Hey guys recently purchased an unlocked Z3 from amazon and so far loving this phone. To me it's a cross between a z10 and z30.

Pros
    The bigger screen and wayyy better battery life trumps the z10 in my opinion and and I'm loving the square sharp corners when compared to the z30. The other neat feature that I do really like are the power/volume up/volume down button being on the left side of the phone. This makes it easier for me holding the phone with my left hand and using my thumbs to control it.

Cons
    LED is severely under powered compared to the other BB10 devices. Its barely noticeable when it lights up. I suppose my solution to this would be to use a power tools type of app. Will see if this is a good work around.

Screen dims and it becomes too dark. Can I turn this feature off? Can't seem to find it in the settings.
    Edit: read in the z3 problems thread and this seems to be a feature I cannot control with a settings change.

And lastly BBM channels;
    I did not use link to switched device but this is the first time where I am not seeing all of my subscribed BBM channels available to me. There were certain channels that are region locked even though it is available on my other devices. What can I do to get around this restriction on the z3?

Really wished this phone was offered to north america, nonetheless I was still able to get a hold of one and no regrets!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by k__dam; 01-02-15 at 08:59 AM.
    allengeorge likes this.
    01-02-15 08:46 AM
    I am not sure if your problem with bbm groups is device specific. I had same problemon my z10 and z3. Not all groups were added when I logged into bbm for the first time on new device...

Sent from Z device
    01-04-15 09:22 AM
    I am not sure if your problem with bbm groups is device specific. I had same problemon my z10 and z3. Not all groups were added when I logged into bbm for the first time on new device...

Sent from Z device
    Actually all of my BBM groups loaded fine. It's the channels where it did not allow me to load all of my subscriptions.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 03:53 PM