BlackBerry Z3 Sells Out on First Day in Indonesia (Pictures) | Inside BlackBerry

Indonesian consumers lined up at stores around Jakarta on Friday to buy our new Z3 smartphone, which sold out on its first day of availability in the Indonesian capital.

Reviews of this affordable-but-powerful handset were not only pretty good, but customers in Jakarta responded � strongly.

Here are some of the pictures taken by BlackBerry employees at our main launch event in the upscale Central Park Mall in west Jakarta showing consumers lining up on Friday.

According to my Asian colleagues, first-day sales of the Z3 were several times stronger than for our other recent BlackBerry 10 handsets. Feedback from our retail and distribution partners indicates that sales will likely continue to be strong throughout the weekend.
    brunolovesbrit likes this.
    05-17-14 05:15 PM
    Great news. The recovery has begun!
    05-17-14 05:26 PM
    I don't get it... if it sold out how will sales "continue to be strong throughout the weekend"?

Posted via CB10
    tryfe likes this.
    05-17-14 05:32 PM
    It just sold out the stock of that day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-17-14 05:49 PM
    Any word on the actual number of devices sold?

Great news nonetheless!

Posted using my amazing BlackBerry Z10 or Q5
    05-17-14 09:56 PM
    I don't get it... if it sold out how will sales "continue to be strong throughout the weekend"?

Posted via CB10
    More truckloads of phones everyday I guess ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-17-14 10:13 PM
    Woot, eat it up Indonesians! I know if I was there I would!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 11:26 PM
    More truckloads of phones everyday I guess ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Truckloads? More like a pallet phones boxes don't take that much space

#believeinfilm
    05-18-14 04:54 AM
    Truckloads? More like a pallet phones boxes don't take that much space

#believeinfilm
    Won't Foxconn need a couple of truckloads to deliver your so called "pallets " to various stores throughout Indonesia? Lol. There is no need being anal ; everyone is guessing what contingency arrangements Foxconn has made for its distribution system .
    Let's all wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and AthenaSmith like this.
    05-18-14 06:04 AM
    You know what's unfortunate though? I literally can only find like 3 websites with this info on google news and none of them are big tech sites. It seems like the only news people want to cover about blackberry is bad news. Moreover, even when it's good news, writers find ways to put a cynical spin on it.

Ugh, so much frustration. The worst part of all this is when I look at the comments section and people have this odd tendency to trash blackberry for no reason. It's like, if you really were a fan of technology, wouldn't you want the OS diversity? Like who says, I'd like less options please?

Sorry for ranting
    05-18-14 07:02 AM
    Won't Foxconn need a couple of truckloads to deliver your so called "pallets " to various stores throughout Indonesia? Lol. There is no need being anal ; everyone is guessing what contingency arrangements Foxconn has made for its distribution system .
    Let's all wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, I wasn't talking about numbers, just the space they take, all the Z10 that they gave away at the London launch arrived on just one pallet for example and that was probably around 1000 devices

#believeinfilm
    05-18-14 07:03 AM
    Last day for the launching of z3 here at central park and they posted this message. " pembelian dapat dilakukan apabila anda memiliki kartu kredit BNI. No cash no debit. Hanya bisa menggunakan kartu kredit BNI. " I'm not an indonesian but I feel sorry for those who wants to buy but they cannot only because they don't have a BNI credit card. And a lot are intetested.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 08:38 AM
    Here's the picture.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 08:38 AM
    Picture....sorry.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 08:40 AM
    Awesome to see BlackBerry users upgrading to BB10. Soon BBOS will be a dim and distance memory and other mobile users will see how good BB10 is! Sweet

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    05-18-14 09:26 AM
    Last day for the launching of z3 here at central park and they posted this message. " pembelian dapat dilakukan apabila anda memiliki kartu kredit BNI. No cash no debit. Hanya bisa menggunakan kartu kredit BNI. " I'm not an indonesian but I feel sorry for those who wants to buy but they cannot only because they don't have a BNI credit card. And a lot are intetested.

Posted via CB10
    Makes me wonder if demand is out pacing supply. You typically don't limit who can buy if no one is buying.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 10:20 AM
    You know what's unfortunate though? I literally can only find like 3 websites with this info on google news and none of them are big tech sites. It seems like the only news people want to cover about blackberry is bad news. Moreover, even when it's good news, writers find ways to put a cynical spin on it.

Ugh, so much frustration. The worst part of all this is when I look at the comments section and people have this odd tendency to trash blackberry for no reason. It's like, if you really were a fan of technology, wouldn't you want the OS diversity? Like who says, I'd like less options please?

Sorry for ranting
    Seeking Alpha has more info.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 02:18 PM

Sorry for ranting
    I hear you. Maybe those that want less options don't want too much to have to think about...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 08:55 PM
    I got one preordered and its true most of the preorders are gone but now its open market although not all stores have it yet. Its lighter than my z30 (maybe the battery), display is okay for the price and the wifi needs to be better.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 09:25 AM

Sorry for ranting
    It's the whole culture today. People care more about simply being part of the flock than for being individuals now. So an odd way this manifests when it comes to consumer items, is an odd sense of pride for owning the most popular item, which means trashing everything else and wishing everything else will "die." I mean, think about it, I remember before, even if a company is doing poorly, you wouldn't have people wishing for it to die like you do today with these people...
    05-21-14 02:04 AM
    Picture....sorry.

Posted via CB10
    Change your permissions for the app, you need to grant CB permission to access your files...
    05-21-14 02:05 AM
    Change your permissions for the app, you need to grant CB permission to access your files...
    Pictures still don't load

Developer of AutoCrop Scanner
    05-21-14 08:52 AM
    Makes me wonder if demand is out pacing supply. You typically don't limit who can buy if no one is buying.

Posted via CB10
    It's been 6 days since the launch of Z3, and its so hard to find Z3 in stores here, mostly they're out of stock, some stores has some but they charged it $30-$40 more than suggested price, and I heard die hard fans would still buy it.

In Jakarta maybe a bit easier but other cities is harder to find it, I'm not sure if 25k limited editions are evenly distributed or Z3 is really a hot stuff here ! Hope this is a good sign.
    ptpete likes this.
    05-21-14 10:03 AM
    IF it's true that it's selling well, and IF that is replicated across other markets, I wonder if they'll look to expand the countries in which they sell it. There's nothing wrong with promoting a basic handset - it worked for years with the Curve.
    ptpete likes this.
    05-21-14 10:07 AM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Any word on when stores re stocked with the z3 there?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 12:59 AM
26 12