They say that the new blackberry device under the name Jakarta will be much more affordable. I hope it doesnt mean drop in quality of products!! Blackberry's product are the best, for example BlackBerry Q10 is great in build quality.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 07:04 PM
    It will be a 3G device with probably less horsepower, bells and whistles than what we're used to see (no HDMI out for one, non-removable battery, under 2ghz processor, less powerful GPU and overall smaller - maybe a drop in resolution to 480p?)

But right now, your guess is as good as any. I don't see a drop in quality though. It will be plastic, but it shouldn't feel cheap.
    12-31-13 07:10 PM
    But how can BlackBerry compete with samsung, iphone or even nokia with such specs? Even nokia will seem powerful than blackberry...

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 10:20 AM
    Not to mention that Samsung and Kyocera already make cheap QWERTY handsets.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 10:56 PM
    Need a BlackBerry burner.
    01-07-14 11:00 PM
    But how can BlackBerry compete with samsung, iphone or even nokia with such specs? Even nokia will seem powerful than blackberry...

Posted via CB10
    Here we go again with the specs race when user experience is what really matters...
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    01-09-14 07:53 AM
    Here we go again with the specs race when user experience is what really matters...
    But that's what is pushed in stores and sells unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 08:45 AM
    Think of it like this: someone who drives around in a lamborghini versus driving in a honda civic.

The driving experience may in fact be better with the civic, but **** son who cares, the dudes got a lambo.

Feel me? Specs matter

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry_Boss likes this.
    01-09-14 11:19 AM
    Once the phone is manufactured and selling then people can actually sit down and complain that it lacks a 24 core 12 GHz processor, and is missing the 128 Gb ram. Why worry about if your not buying.
    01-09-14 11:25 AM
    Not to mention that Samsung and Kyocera already make cheap QWERTY handsets.

Posted via CB10
    Wich totaly suck.... You do a physical keyboard right, or is a total liability.... I'm a huge physical keyboard fan, but I would rather type in a iphone than in a Nokia Asha, that keyboard sucks...
    01-09-14 11:36 AM
    Couldn't agree with you more... People would rather have speed on paper, that speed when actualy using the phone...

How many times you would see a less powerfull car being faster than a more powerfull car? because there's a lot more to speed than engine power.
    01-09-14 11:40 AM
    I'm expecting something similar to the Q5 (albeit without the keyboard). Will have to have a 1280x720 display as all BlackBerry 10 apps for full-touch devices are designed for that resolution. I'm expecting a non-removable battery, older processor clocked lower than current devices, and, as mentioned, lack of support for 4G LTE.

I'm interested in the memory. PlayBook with 1GB apparently couldn't run BB10 well enough to deploy, so I wonder if the same will apply here or the software we running on the Jakarta will be a scaled-down version of BlackBerry 10 made specifically for devices with less than 1GB RAM.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 07:20 PM
    Think of it like this: someone who drives around in a lamborghini versus driving in a honda civic.

The driving experience may in fact be better with the civic, but **** son who cares, the dudes got a lambo.

Feel me? Specs matter

Posted via CB10
    Excuse me, not gonna feel you lol.

I get your pont though. But here is a counterpoint: Apple never bothered with the spec race. They are all about user experiecen.

And they are top of the market.

Couldn't agree with you more... People would rather have speed on paper, that speed when actualy using the phone...

How many times you would see a less powerfull car being faster than a more powerfull car? because there's a lot more to speed than engine power.
    Not to mention that a lambo would get me killed here in Brasil! I rather have a less expensive car!

Again, this applies to the iPhone: Perceived value of the platform sometimes surpasses the actual value. And it is a fashion/accomplishment/"I belong" statement.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    01-09-14 08:04 PM
    Thread moved to the new Z3 (Jakarta) sub-forum!
    02-17-14 12:17 PM