Soo...

BlackBerry Z3 Confirmed coming to South Africa - WOOH!-blackberry-z3-coming-sa-arthur-goldstuck-tweet.jpg

All to be found on Cheaper BlackBerry Z3 coming to South Africa

I know that there are a few SA residents here on CrackBerry and I just thought that maybe y'all would like to know.
    02-25-14 11:23 AM
    More good news daily, thanks for sharing!
    02-25-14 11:35 AM
    Nice. Hopefully this phone will be a good move for BlackBerry. The other ones, while good, was a bit on the expensive side for a rebuilding company.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 01:29 PM
    I'm sure this phone will do well in SA. BlackBerry already does well there, so this should only improve things.

Posted via CB10
    Intense Soul and felixweber like this.
    02-25-14 07:32 PM
    If they could get it to reach the Caribbean too, I could sell a couple of them!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:34 PM
    The Q5 was originally released in specific markets but eventually became global, I expect the same will happen with the Z3, I'm glad to see it in SA, I'm a bit jealous.

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    02-25-14 08:01 PM
    The Q5 was originally released in specific markets but eventually became global, I expect the same will happen with the Z3, I'm glad to see it in SA, I'm a bit jealous.

Depends on what you mean by global. Most american carriers don't even stock the Z10 or Q10 much less the Q5 and Z30.
    Heck, Rogers Canada didn't want to carry the Z30 at all but after public outcry, carried it online by order only.
    02-25-14 08:23 PM
    Depends on what you mean by global. Most american carriers don't even stock the Z10 or Q10 much less the Q5 and Z30.
    Heck, Rogers Canada didn't want to carry the Z30 at all but after public outcry, carried it online by order only.
    Maybe a little wishful thinking on my part, but I believe the 5" screen, OS10.2.1, and most importantly the price could make this a winner anywhere in world.

02-25-14 08:26 PM
    Nice. Hopefully this phone will be a good move for BlackBerry. The other ones, while good, was a bit on the expensive side for a rebuilding company.

Posted via CB10
    Well the funny thing is that the Z10 can be purchased at retailers for R3,000 - I bought one from CNA in December for my brother. So the Z3 will have to be less...Though $200 is about R2,000 so hopefully it will be around there.

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip though...
    02-26-14 01:25 PM
    Maybe a little wishful thinking on my part, but I believe the 5" screen, OS10.2.1, and most importantly the price could make this a winner anywhere in world.

It will be going up against cheaper, powerful android devices with similar sized screens, running Android Kitkat. Dual SIM phones too.

Your 'winner anywhere in the world' comment is wildly optimistic.
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    02-26-14 05:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do could I. Hmm mm

' you git the looks I've git the brains, let's make lots of money" lol.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-27-14 12:19 AM
    I don't see why they couldn't push this out globally, a cheaper BlackBerry might sell better in the UK and increases brand awareness.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:37 AM
    Any news about North Africa?

Posted Via CB10 Running On Z10STL100-2 Using OS Version 10.2.1.2141
    02-27-14 03:20 AM
    Cool. Maybe the price will be right for me to upgrade my kids to BB10.
    02-27-14 06:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yup. A Z3 in Barbados would do extremely well. Many people are still in favour of BlackBerry but simply can't afford the new ones.

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    02-27-14 09:14 AM
    I don't see why they couldn't push this out globally, a cheaper BlackBerry might sell better in the UK and increases brand awareness.

Posted via CB10
    Well, they did say that they were going to bring an LTE model to the rest of the world.

Maybe they will sell it everywhere else for like $200 by that time as well.

Here's to hope!
    02-27-14 09:27 AM
    I'm sure the Z3 will come to Barbados, all of the BB10 phones are available here. However you have to hunt around to find the Z30, the local carriers don't stock it yet and I've only seen it at two electronic stores.
    02-27-14 09:34 AM
    In Brazil would be awsome

Posted via My Amazing Galaxy Note 3 white N9005 On CrackBerry App!
    02-27-14 09:35 AM
    Soo...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry-Z3-coming-to-SA-Arthur-Goldstuck-tweet.jpg 
Views:	1387 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	250837

All to be found on Cheaper BlackBerry Z3 coming to South Africa

I know that there are a few SA residents here on CrackBerry and I just thought that maybe y'all would like to know.
    Lucky for you, my antipodean friend!

Most Optus shops have removed BlackBerry here in North Queensland. But all three important ones, Z10, Z30, Q10 in Telstra stores.
    Hope to see the Z3 on prepaid here!

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    03-03-14 02:35 AM
    I don't see what the big fuss lol... we have almost every blackberry here in the South African market, and whenever a new one is released, we always get it (unlike in the US hahahaha) but I think this "cheaper" one is going to fit in the SA market just fine. I'm just waiting to see if they say cheaper model, are they planning it to be cheaper then the Q5? Hahaha would like to see that.

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    03-03-14 10:34 PM
    I don't see what the big fuss lol... we have almost every blackberry here in the South African market, and whenever a new one is released, we always get it (unlike in the US hahahaha) but I think this "cheaper" one is going to fit in the SA market just fine. I'm just waiting to see if they say cheaper model, are they planning it to be cheaper then the Q5? Hahaha would like to see that.

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    I agree. I think the Z3 will be quite nice. If it is about R2k, then it will probably sell quite well.

Though I really want the Z30...it is just pricey here. I don't have R8k ($800) to throw around...oh well - new contract starts in July so might grab on then.
    03-06-14 04:30 PM
    WOOT!

Happiness for our antipodean friends on the other side of the Indian Ocean.

Also, ship them across, Jakarta / Indonesia is not far from Darwin / NT, Australia.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    03-07-14 09:26 AM
    The Z3 is a great move imo.
    It's a full touchscreen device with great specs and and even better price.
    The price is awesome and it's the only way BB can start to gain some market again (WP proved low price is a winning strategy).
    By starting to sell it in key markets is good too because there will be some good numbers to brag about (if everything goes as as planned) and the media will have to talk about it.
    Can't wait to see how the Z3 sales will perform.
    03-10-14 07:42 AM
    The Z3 is a great move imo.
    It's a full touchscreen device with great specs and and even better price.
    The price is awesome and it's the only way BB can start to gain some market again (WP proved low price is a winning strategy).
    By starting to sell it in key markets is good too because there will be some good numbers to brag about (if everything goes as as planned) and the media will have to talk about it.
    Can't wait to see how the Z3 sales will perform.
    Great specs?? The ones I heard were far from great, please elaborate on which ones you are referring to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-10-14 07:51 AM

The difference here is that while the Q5 is a 4G device, the Z3 isn't (though a future revision could be).

And if you already have a Z30, why are you "jealous" that SA is getting the Z3?

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    03-10-14 08:08 AM
33 12