First i want to say i'm sorry for my english. I'll do my best to translate this article to english

DetikINET, subdivision of detik.com, news website from Indonesia, has got a chance to interview with John Chen at Consumer Electronic Show 2014 in Las Vegas, USA. In this chance, John Chen explained about some plan to restore Blackberry, one of them is selling low-end smartphones in emerging markets.First low-end smartphone that Blackberry will sell is Blackberry Jakarta. Chen said, this all-touchscreen device will be priced under USD 200.

"All Blackberry smartphones that produced by Foxconn will be priced under USD 200," said Chen

Unfortunately, Chen wouldn't say any information about the specification or the strategy of this low-end Blackberry 10 smartphone. Sure thing is not only Blackberry Jakarta that will be flagship in emerging market.
    the rest of the article just saying about how this website is gonna telling more about the interview with John Chen in the next article that is not posted yet.

Las Vegas - Terungkap sudah berapa harga yang akan dibanderol BlackBerry untuk smartphone BlackBerry Jakarta. John Chen, CEO BlackBerry, telah buka suara untuk harga ponsel yang akan diproduksi melalui Foxconn tersebut.

detikINET mendapatkan kesempatan untuk ikut wawancara terbatas dengan orang nomor satu di perusahaan smartphone asal Kanada tersebut, di sela ajang Consumer Electronic Show 2014 di Las Vegas, AS.

Dalam kesempatan ini, John Chen menuturkan sejumlah rencana untuk membangkitkan kembali BlackBerry dari keterpurukan. Salah satunya dengan mengempur pasar negara berkembang dengan smartphone murah.

Salah satu ponsel murah yang akan jadi jagoan BlackBerry nantinya tentu saja BlackBerry Jakarta. Chen mengungkapkan, ponsel yang mengusung layar sentuh ini akan dibanderol di bawah harga Rp 2 jutaan.

"Semua ponsel BlackBerry kami yang diproduksi oleh Foxconn akan dibanderol di bawah USD 200," demikian ungkap pria berkacamata keturunan Hong Kong yang kerap tampil rapi ini.

Chen sayangnya belum mau membuka lebih jauh perihal spesifikasi maupun strategi untuk smartphone BlackBerry 10 low cost ini. Namun yang pasti, tak hanya BlackBerry Jakarta yang akan jadi andalannya di pasar emerging market.

Dalam kesempatan ini, John Chen juga berbicara banyak perihal strategi BlackBerry dalam persaingan pasar melawan hegemoni Samsung dan Apple di pasar retail. Pun ia bercerita tentang upayanya mempertahankan pasar enterprise yang juga mulai diganggu oleh Samsung.

Seperti apa strategi perang yang akan disiapkan BlackBerry untuk menata kembali bisnisnya di masa depan? Nantikan saja artikel berikutnya hasil wawancara detikINET bersama sejumlah media asing dalam pertemuan terbatas ini.

link: Harga BlackBerry Jakarta Ternyata Tak Sampai Rp 2 Juta | detikInet
    01-07-14 10:34 PM
    So for the next 5 years, every BlackBerry phone produced by Foxconn will retail for under $200? That's a pretty bold statement to make.
    01-07-14 10:44 PM
    So for the next 5 years, every BlackBerry phone produced by Foxconn will retail for under $200? That's a pretty bold statement to make.
    BlackBerry has done bad at bring well priced devices to the market but If Nokia can pull it off why can't they. I think it's more phones for emerging markets that will be cheaper.

Maybe Foxconn is making most of the profits and BlackBerry just wants to get the os out there on more affordable hardware. It's a long shot.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    01-08-14 12:49 AM
    Not really. He already established that Foxconn will only make the low end devices.
    The mid and high end devices will still be made by BlackBerry and they will charge what they want for it.
    Chances are they will be a tad overpriced to try and claw back profit from the low end devices

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 01:37 AM
    It is all good as long as they get devices in hands! People using the low end phones might like them so much they save up for s flagship device down the road. You never know.

www.mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735 Posted on my Z30
    Laura Knotek and Blacklatino like this.
    01-08-14 09:19 AM
    you 'll have more phones with BB10 software

that a great idea to increase market share
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-14 09:32 AM
    Don't get me wrong, nothing against Jakarta, but why is it going to be called Jakarta?

Is Jakarta stand for or is known for something that much extraorinary in the region, that you would name a phone (that needs appeal World Wide) after it?
    01-08-14 09:58 AM
    Don't get me wrong, nothing against Jakarta, but why is it going to be called Jakarta?

Is Jakarta stand for or is known for something that much extraorinary in the region, that you would name a phone (that needs appeal World Wide) after it?
    It's a codename, no one ever said it would actually be called Jakarta upon release.
    01-08-14 10:04 AM
    This is exactly what the new CEO should say to increase market confidence. If this quote gets picked up by more media sites I'm sure we'll see a slight/modest response in the share price.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 10:11 AM
    It could be a good plan:
    When BB-OS 10.2.1-Official comes out, it would be able to run Android-Apps. Then, the argument that Blackberry is bad coz no Apps in comparison to Apple or Android falls... and then, Blackberries have to be distributed all around the world and in masses to get the BB-OS to most consumers... What best than providing cheaper phones for whom who "must" discover the new possibilities. The Hard-BB-Users like us, as well as those who'll be convinced (I hope in masses) will then switch to the "better in specs" Highend devices.

Longterm planning!
    Well done, John! Go go, Blackberry!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    01-08-14 10:16 AM
    All I want to know is did he say anything about official updates.....UPDATES!!!
    01-08-14 10:29 AM
    BB10 burner....justice.
    01-08-14 01:35 PM
    Neither impressed or unimpressed. Under 200 USD is the new standard in these markets. I guess it is good to hear BBRY isn't pulling another Q5.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    01-08-14 01:43 PM
    Thanks for posting OP. Your English is very good.

I'm rather hoping that "under $200" means nearer $100 than $199 or I think BB10 will struggle in a price-concious market.

There are android and winphone rivals at that lower price-point and, with xBBM, no BIS with BB10, and a weak ecosystem; I struggle to see the BB phone's USP over other phones.

If Jakarta sells for $199, why would a buyer spend 100% extra on the BB10 phone over a cheap android? I'm not sure that "but, it's a BlackBerry" has the same sales pull it once might have had. Charging a premium on a phone that isn't clearly head and shoulders above others in the segment, and expecting sales, is repeating the folly of the Z10 IMO.

Guess we'll see later this year.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-08-14 01:44 PM

I'm rather hoping that "under $200" means nearer $100 than $199 or I think BB10 will struggle in a price-concious market.

There are android and winphone rivals at that lower price-point and, with xBBM, no BIS with BB10, and a weak ecosystem; I struggle to see the BB phone's USP over other phones.

If Jakarta sells for $199, why would a buyer spend 100% extra on the BB10 phone over a cheap android? I'm not sure that "but, it's a BlackBerry" has the same sales pull it once might have had. Charging a premium on a phone that isn't clearly head and shoulders above others in the segment, and expecting sales, is repeating the folly of the Z10 IMO.

Guess we'll see later this year.
    "It's a Blackberry" will have a complete other signification, then!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    01-08-14 02:07 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. It has to be priced the same or lower than the cheapest Androids and Windows Phones.
    01-08-14 02:26 PM
    [QUOTE=Tando Linggar Bumi;9822801]First i want to say i'm sorry for my english. I'll do my best to translate this article to english

You should never apologise for speaking a language which is not your mother tongue...Especially English. It's a very difficult language to learn because it has more exceptions than rules.

Thanks for the article. It was an interesting read
    anon8091350 likes this.
    01-08-14 03:10 PM
    I'm waiting for the follow up to the Z10. Z10 is now a year old, a refresh is long overdue.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 05:07 PM
    I'm waiting for the follow up to the Z10. Z10 is now a year old, a refresh is long overdue.

Posted via CB10
    Confused. The refresh of the Z10 was the Z30.

Blacklatino and anon(5906760) like this.
    01-08-14 05:14 PM
    Confused. The refresh of the Z10 was the Z30.

No it wasnt.
    Z30 is A series.
    There has been no follow up to the L series.
    I don't want a follow up to have a big screen

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 05:23 PM
    No it wasnt.
    Z30 is A series.
    There has been no follow up to the L series.
    I don't want a follow up to have a big screen

Posted via CB10
    Z30 is Z series. This is the successor to the Z10 which is also Z series.

The "L" and "A" refer to codenames during testing. Both devices were launched with the "Z" series prefix, indicating they are indeed part of the same target family, and logically the Z30 is the successor to the Z10.

That being said, it could be possible that a future "Z" series device may feature an in-between screen size (4.5" - 4.7") which may better suit your needs. But make no mistake - the Z30 IS the successor to the Z10.

P.S.

Use the Z30 for a few days and you'll love the larger screen. I had the same reservation when I first saw it, and now I can't go back!
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-08-14 05:28 PM
    Z30 is Z series. This is the successor to the Z10 which is also Z series.

The "L" and "A" refer to codenames during testing. Both devices were launched with the "Z" series prefix, indicating they are indeed part of the same target family, and logically the Z30 is the successor to the Z10.

That being said, it could be possible that a future "Z" series device may feature an in-between screen size (4.5" - 4.7") which may better suit your needs. But make no mistake - the Z30 IS the successor to the Z10.

P.S.

Use the Z30 for a few days and you'll love the larger screen. I had the same reservation when I first saw it, and now I can't go back!
    No the codename was London and something else.
    The model numbers are STL and STA.
    I've used the z30 and it did not blow me away. Not enough to warrant the expensive price to upgrade from a z10. Also the screen really was inferior to the z10 when I put them side by side.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-08-14 05:40 PM
    199.99 knowing BlackBerry
    00stryder, Rello and mikeo007 like this.
    01-08-14 05:42 PM
    199.99 knowing BlackBerry
    Before tax :P

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 05:47 PM
    No the codename was London and something else.
    The model numbers are STL and STA.
    I've used the z30 and it did not blow me away. Not enough to warrant the expensive price to upgrade from a z10. Also the screen really was inferior to the z10 when I put them side by side.

Posted via CB10
    The internal codenames were after cities or other things:

R092 - RainierNA SQR100
    R093 - RainierROW SQR100
    R094 - RainierHSPA SQR100

R044 - Nevada SQN100
    R084 - Nashville SQN100
    R085 - Naples SQN100-3 EMEA
    R085 - Naples (prototype) DAC
    R098 - Newport SQN100 NA
    R099 - Newark SQN100-5 Sprint

R070 - Lisbon STL100-3 NA
    R072 - London STL100-1 NO-LTE
    R069 - Laguna STL100-4 Verizon
    R086 - Liverpool STL100-2 EMEA

R081 - Aristo STA100-1 NA
    R089 - Astro STA100-2 EMEA
    R096 - Anisio STA100-3 Verizon
    R108 - Athos STA100-4 Sprint
    R115 - Aramis STA100-5 (Asia/Americas)
    R137 - AstroX STA100-6 LTE same as -2 + 1 band

The STL/STA/SQN/SQR codes are designations to distinguish in shorthand which device they are in code.

I'm assuming the devices will be around $150-$190 - depending on the carrier/retailer. I think Chen will put his foot down and make sure that they aren't charging over $200. However, Carriers might just bump the price to exactly $199,99...decause d**ks. haha
    00stryder and garrett1972 like this.
    01-09-14 03:14 PM
139 123 ...