My BB Z3 got wet in the rain . I noticed it after a while when I had to make a call. The water was visible inside the phone. I instantly switched off the phone. Then after a day I disassembled the phone to dry it. I only took out the back panel, battery and the main board. Didn't do anything to the LCD. After making sure the phone was completely dry I assembled it again and it booted normally.

Now when I connect the phone to the charger, the battery icon only shows connection symbol (two parallel lines) on left side of the battery icon and no charge symbol. So now it detects the charger but does not charge the battery.I tried with multiple chargers too. After that the battery drained and phone was off. when I connect to charger now the phone only shows a red battery with a charging sign on it but it does not charge the phone. Kept it on charge whole night but nothing happened, only LED blinking yellow continuously.

I thought the battery may be failing because of water so I bought a new battery and replaced the old one. The phone booted again but when i connect to the charger, it still only shows connection symbol and does not charge the phone.
    What could be the problem ?
    05-26-18 01:58 AM
    A blinking Yellow normally means your battery is low and IS charging.

Have you tried a soft reset?

Sent from a Blackkberry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-26-18 09:56 PM
    My BB Z3 got wet in the rain . I noticed it after a while when I had to make a call. The water was visible inside the phone. I instantly switched off the phone. Then after a day I disassembled the phone to dry it. I only took out the back panel, battery and the main board. Didn't do anything to the LCD. After making sure the phone was completely dry I assembled it again and it booted normally.

Now when I connect the phone to the charger, the battery icon only shows connection symbol (two parallel lines) on left side of the battery icon and no charge symbol. So now it detects the charger but does not charge the battery.I tried with multiple chargers too. After that the battery drained and phone was off. when I connect to charger now the phone only shows a red battery with a charging sign on it but it does not charge the phone. Kept it on charge whole night but nothing happened, only LED blinking yellow continuously.

I thought the battery may be failing because of water so I bought a new battery and replaced the old one. The phone booted again but when i connect to the charger, it still only shows connection symbol and does not charge the phone.
    What could be the problem ?
    do you try with different usb cable?
    if still not work, I think usb chip short, lets give it to technician

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163
    08-15-18 06:00 AM