Hey CB Folks,

Since I upgraded all 3 Z10s (mine, wife and mother in-law's) to the official Telus 10.2 upgrade...we've all noticed that attachments like word docs and PDFS are no longer showing.

It basically shows winmail.dat as the attachment on our Z10 emails yet when I go to my computer, it clearly shows a word document and/or PDF document.

Anyone know how we can re-enable them again?

via CB10 (Z10 on Telusmobility)
    11-01-13 03:32 PM
    Attachments work ok here over wifi and cell.
    Can it be your sending computer or maybe a restriction from telus?
    11-02-13 08:17 AM
    Attachments work ok here over wifi and cell.
    Can it be your sending computer or maybe a restriction from telus?
    After Googling last night...I think it might be the sender's computer. This is the first time I've ever received attachments from this person (new real estate lawyer)

I've received word docs /pdfs from others with no issues albeit running 10.1...but it was just coincidence that my new lawyer sent me attachments after I updated to 10.2

Guess I should send him these instructions:

Data in a winmail.dat file is not usable. To resolve this issue, ask the sender to re-send the message in plain text format. The following methods can be used by sender to prevent sending Rich Text messages encapsulated in the Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format (TNEF).

Method 1: Change the default message format
    The sender can change the format of the email messages that they send by using the following steps:
    On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Mail Format.
    In Compose in this message format, click to select Plain Text, and then click OK.

NOTE: To send to certain recipients that use RTF format and others recipients that use plain text format, the sender must set the option for the recipient in either the Personal Address Book or the recipient's contact record.

Method 2: Modify the recipient's entry in the Personal Address Book
    The sender can use the following steps to remove the RTF format from the recipient attribute in the Personal Address Book:
    On the Tools menu, click Address Book.
    In Show Names From, click the Personal Address Book.
    Select the addressee that you want to set as plain text, and then click Properties on the File menu.
    In the SMTP-General tab, click to clear the Always send to this recipient in Microsoft Exchange rich text format check box, and then click OK.

Method 3: Change the specific contact format
    The sender can use the following steps to set plain text in the recipient's contact record:
    Open the recipient's record in the Contacts folder.
    Double-click the recipient's e-mail address.
    In the E-Mail Properties dialog box, click Send Plain Text only under Internet Format.

Method 4: Set the Outlook Rich Text Format Internet e-mail setting
    In Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007, click on the Tools menu.
    Click the Mail Format tab.
    Click Internet Format.
    Under Outlook Rich Text options, click either Convert to HTML format or Convert to Plain Text format.

via CB10 (Z10 on Telusmobility)
    Last edited by qphone; 11-02-13 at 09:57 AM.
    11-02-13 09:33 AM
    That's reason #135 I ditched android as main phone
    11-02-13 11:19 AM