when it will be restocked.
    JeepBB and TGR1 like this.
    06-06-14 05:44 PM
    "If only the Z3 had sold with InstaGram, Path, WeChat, WhatsApp as well as BBM preloaded"...in a nutshell...

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442:296"the iPhone Nemesis"
    Loc22 likes this.
    06-06-14 05:49 PM
    Thanks for the perspective into the fickle Indonesian market. Hopefully they get bored of everything else soon enough and come back to BlackBerry when their tastes grow up to appreciate more enduring, practical features and strengths.

But I somehow doubt it...

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 and JeepBB like this.
    06-06-14 05:51 PM
    This thread is pure speculation.
    Not pure speculation. You just have to be in the Indonesian shoes to see it the Indonesian way.
    06-06-14 05:59 PM
    OP that was a long and opinionated story. I'm afraid you haven't proved that Z3 is failing in Indonesia. Your guess has a 50% chance of being right or wrong.
    06-06-14 06:04 PM
    Not pure speculation. You just have to be in the Indonesian shoes to see it the Indonesian way.
    All Indonesians don't think alike, neither is it a homogeneous society. I don't know which country you are from, but please don't tell me everyone from your country has the same "buying habits or patterns".
    06-06-14 06:08 PM
    Since BlackBerry doesn't have an agreement with Google. It can't preload Android apps on BlackBerry devices. Users have to do that themselves. The problem is not all users want to go through all that trouble to install Snap themselves (*even it's quite easy to do*) so that is one of the biggest challenge I think for BlackBerry.

? CB10 ?
    06-06-14 06:15 PM
    Where was this post 6mo ago?!
    06-06-14 06:29 PM
    Being in Indonesia doesn't give him expert knowledge. It's like me living in Canada and telling you how many ford escapes have sold with no published info.

Thanks but I prefer to gear it from BlackBerry.

BB Proud
    dusdal, bungaboy, stevepar and 3 others like this.
    06-06-14 06:51 PM
    I would like to thank those who posted for maintaining the belief that this is nothing more than a blogger paid to post their random thoughts. I think that was really collegial. A few hints to the blogger. Next time, make sure your buddies know that the Z3 isn't a QWERTY and that it is capable of running Android Apps. The thread could have gone on longer. Time for the moderator to close this silly thread.
    06-06-14 07:12 PM
    All Indonesians don't think alike, neither is it a homogeneous society. I don't know which country you are from, but please don't tell me everyone from your country has the same "buying habits or patterns".
    Well, I think we can say given his handle and pitch perfect English that he is not Indonesian. My guess is someone from South Jersey who considers a trip to Philadelphia a foreign adventure.
    bungaboy, wincyUt and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-06-14 07:17 PM
    Being in Indonesia doesn't give him expert knowledge. It's like me living in Canada and telling you how many ford escapes have sold with no published info.

Thanks but I prefer to gear it from BlackBerry.

BB Proud
    The former CEOs of rim would be proud of your unwillingness to see the truth. You doubt him because he says things you don't want to hear. Keep believing in bb. Is worked well so far for you.
    milo53, kevinnugent, aha and 1 others like this.
    06-06-14 07:28 PM
    Since BlackBerry doesn't have an agreement with Google. It can't preload Android apps on BlackBerry devices. Users have to do that themselves. The problem is not all users want to go through all that trouble to install Snap themselves (*even it's quite easy to do*) so that is one of the biggest challenge I think for BlackBerry.

? CB10 ?
    Google doesn't control android apps apart from their own play store and the Google apps that they actually make. Case in point are the android apps in BlackBerry World. BlackBerry didn't need googles permission to host those apps, neither does amazon.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 07:30 PM
    "so i can report the actual sale of z3 right now almost precisely." Ok so where are the numbers?
    06-06-14 07:33 PM
    Please remember guys, this is supposed to be a family friendly site. =)

Agree to disagree. We all have opinions after all, we're human! ^_^

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    Last edited by zocster; 06-06-14 at 10:55 PM.
    06-06-14 08:19 PM
134 123 ...