If you read articles describing Z3 launch, everyone is commenting how high the Z3 price is compared to Moto G. Do you think 15,990 instead of 13,000 is a deal breaker? Or not?
    06-25-14 10:15 AM
    Thing is no one in BlackBerry India is thinking sense.
    This was your chance to put phone and the new OS in people's hand. Blew it..

Moto G resolution and camera (front) is better. BlackBerry should have priced it between 11-12 K, to give market a shakeup. Anyways...

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 10:25 AM
    BlackBerry missed the bus on this one. Pricing it at 10,999/- and lowering the Z30 to 19,990/- would have driven volumes.
    I loved the Z10 at launch and it upwards of 33k if I recollect right - sometime in August 2013?
    And in Jan, I bagged a deal when prices crashed to 17k - a dealer shutting shop sold me this Z10 at 10k and groused that BlackBerry was a tough brand to hawk since they reduce / will reduce pricing every 6 months - and they only put out press releases then. No marketing, no support, no customer friendly policies, etc.

Sad, very sad.

Bet a 100/- right now that the Z30 will be available for sub 18k in another quarter in India.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 ST1 - I mean really!
    06-25-14 11:10 AM
    Z3 or Z30 for a BB10 phone.
    Need advice

Sent via CrackBerry
    06-25-14 11:24 AM
    Wait 2 / 3 months to buy a Z30 - a little better and more h/w, features compared to the Z3

06-25-14 11:32 AM
    To all the armchair analysts in this thread trying to compare cross border pricing at traded exchange rates you should know this is often meaningless as currencies can be over/under valued by significant amounts at any point in time. Purchasing power parity is really all that matters when comparing pricing in different countries. I will leave it up to you to look into what this means but also remember companies set prices to try to maximize profits not revenues and this all depends on price elasticity. Blackberry may have done their consumer research and determined they could have sold this phone for 20% cheaper but the people who will buy it will almost all still buy at at higher price and they will make more money this way. Companies are trying to maximize profit not sales and JC has made it clear they are not going to lose money on phones so their pricing will reflect what will be most profitable not what is the highest volume.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 11:48 AM
    Also Indonesia was clearly a test market for this product and companies are generally more aggressive in their pricing when they do this because it is much better to have a viable product not make as much then have a viable product fail because you over priced it. Now that the Indonesian launch showed them there is demand for the product they are rolling out to a number of new markets at different prices.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 12:00 PM
    Pricing can't be dictated by FX rates. If manufactured by Foxconn in SE Asia, the FX rates work in our favor. And taxes are levied on base rates.

No armchair CEO talk this. Pure common sense that manufacturing in SE Asia means all countries in Asia benefit with lower pricing and shipping.

06-25-14 12:12 PM
    Moto G 8 GB - 12.5
    Z3 - 16K

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 12:39 PM
    Also Indonesia was clearly a test market for this product and companies are generally more aggressive in their pricing when they do this because it is much better to have a viable product not make as much then have a viable product fail because you over priced it. Now that the Indonesian launch showed them there is demand for the product they are rolling out to a number of new markets at different prices.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. As I posted in another thread: My guess is Foxconn hasn't made too many devices and, based on the very fast sell out in Indonesia (probably also on a small number of devices) BlackBerry knows that even at this price they can still sell out the small stock. You know what I mean? Like if Foxconn made 2 million Z3s then they'd be priced sub $200. But if they only made 50K this run then what the hell, might as well charge $260 since that few will sell out anyway.
    06-25-14 01:36 PM
    To all the armchair analysts in this thread trying to compare cross border pricing at traded exchange rates you should know this is often meaningless as currencies can be over/under valued by significant amounts at any point in time.
    Companies are trying to maxize profit not sales and JC has made it clear they are not going to lose money on phones so their pricing will reflect what will be most profitable not what is the highest volume.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm..?

1) where are those armchair analysts comparing prizes on traded exchange rates you are referring to? As far as I could see all prizes quoted where local.

2) Isn't the Moto G being sold at the prize mentioned in this thread? So even if the rates are wrong, as long as they are the same for both BlackBerry and Motorola, then your point is.. misguided at best.

3) JC has stated that BlackBerry are not to loose money on handset sales, but he has also stated that to get market share is a key goal. So building momentum can be viewed as more important than that extra premium on the first wave of handsets. (And yes, pricing it higher than the moto G and still increasing market share are not at odds as long as the market thinks the z3 brings more to the table.)

But valid point about demand in Indonesia resulting in stores being able to drive up prizes, and BlackBerry loosing out on potential additional profits.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 02:28 PM
    BlackBerry missed the bus on this one. Pricing it at 10,999/- and lowering the Z30 to 19,990/- would have driven volumes.
    I loved the Z10 at launch and it upwards of 33k if I recollect right - sometime in August 2013?
    And in Jan, I bagged a deal when prices crashed to 17k - a dealer shutting shop sold me this Z10 at 10k and groused that BlackBerry was a tough brand to hawk since they reduce / will reduce pricing every 6 months - and they only put out press releases then. No marketing, no support, no customer friendly policies, etc.

Sad, very sad.

Bet a 100/- right now that the Z30 will be available for sub 18k in another quarter in India.

And they would have lost money. BlackBerry can't afford to be selling phones at a loss.

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    06-25-14 02:57 PM
    For people saying the motoG has better specs. It has less ram, smaller screen, lower capacity battery, no expandable memory, and it's camera can't record 1080p

Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    06-25-14 03:01 PM
    It seems the taxes makes the difference for the pricing. Taking the example of Moto G, in Canada it's 8400rs (based on $150 conversion) but in India it costs 12500rs. That's a difference of 4000.

z3 at 15900 and the expected price from 11000 to 13000 means a difference from 3000-5000 which is not far from moto g's difference
    06-25-14 03:20 PM
    Hmm..?

1) where are those armchair analysts comparing prizes on traded exchange rates you are referring to? As far as I could see all prizes quoted where local.

2) Isn't the Moto G being sold at the prize mentioned in this thread? So even if the rates are wrong, as long as they are the same for both BlackBerry and Motorola, then your point is.. misguided at best.

3) JC has stated that BlackBerry are not to loose money on handset sales, but he has also stated that to get market share is a key goal. So building momentum can be viewed as more important than that extra premium on the first wave of handsets. (And yes, pricing it higher than the moto G and still increasing market share are not at odds as long as the market thinks the z3 brings more to the table.)

But valid point about demand in Indonesia resulting in stores being able to drive up prizes, and BlackBerry loosing out on potential additional profits.

Posted via CB10
    Posted this in the wrong thread. There are lots of duplicate threads on this topic unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 04:28 PM
    I heard many reviews on how nice is BB Z3

Sent via CrackBerry
    06-25-14 08:17 PM
    Hardcore BB fans will buy this. But at this price competition is cut throat and unless BB has only a small inventory z10 situation will repeat. The specs are inferior to the other phones in the price range and specs do matter TO AN EXTENT.
    Lets be honest the days of selling phones just based on the brand is over for most.only ones who still do that is apple and Samsung.
    Sent from my NOKIA 1520 using Tapatalk
    06-25-14 10:48 PM
    Posted this in the wrong thread. There are lots of duplicate threads on this topic unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah.. I realised that a couple of threads in.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 08:05 AM
    It's not sold out. BlackBerry has events planned across the country in July, August and September in India

06-26-14 11:07 AM
    Thing is no one in BlackBerry India is thinking sense.
    This was your chance to put phone and the new OS in people's hand. Blew it..

Moto G resolution and camera (front) is better. BlackBerry should have priced it between 11-12 K, to give market a shakeup. Anyways...

Posted via CB10
    Overall it has better specs and performance over the motoG

06-26-14 09:11 PM
    Overall it has better specs and performance over the motoG

how?moto g has a better display, a quad processor, almost vanilla android so minimal lag and cheaper..1gb ram is not that small...

There are other areas where z3 is better but the price diff will become crucial esp with the the android name...
    06-26-14 10:41 PM
    It will depend on priorities as the Z3 is better in some regards than MotoG and worse in others.

Want a bigger screen, better battery life, SD card expandability, Miracast and higher RAM? Get a Z3.

Are you a business that wants work/personal sides on BES? Get a Z3

Want higher resolution screen, a higher clocked CPU and to save a few $$? Get a MotoG

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    MSAhmed likes this.
    06-27-14 05:24 PM
    It will depend on priorities as the Z3 is better in some regards than MotoG and worse in others.

Want a bigger screen, better battery life, SD card expandability, Miracast and higher RAM? Get a Z3.

Are you a business that wants work/personal sides on BES? Get a Z3

Want higher resolution screen, a higher clocked CPU and to save a few $$? Get a MotoG

Did some one asked you to check you PM? Thanks

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    dusdal likes this.
    06-27-14 07:07 PM
    Haha they may have :S

I'm never on a computer. Will try to check when I get home.

sidhuk likes this.
    06-27-14 07:11 PM
    Anyone selling a Z30? Currently in Kolkata for work and prefer someone local or from Mumbai, where I am a resident. Black preferred of course

06-29-14 08:13 AM
29 12