I disagree about battery life. The Z10 has awful battery life. Q5, Z30 and Z3 much better. But then again android devices of similar size now have equal battery life. I know some people like to think they look more businessy using a blackberry, but android is so flexible you can customise it to be businessy, yet not miss out on the entertainment part.

Seriously, look at all the complaints in the OS section about hub misbehaving, system suddenly eating 30% cpu... in my case my text messages refused to show up anywhere else excwpt in the hub, and it wouldn't even alert me to new messages!

This is on the latest os btw. I don't see how a business professional could tolerate this. Duplicate contacts are still a problem. I mean it's a phone right? It's unforgivable to have bugs like this in contacts and messages. Never had issues like this with android or iOS.
    06-24-14 06:52 AM
    I disagree about battery life. The Z10 has awful battery life. Q5, Z30 and Z3 much better. But then again android devices of similar size now have equal battery life. I know some people like to think they look more businessy using a blackberry, but android is so flexible you can customise it to be businessy, yet not miss out on the entertainment part.

Seriously, look at all the complaints in the OS section about hub misbehaving, system suddenly eating 30% cpu... in my case my text messages refused to show up anywhere else excwpt in the hub, and it wouldn't even alert me to new messages!

This is on the latest os btw. I don't see how a business professional could tolerate this. Duplicate contacts are still a problem. I mean it's a phone right? It's unforgivable to have bugs like this in contacts and messages. Never had issues like this with android or iOS.
    I've had worse on android. Apple is very stable but I hate it so won't use it.

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    06-24-14 08:25 AM
    know some people like to think they look more businessy using a blackberry, but android is so flexible you can customise it to be businessy, yet not miss out on the entertainment part.
    Care to elaborate on how you can customize it to be "businessy"?

Android isn't that flexible from my experience - people have been throwing that line around for years and when I finally decided to see what they meant, I found out it just meant adding widgets to your home screen, lock screen, using third party keyboards, and rooting the phone. Big deal.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 11:48 AM
    Care to elaborate on how you can customize it to be "businessy"?

Android isn't that flexible from my experience - people have been throwing that line around for years and when I finally decided to see what they meant, I found out it just meant adding widgets to your home screen, lock screen, using third party keyboards, and rooting the phone. Big deal.

Posted via CB10
    Clearly you have a very superficial knowledge of android. I'm just going to go for the low hanging fruit here and say- all the customisations you just mentioned- what other platform allows that? BlackBerry 10? Ooops sorry nope. Which begs the question, what is your definition of flexible/customisable when it comes to mobile platforms?

Having a Hub? Lol.

BBOS7 had way more custom options.
    06-24-14 02:49 PM
    I've had worse on android. Apple is very stable but I hate it so won't use it.

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    Please do tell. Do check out all the complaints in the Z10 and BB10 subforums first as well. Oh- and don't forget the double typing issue in the Q10 forum.
    06-24-14 03:05 PM
    Yeah challenge people by calling them a fanturd. Name calling. Considering OP said he used an android, whatever he described it to be is what we have to take his word for. It's not factual unless there's evidence, but it's not something you can disprove either based on your "exposures ". So the fact that you started throwing names out there meant you should expect names coming back at you

Posted via CB10
    Great job missing the entire point of the post I will just leave it at that. Have a good day.
    06-24-14 04:12 PM
    Great job missing the entire point of the post I will just leave it at that. Have a good day.
    You you mister

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 06:35 PM
    Please do tell. Do check out all the complaints in the Z10 and BB10 subforums first as well. Oh- and don't forget the double typing issue in the Q10 forum.
    Ever been on imore? Apple ios has bugs too.. infact anyone with a shred of coding or development will tell you it's impossible to avoid bugs. Where the bug shows up though is the primary concern. If it's on something you rarely use, it will just be glossed over. If it's on something likebb10 contacts, then bad bad bad...

But having used ios for 3 years before moving away in 2013 November, I can say I had my fair share of bugs.. infact I remember apple would release a software, then people would complain, so they'd release a 0.1 version of that software.

Good day

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 06:38 PM
    Clearly you have a very superficial knowledge of android. I'm just going to go for the low hanging fruit here and say- all the customisations you just mentioned- what other platform allows that? BlackBerry 10? Ooops sorry nope. Which begs the question, what is your definition of flexible/customisable when it comes to mobile platforms?

Having a Hub? Lol.

BBOS7 had way more custom options.
    Superficial? Why, because I use it like the majority of android users? I'm sorry I don't have time to go around rooting phones.

My definition of flexibility is what is offered by Android. My point is that the flexibility offered by Android is moot, and not a game changer. Nor is it relatively all that useful, TO ME.

Care to elaborate on "deeper" customization options there?

Also, you didn't tell me how you can make android more businessy.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 09:55 PM
59 123