NOKIA!
    with it's pricing that beats Z3!
    @ USD140??? for the largest screen of the pack?
    Nokia X series phones won't reach the US, Canada, Korea, or Japan - GSMArena.com news
    02-26-14 08:09 PM
    Nokia still makes phones?

Is there room in the market for another 150px by 150px phone?

Does anyone know what it wants to be when it grows up?

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

Posted via CB from my LE
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-26-14 08:13 PM
    Can't watch what OP?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:15 PM
    Nokia still makes phones?

Is there room in the market for another 150px by 150px phone?

Does anyone know what it wants to be when it grows up?

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Considering the Nokia Lumia line has embarrassed Blackberry 10 devices in sales worldwide - I say yes..
    02-26-14 09:35 PM
    Considering the Nokia Lumia line has embarrassed Blackberry 10 devices in sales worldwide - I say yes..
    I got a bunch of those for free from Microsoft in exchange to start building apps for them.

Microsoft bought their own stock to boost sales. Hardly defines a necessity in the markeg place. Artificial sales are still artificial sales

Look at the surface. It has massive sales too. But the real sales are actually extremely small (I have visibility from my apps on their store front)

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-26-14 10:08 PM
    "sure these are global except for these major countries....." lol needs some rephrasing.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 12:04 AM
    They are only 4 inch screen with less resolution, less Ram only the xl is 5 inch. Don't see Nokia x as a problrm.
    02-27-14 01:26 AM
    Of course it's cheaper.

Nokia XL
    Display size: 480 x 800 pixels, 5.0 inches (~187 ppi pixel density)
    MEMORY Card slot: microSD, up to 32 GB
    Internal: 4 GB, 768 MB RAM
    CPU: Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A5
    02-27-14 05:08 AM
    Can't watch what OP?
    Of course it's cheaper.

Nokia XL
    Display size: 480 x 800 pixels, 5.0 inches (~187 ppi pixel density)
    MEMORY Card slot: microSD, up to 32 GB
    Internal: 4 GB, 768 MB RAM
    CPU: Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A5
    This... IS THE THREAT! That i can't watch.

1st thing first... specs aside.
    Majority of the low income class folks in Indonesia have much better impression that NOKIA DO MAKE BUDGET FRIENDLY handsets. BLACKBERRY had been regarded as producer of mid, or high end products that commands premium pricing. So... BB this time round wants to reach the lower end users with competitive pricing, it's not that they can't, but a BB badged handset with "budget friendly" price tagging? There will be certain percentage of folks will be skeptical whether the BB Z3 is going to be a "Chinese Clone", since it's made by FOXCONN, with "Made In China" identity printed on the sets.

Next, even if BB is going to lower down their price in Indonesia with USD150(hopefully), there will be people flocking to the Nokia camp. As already mentioned, Nokia had built a strong pillar in the low end community, hence, quality will still be strong, even though a tad bit cheaper than BB. Be it cheap on price, or cheap on hardware specs.

Just how many users in the lower-income group are tech geeks as us?
    02-27-14 08:49 AM
    don't make any judgements that the lower income ppl aren't techies....
    Its the other way round...

And remember... in almost every country there's a bigger middle class than the elites...

Go away troll ---

Posted via CB10
    alternator77 likes this.
    02-27-14 08:45 PM
    You'll never know until it rolls out.
    Stop trolls, troll
    02-27-14 08:56 PM
    I dont't know about North Am�rica but, here in Europe, not long ago, there as a time when there were humans, there was God... and Nokia on top.
    "Everybodypersons" had at least one Nokia phone in their lives.
    The Lumia range is growing and i suspect that Nokia will eat a big slice of the lower/mid market this year with the X/XL.
    Heck! I think i'll have one myself!
    02-27-14 09:21 PM
    Considering the Lumia 520 for my wife's birthday. It looks like a solid build with a lovely screen and snappy OS (as far as I could tell from the demo model) and... dead cheap at only ?120. Cheapest Z10 I can find here is around ?250.

I'd say the Nokia Lumias still pose a threat to any attempt by BlackBerry to gain ground in the lower end markets.

Posted on the awesome Blackberry Q5
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-28-14 06:36 AM
    Considering the Lumia 520 for my wife's birthday. It looks like a solid build with a lovely screen and snappy OS (as far as I could tell from the demo model) and... dead cheap at only ?120. Cheapest Z10 I can find here is around ?250.

I'd say the Nokia Lumias still pose a threat to any attempt by BlackBerry to gain ground in the lower end markets.

Posted on the awesome Blackberry Q5
    You're comparing a phone specifically made to be low end with a phone that used to be flagship. Don't think it'd work but to each their own.

Remember the one little thing called BlackBerry Curve 8520?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-05-14 08:47 PM
    well, why should we be afraid of the Nokia X? look at the specs. look at the build quality then compare that with the Z3. yeah before jumping to BBRY 6 years ago i was a Nokia enthusiast and i will always admire every Nokia's build quality. BUT deep inside, i put all my hopes to this tiny beast, the Z3.

can't wait to see this phone when i return to Jakarta next month.
    03-05-14 09:36 PM