Hi all,

Am running OS 10.2.1.3247 on a month old Z3 and this is a major bug with the OS which am going to mention here. Kindly provide me some solution for the same.

It is the lock device with a regular password and the picture password. I have my lock screen time out set to 1 minute. When I want to turn the picture password on, I set a device password, then enable picture password, go through the procedure, choose a number, picture, then position it and once its done back to the main page of apps. Then when I check settings, the picture password shows switched off! I had turned it on a few seconds back. Nevertheless, I lock the screen pressing the lock button and within a few seconds open the screen up, it does not prompt the password! Although, it only does prompt the password and picture combination ONLY after the screen turns off on its own in a minute(due to the lock screen timeout that I've set), that it works. But even then the picture password option shows off when it should be showing turned on!

Now for the device password, same thing, I set a 4 digit numeric password, lock screen time out set to 1 min, save, close settings, press lock button, wait a few seconds or minutes. Boom! It DOES NOT prompt the simple password I set! This is a serious security issue and even the simplest and cheapest of phones have this sorted. Again like the picture password error, this thing too prompts for password when it has shut off on its own in a minutes time. Meaning it works on its own, but not every single time. In a way good that you do not have to key in your password every now and then but I find it a serious bug.

I reset the device by holding the volume up and down keys, also rebooted it twice but no luck! Just the same. What to do? Will mighty appreciate your feedback.

Awaiting your responses.

Cheers,
    Mehul.
    nisarg86 likes this.
    08-21-14 12:15 PM
    I reset the device by holding the volume up and down keys, also rebooted it twice but no luck! Just the same. What to do? Will mighty appreciate your feedback.
    08-22-14 12:31 PM
    First of all, when u set a device password then it will work all the time.the thing is picture password will show you off yet u have set the picture password. It will be working according to time limit....if u will forget the picture password the after 5 time try. it will ask for writing BlackBerry and then ur device pasword.....
    And if u again click the picture pass,then it will again ask u to set a new one....

@dazlr
    08-22-14 12:50 PM