For those of you that know me here, I moved on from BB10 and recently BBAndroid to Android/iOS for my primary hardware. I'm still tinkering with KEYones and recently acquired Motion (from @MB64 ) but that's about it. When I get really bored with no client meetings scheduled for the day, I'll bust out my two coffee table, Q5 and Z3 BB10 toys. Neither device ever had SIMs in them and WiFi only was fine.

I recently wanted to help setup a couple of MVNO accounts for SafeLink and SimpleMobile for relatives. I'm very rusty and haven't done this for awhile. Most everyone here knows, I'm AT&T carrier locked for multiple lines and T-Mobile factory unlocked for emergency lines.

Figured setting up couple of MVNOs couldn't be that hard on couple of factory unlocked BB10 devices and transfer SIMs to respective family members.. But soooooo wrong.. The Q5 won't recognize and SIM card because I must have bent some PINS using SIM adapter from Nano to Micro that Q5 requires. The Z3 gets Voice and SMS only. MMS and Internet won't connect since mobile data seems to need APN Settings corrected.

I've got the APN Settings but when I go into menus, the BB10 menus aren't same as Android/iOS and I can't find deeper submenus. The parent companies American Movil and Tracfone aren't helpful since BlackBerry is BBOS and BIS from their basic knowledge. Anyone have any success in the past on this kind of problem. It's not life changing but I can't let BB10 drop another notch into oblivion. Truth, I can't let BB10 win this one.

LMAO

Posted via CB10
    05-24-20 07:44 AM
    For those of you that know me here, I moved on from BB10 and recently BBAndroid to Android/iOS for my primary hardware. I'm still tinkering with KEYones and recently acquired Motion (from @MB64 ) but that's about it. When I get really bored with no client meetings scheduled for the day, I'll bust out my two coffee table, Q5 and Z3 BB10 toys. Neither device ever had SIMs in them and WiFi only was fine.

I recently wanted to help setup a couple of MVNO accounts for SafeLink and SimpleMobile for relatives. I'm very rusty and haven't done this for awhile. Most everyone here knows, I'm AT&T carrier locked for multiple lines and T-Mobile factory unlocked for emergency lines.

Figured setting up couple of MVNOs couldn't be that hard on couple of factory unlocked BB10 devices and transfer SIMs to respective family members.. But soooooo wrong.. The Q5 won't recognize and SIM card because I must have bent some PINS using SIM adapter from Nano to Micro that Q5 requires. The Z3 gets Voice and SMS only. MMS and Internet won't connect since mobile data seems to need APN Settings corrected.

I've got the APN Settings but when I go into menus, the BB10 menus aren't same as Android/iOS and I can't find deeper submenus. The parent companies American Movil and Tracfone aren't helpful since BlackBerry is BBOS and BIS from their basic knowledge. Anyone have any success in the past on this kind of problem. It's not life changing but I can't let BB10 drop another notch into oblivion. Truth, I can't let BB10 win this one.

LMAO

Posted via CB10
    Does this help?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/apn.gish...rry-z3%3famp=1

Should be same for Q5 as well...
    05-24-20 12:33 PM
    If I understood you correctly, go to Settings - Network and connections - Mobile network. APN action button is right on the bottom action bar

Posted via CB10
    05-24-20 12:42 PM
    Does this help?
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/apn.gish...rry-z3%3famp=1

Should be same for Q5 as well...
    If I understood you correctly, go to Settings - Network and connections - Mobile network. APN action button is right on the bottom action bar

Posted via CB10
    Thanks everyone. I’ll see if this gets me further. I have the APN settings from instructions for Android/iOS and now just looking for all the different places to insert those settings in BB10 so this should help some....

Thanks again
    05-24-20 12:54 PM
    Thanks everyone. I’ll see if this gets me further. I have the APN settings from instructions for Android/iOS and now just looking for all the different places to insert those settings in BB10 so this should help some....

Thanks again
    Hey everybody. I was finally able to get everything up and running. Turns out even though data was enabled on my end, and MVNO showed enabled on their end, data hadn’t been properly transferred and provisioned to new SIM card entirely.

In the end, there’s a few app ecosystem needs that BB10 can’t efficiently accommodate on Q5 or Z3 when app is APK instead of native. That means Q5 and Z3 are back to WiFi only CrackBerry only BB10 hardware on my coffee table.

I did get the cheapest prepaid Android hardware I could find. I’m setting up TCL A1 that I purchased for $24.88 sales price + $2.12 state tax = $27.00 USD if anyone cares. It’s 5” screen, 2/16 GB memory, running Oreo 8.1 similar to my KEYones and Motion that I have for my addiction........
    05-28-20 10:48 AM