BlackBerry z3 doesn't have automatic brightness it is the main drawback .
    I see the most lumia phones and android mobiles with automatic brightness.

Posted via CB10
    Achyut Arjun likes this.
    10-04-14 10:21 AM
    Are you sure it doesnt have this? There is no setting but pretty sure all bb10 phones due this automatiically
    10-04-14 11:24 AM
    No it doesn't have automatic brightness but you can just use the slider from the drop down menu.

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    10-04-14 11:25 AM
    Are you sure it doesnt have this? There is no setting but pretty sure all bb10 phones due this automatiically
    I still think my z10 might be defected in a good way because it doesn't auto change brightness on any os.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:42 AM
    Auto brightness is a built in feature of all BB10 devices including BlackBerry Z3. However you can change the overall brightness from the settings, but the auto brightness is always on by default. So. Z3 do have that feature.
    If it doesn't work on yours, try checking again in different light settings. Or perhaps try using BBVE( from BlackBerry Appstore). Maybe a hard reset? If these fails, service centre would be the way to go. Do report back your findings up here.

Posted via CB10
    madh263362 likes this.
    10-04-14 02:21 PM
    Auto brightness is a built in feature of all BB10 devices including BlackBerry Z3. However you can change the overall brightness from the settings, but the auto brightness is always on by default. So. Z3 do have that feature.
    If it doesn't work on yours, try checking again in different light settings. Or perhaps try using BBVE( from BlackBerry Appstore). Maybe a hard reset? If these fails, service centre would be the way to go. Do report back your findings up here.

Posted via CB10
    I have no need to go to service center because I'm happy it's not working. It means no auto brightness and I don't like auto brightness

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:38 PM
    Z3 don't have any auto brightness. Though there is this blip of screen dimming to almost 50% brightness for a almost half a second whenever any command is given on user interface/icons. Am happy there is no auto brightness control. This feature almost always seem to work the other way around and defect the purpose.
    10-04-14 03:03 PM
    Yeah you can't turn auto brightness off....that seems to be the general complaint

Posted via BlackBerry Z3
    10-04-14 11:30 PM
    Z3 don't have any auto brightness. Though there is this blip of screen dimming to almost 50% brightness for a almost half a second whenever any command is given on user interface/icons. Am happy there is no auto brightness control. This feature almost always seem to work the other way around and defect the purpose.
    Z3 has auto brightness feature. Well, at least it works seamlessly on my Z3. And I find it quiet a neat feature. Helps a lot in the outdoor viewing.

Posted via CB10
    Achyut Arjun likes this.
    10-04-14 11:42 PM
    Every BlackBerry 10 phone has automatically controlled brightness. This option cannot be turned off.

Install BBVE from BlackBerry world and test your light sensor to make sur it is working well.

There is no option for on/off, automatic brightness is always on. It works extremely well usually.

If you have ever used an android phone with auto brightness (s4 for example) , you'd realize just how good the BlackBerry 10 automatic control is.

It's so good you barely even notice it, but try covering the light sensor in a very bright room and then uncover it, you will notice the brightness quickly adapt.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:45 PM
    Z3 has auto brightness feature. Well, at least it works seamlessly on my Z3. And I find it quiet a neat feature. Helps a lot in the outdoor viewing.
    neel I ran the light sensor tests and couldn't visibly see the sensors working nor could I perceive any brightness changes. Sensor is very much present but just not seem to be working from what I saw. Can it be they are so efficient that my eyes couldn't see them in test action too. I tried keeping the brightness at around 20% to see if it makes any difference but no. Reverted back to my normal 90%. Z3 lcd screen is no great shakes to begin with or else it wont have required 90% as regular use. Even out in sun brightness is sub par.
    10-06-14 10:07 AM