It is not a downgrade as the z10 has the most beautiful screen and the display cab the three the z30 out of the park, and it's 4 grams lighter too, but I am not sure whether you will be able to adjust the small screen after using a 30

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:44 PM
    Of course it's a downgrade, it's 20 less Z's

Posted via CB10
    This made me lol!
    12-09-13 11:22 PM
    haha. Nice one

That was a reply to Jupiter8 by the way
    12-09-13 11:35 PM
    Only thing that would be a downgrade would be the screen size and the battery life. (it cuts by at least half) but other than that, everything else is the same.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    12-09-13 11:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I did this calculation, and I end up with the same result.

+1

I can't fault this man's arithmetic.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 11:46 PM
    I'll trade you my Z10 for your "unusable" Z30

Posted via CB10
    todbanner likes this.
    12-09-13 11:57 PM
    Not necessarily. A BlackBerry is a BlackBerry. Consider moving to the Zed 10 as a temporary solution if your budget is taken into consideration, the nature of your use, and so forth. BlackBerry devices are a single 'family'. A hand cannot say to the arm, "I've no need for you", as a foot cannot say to the leg tantamount, "I've really no use for you". Blackberry are best represented within the hands of its users that experience real and meaningful fulfillment with their devices.

BlackBerry people are perfectionists. I've replaced so many BlackBerrys as soon as I get a scratch on it, even the smallest, as it is, as "Tim the Toolman Taylor" used to say, "...An extension of your body". BlackBerrys are that way. They never leave you as it ignites the soul of moving forward or to 'Keep Moving'. BlackBerrys are just that way, which is a "thinking man's approach at moving forward", and overall productivity in that regard. Everything depends upon what you do. Consider it a backup quarterback, transfer a previous back-up, use cloud-integration, and stay proactive. Foremost, enjoy all that BlackBerry represents and offers to you personally/professionally. The rule is, there is no comparison to other phones as I've said in a previous post that a BlackBerry, in the hands of its users, is a lifestyle. ... Now go do the right thing...
    JREwing likes this.
    12-10-13 03:35 AM
    I'm running a Z10 as my Daily Driver and never for one moment I've been tempted to move over to a Z30. Well, ofcourse if you'd give me one, free of charge I would immediatly accept it .

I didn't miss anything on my Z10, I would want the battery to last a tiny bit longer, but at least we can swap batteries if we really feel the urge to last longer. This isn't an option for the Z30.
    I never felt like my Z10 is slow, even within the Android Apps it opperates just fine, I'm not the kinda guy that play's high spec games like Real Racing and such and sound mostly comes trough headphones or trough my Home Theater over Bluetooth.

The only reason for me to switch is because it looks better, but hey, isn't it more important how it works underneath your thumbs instead of how you'll look like holding it ? On the Z10 my thumb reaches the whole screen barely, I can imagine my thumb comes short when operating a Z30.
    12-10-13 05:10 AM
    I currently own a Z10, and I do agree that going from a Z30 to a Z10 would be a downgrade, but not a big one at it.

I've tried the Z30 for about a week, and I could honestly say that I do prefer the Z10, because I personally don't want a phone the size of the Z30. I prefer ones much more lightweight.

OS wise, same thing. Spec wise, the Z30 is faster, but the display of the Z10 is noticably sharper, and the spec difference is not really that much of a big deal for me.

Note that everything I've said is completely opinionated, so some may disagree.
    12-10-13 07:06 AM
    Yes, it's essentially a Z10 with a larger screen. And notably faster CPU. And notably faster GPU. And better battery. And better external speakers. And better wireless reception. But if those things don't matter to you then by all means stick with the Z10. It's a great device in its own right.

Posted via CB10
    Sigh...

200 mhz is such a small difference in operating frequency that it doesn't matter.

The new GPU is only beneficial if you play a lot of games. Plus, look at the latest gpu for pc. Sure, some of the higher end cards have 2 gpus, but single cores. I don't foresee multiple core gpu being extremely beneficial.

I've heard grumblings about the z30 having better reception than the z10, just haven't seen any concrete evidence. Show me the phones in the exact same atmospheric conditions, and the signal strength at the exact same time, on the same carrier, and I will be convinced.

I understand you are trying to either justify your purchase of the z10, or BlackBerry's decision to release it, but in a game where numbers rule, the z30 is far too little to go against what it's targeted for. If the z50 rumors are true, then maybe BlackBerry can move some units. Until then, they're dead in the water, and the lackluster z30 isn't going to change that. If they would have even gone 1080p, that could have helped them.

This being said, I love my z10. The z30 is just very meh. And before someone else says something about jealousy, please note that I could go buy one right now if I wanted. The absolute only reason I would consider a z30 is because of the extra icon row.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:08 PM
    I'm in the same boat.. z30 is to big imo. Z10 is the perfect size for me.. the z30 didn't wow me at all..

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL!

Keith H. via CB10 on Z10
    12-10-13 10:33 PM
    A Ferrari is a Ferrari no matter the model.

Posted via CB10
    Ferraris are ugly

Posted via CB10 with a BlackBerry Z10.
    Dirtymike14 likes this.
    12-10-13 10:35 PM
    Ferraris are ugly

Posted via CB10 with a BlackBerry Z10.
    How are they ugly? there are ugly ferraris, but ferrari's from the 60's and 70's and even later were some of the most beautifull cars ever made... Tell me that the following list is ugly:
    -Ferrari 250 GT Lusso,
    -250GTO,
    -F40,
    -F50
    -365 GTB daytona
    -512 BB
    -250 California Spyder
    -355 GTS
    -330 GTS
    -288GTO

How can they be ugly?
    12-11-13 11:10 AM
    The Z10 is a great phone regardless. I love mine.

Posted Via Z10 or Q5, depending on my mood
    12-11-13 11:34 AM
    How are they ugly? there are ugly ferraris, but ferrari's from the 60's and 70's and even later were some of the most beautifull cars ever made... Tell me that the following list is ugly:
    -Ferrari 250 GT Lusso,
    -250GTO,
    -F40,
    -F50
    -365 GTB daytona
    -512 BB
    -250 California Spyder
    -355 GTS
    -330 GTS
    -288GTO

How can they be ugly?
    They're ugly cause they're not trucks