06-24-14 09:55 PM
59 123
tools
    Hi Guys,

I sold my blackberry z3 after used it less than a month.

First, the reason i bought it :
    -Excited with the spec and it prices
    -Want to try BB 10
    -Like it design

Second, the reason i sold it :
    -Bored after used it for few weeks
    -BB 10 still has limited apps, can't custome homescreen, widget, themes.
    -Not for heavy user, this phone also easly get heat ( near camera area, don't know why? ).
    -Sometimes i can't see the LED Notification blink because too small

that's so far i remembered

overall Z3 is a good looking phone with 5" screen ( the screen resolution maybe small but it's enough and look nice ). I really in love with the keyboard, very easy for typing and swift the words really amazing. I will buy a blackberry mobile someday, lets blackberry improve their BB 10 OS to the next level and support more usefull apps.
    jope28 and Dazlr Boy like this.
    06-14-14 11:47 AM
    Interested to know what phone are you coming from before the Z3.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3175
    06-14-14 11:53 AM
    Curious to know, did you make a loss on it?
    Also, what phone did you come from and what are you getting now?
    Wasn't the ability to install Android apps from alternative app stores a solution to the limited apps?
    When you say not for the heavy user, do you mean the battery life?

I hope you don't mind me asking all those questions

All by all, legit reasons and if you didn't like it, it's good that you moved on.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 12:39 PM
    I think he meant it heats up quite a bit under heavy usage. My z10 gets pretty warm as well, and downright hot when playing a game like minion rush
    eldricho likes this.
    06-14-14 12:43 PM
    Your name isn't Chris is it?

Posted via CB10
    dusdal, m1kr0, stevepar and 7 others like this.
    06-14-14 12:43 PM
    I'd like to hear other users opinions as well,the likes and dislikes so far would be very interesting to hear.

My cool running Z30 on 10.3.0.442
    06-14-14 02:34 PM
    I remember someone posted a thread along the lines of 'reasons why the Z3 will not be a hit in Indonesia', and his basic premise was that Indonesians get bored easily. So... I guess he was right.

Here's the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...onesia-936917/
    06-14-14 02:46 PM
    I remember someone posted a thread along the lines of 'reasons why the Z3 will not be a hit in Indonesia', and his basic premise was that Indonesians get bored easily. So... I guess he was right.

Here's the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...onesia-936917/
    Same in singapore. At one point 3 out of every 4 phones sold were iOS, peaking during the iPhone 4 era. When the iphone 5 came out there was a large migration to phablets. Now it's almost equal split samsung and apple with the others picking up crumbs.
    06-14-14 10:19 PM
    We await your return. BB10 is like a ex gf that you keep going back to. Because she's just too good.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    benny4u_06, bunky1971 and Mr4aces like this.
    06-15-14 01:35 AM
    Interested to know what phone are you coming from before the Z3.

I got 3 phones before i bought z3. ( 4 included z3 )
    The first smartphone i bought is Blackberry 9380 a.k.a Orlando ( this phone is for work, use BBM and Email with customer everyday ). Orlando cames with OS.7, icons look nice. The battery life is really terrible in OS.7, if i turned on 3G network for daily use, i have to charge the phone at least 2 times a day..

I used Orlando about 3 years now, this is my primary phone for work but someday i bought the 2nd smartphone that is android os phone. This phone can replace what i want in blackberry phone like email, and now support BBM so i changed my primary phone to android ( at least has a better battery life than my Orlando ), and better native app like FB,WA,Skype,LINE and etc. The 3rd phone is a feature phone, it's a CDMA phone that i used to call home number.

Curious to know, did you make a loss on it?
    Also, what phone did you come from and what are you getting now?
    Wasn't the ability to install Android apps from alternative app stores a solution to the limited apps?
    When you say not for the heavy user, do you mean the battery life?

I hope you don't mind me asking all those questions

All by all, legit reasons and if you didn't like it, it's good that you moved on.

Posted via CB10
    i didn't mind, you can ask any question. I know BB10.2 can install android apps but sometimes not run as well as native apps. I installed Line Messenger in Z3, sometimes lag and force closed and it doesn't not support video call. I used BBM, Email, Line Messenger and Whatsapp in Z3. Very active chat in Line, i set the network to 2G for chatting and the battery life stand very good. Disconnected the charger at 7am, with active chat in Line, BBM and sometimes browsing reading the news, the battery still stand at 40/50% at 9pm.

Posted via CB10
    im not Chris
    m1kr0 and eldricho like this.
    06-15-14 04:52 AM
    I would have liked you to hold onto your Z3 until the release of OS 10.3. Running all those Android apps you need will be so much quicker and smoother. But thanks for responding to all these questions. As long as you are happy with your new Android phone, that's the most important part.

afhstingray likes this.
    06-15-14 10:52 AM
    There are so many apps also on google play store how can you miss them.
    06-15-14 10:57 AM
    I would have liked you to hold onto your Z3 until the release of OS 10.3. Running all those Android apps you need will be so much quicker and smoother. But thanks for responding to all these questions. As long as you are happy with your new Android phone, that's the most important part.

No, I got android phone a year now and later bought the z3. So, not the reason i sold my z3.

There are so many apps also on google play store how can you miss them.
    i didn't miss it, i knew lots of android apps on playstore but the apps i want thats not fully support with the Z3 ( BB 10 OS ). I downloaded Line Messenger but not support for video calling, I downloaded Launcher but can't fully work with the Z3, I want custome the widget but i can't do it with the Z3. Can't install apps to sd card.

btw, i bought z3 at Rp.1.800.000 rupiah then i sold it at Rp.2.100.000 rupiah
    Stock limited and price getting up, also my z3 is a Limited edition a.k.a Jakarta.
    06-15-14 11:58 AM
    Which android phone do you have OP?
    06-15-14 12:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    This made me laugh my behind off.
    06-15-14 01:02 PM
    I wonder if Indonesians would still get bored if pictures of Donita are pushed daily as wallpaper on the Z3..

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    06-15-14 01:05 PM
    I wonder if Indonesians would still get bored if pictures of Donita are pushed daily as wallpaper on the Z3..

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    Miaybi!! I vote for miaybi!!
    06-15-14 01:20 PM
    I dont really mind that you sold your z3, but you should had sold it to me !!!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-15-14 07:17 PM
    I really thought you sold because you were making money on it.. That is until I read your post..

I hope you made some money on it..
    06-15-14 07:31 PM
    BlackBerry is not really for everyone...

I convinced my cousin to buy Z30 after showing mine... and after two weeks, he sold it too... it's great!, he said... but for some reason that even him cannot explain, he got bored with the OS + the fact that most of those apps and games he used to have from his previous mobile are still not available in BB10 (never bothered to ask what they are)... and I realized that BlackBerry is not really for everyone...

And this is the mystery that Mr. Chen should discover and solve - "why BlackBerry is not for everyone (or for majority at least)?"...

Posted via CB10
    johngoadams likes this.
    06-15-14 08:53 PM
    BlackBerry is not really for everyone...

I convinced my cousin to buy Z30 after showing mine... and after two weeks, he sold it too... it's great!, he said... but for some reason that even him cannot explain, he got bored with the OS + the fact that most of those apps and games he used to have from his previous mobile are still not available in BB10 (never bothered to ask what they are)... and I realized that BlackBerry is not really for everyone...

And this is the mystery that Mr. Chen should discover and solve - "why BlackBerry is not for everyone (or for majority at least)?"...

Posted via CB10
    Please no... I don't do things like most people and I don't like the same things as most people. If they start designing BB devices and the OS to appeal to "most people" I think it will result in something that doesn't really appeal to me...

Right now, the key to success is simply to jump on whatever bandwagon is the most popular now. So that means all-touchscreen, with a high megapixel camera (doesn't matter if it's high quality or not, the bigger the number of megapixels the more "oohs" and "ahs" it'll get from the masses), and some gimmicky biometric or exercise gizmo...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    Mr4aces and scrapmetal58 like this.
    06-15-14 11:10 PM
    I really thought you sold because you were making money on it.. That is until I read your post..

I hope you made some money on it..
    that's not the reason i sold, i just sold it at the best moment when the price getting up. If i want making money with this, i will buy more than one z3.
    06-16-14 04:56 AM
    Please no... I don't do things like most people and I don't like the same things as most people. If they start designing BB devices and the OS to appeal to "most people" I think it will result in something that doesn't really appeal to me...

Right now, the key to success is simply to jump on whatever bandwagon is the most popular now. So that means all-touchscreen, with a high megapixel camera (doesn't matter if it's high quality or not, the bigger the number of megapixels the more "oohs" and "ahs" it'll get from the masses), and some gimmicky biometric or exercise gizmo...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    I think Nokia and apple already did the job educating people about cameras.
    06-16-14 05:58 AM
    I don't think the android experience is any better on android. I actually think it sucks!

Let me share my experience:
    I bought my dad a samsung galaxy tab 3 for his birthday. This was solely for FB, Skype, and a few other games he plays made by King.

Example 1:
    I preloaded all his apps before his birthday and had them ready on the home screen for ease of use on a new device. Then powered it off
    The next day my dad opens the gift and powers it on. He asks me "what do I do now"? I look and All the home screen apps were missing and not visible on the device, although play store still showed them installed. The FIX..first Android reboot Wooohoooo.

Example 2:
    My dad is on Skype on his PC, Z10, and now Galaxy. He wants to use Skype on the galaxy but when he calls his friends no one answered. OK, not available right? Wrong, the same pple are trying to call me dad now and it rings on his PC and his Z10. But not the galaxy. FIX= second reboot in 2 days to fix issues.

Conclusion:
    Android apps runs just as Crap on android devices. Yes we reboot blackberries to fix issues but Android is no better. In the end, my dad was happy the galaxy due to screen size and portability but he still prefers the Z10 first.

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    Mr4aces and Dave Bourque like this.
    06-16-14 09:52 AM
    I don't think the android experience is any better on android. I actually think it sucks!

Let me share my experience:
    I bought my dad a samsung galaxy tab 3 for his birthday. This was solely for FB, Skype, and a few other games he plays made by King.

Example 1:
    I preloaded all his apps before his birthday and had them ready on the home screen for ease of use on a new device. Then powered it off
    The next day my dad opens the gift and powers it on. He asks me "what do I do now"? I look and All the home screen apps were missing and not visible on the device, although play store still showed them installed. The FIX..first Android reboot Wooohoooo.

Example 2:
    My dad is on Skype on his PC, Z10, and now Galaxy. He wants to use Skype on the galaxy but when he calls his friends no one answered. OK, not available right? Wrong, the same pple are trying to call me dad now and it rings on his PC and his Z10. But not the galaxy. FIX= second reboot in 2 days to fix issues.

Conclusion:
    Android apps runs just as Crap on android devices. Yes we reboot blackberries to fix issues but Android is no better. In the end, my dad was happy the galaxy due to screen size and portability but he still prefers the Z10 first.

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    You and your dad must be seriously unlucky. You paint as horrific a picture of android as the worst blackberry haters around here.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    06-16-14 11:00 AM
59 123