Here's an opinion, for what it's worth...
    Z30 is a great phone, I like mine a lot. It sounds so good I don't even bother with a bluetooth speaker most of the time.

BUT

The Z10 has been winning me back. I have small children, which means I rarely if ever have more than one hand free, and typing on the Z10 with one hand is very comfortable. The ergonomics of the device are very good. Plus, it has more LTE bands, 5 (I think) vs. the Z30's (STA100-5) 3. That means on my carrier the Z10 has access to 2 LTE bands vs. the Z30's 1. I'm no expert, but I have noticed the Z10 updates SMS more reliably, finds an LTE signal quicker and more reliably, and Maps works slightly better. The small battery is a downside, but even there I just swap a fresh one into the Z10 when I need to and keep going, whereas if my Z30 runs low I'm tied to a cable while it charges. Last but not least, when I'm out taking the kids for a walk (I work from home now like many people), I can read the Z10's screen in bright sunlight easily, but I have to strain to read the Z30's screen.

I think the Z30 is going to become a wifi media and gaming device for me. Anyone else still prefer the old Z10 over the bigger/better/newer?
    11-06-20 07:06 AM
    Most thought the Z30 had better reception (paratek antenna).... but result as always can vary. Bands depend on which models you bought and what market your in.

Six years ago there were fans of both and lot's of banter about which was "best". In the end what you likeis all that matters. Going to assume your not in the USA and thus ending of 3G isn't an issue just yet.

Is strange that anyone with small children would put up with the inferior cameras on both phones when compared with what's out there today. I've known people that having a baby meant getting a new phone. Low lighting technology has come a LONG way in the last seven years. And nobody wants to carry around a DLSR Camera all the time.
    11-06-20 07:32 AM
    I am in the US. I've read T-Mobile's statement regarding VoLTE, 4G/3G and new phone activations. BB10 phones all utilize 4GLTE bands just fine, and nothing I have read unambiguously points to these phones not working after Christmas, but I'm prepared for that possibility. I take nothing for granted on these phones, and prepare for bits and pieces of functionality to cease working. VoIP is a possibility. If it came down to it, I would probably just get a Passport to use over WiFi and dust off one of my Android devices.

Picture quality is relative, I suppose. I have pictures from 2012 that still look great to me. Or from farther back. 8MP does well enough for me most of the time. If I need better than that, the occasion is probably worth getting out the DSLR anyway, which most modern phones still lag far behind.

I use a lot of "dead" tech. I regularly listen to Edison diamond discs on original (spring-powered) equipment. I have 8-tracks I still listen to and enjoy. Not sure why. It has a certain charm. It's cheap. I can repair and maintain a lot of it myself. Much of the old hardware was American made and built to last. I doubt any modern hardware will still function 105 years from now like my Diamond Disc player does...

The BlackBerries have only been around for 7 or 8 years, I figure they have some life left in them.
    Faustavian likes this.
    11-06-20 08:24 AM
    I am in the US. I've read T-Mobile's statement regarding VoLTE, 4G/3G and new phone activations. BB10 phones all utilize 4GLTE bands just fine, and nothing I have read unambiguously points to these phone not working after Christmas, but I'm prepared for that possibility. I take nothing for granted on these phones, and prepare for bits and pieces of functionality to cease working. VoIP is a possibility. If it came down to it, I would probably just get a Passport to use over WiFi and dust of one of my Android devices.

Picture quality is relative, I suppose. I have pictures from 2012 that still look great to me. Or from farther back. 8MP does well enough for me most of the time. If I need better than that, the occasion is probably worth getting out the DSLR anyway, which most modern phones still lag far behind.

I use a lot of "dead" tech. I regularly listen to Edison diamond discs on original (spring-powered) equipment. I have 8-tracks I still listen to and enjoy. Not sure why. It has a certain charm. It's cheap. I can repair and maintain a lot of it myself. Much of the old hardware was American made and built to last. I doubt any modern hardware will still function 105 years from now like my Diamond Disc player does...

The BlackBerries have only been around for 7 or 8 years, I figure they have some life left in them.
    With T-Mobile, if your using the phones meant for their network. They should be the same on coverage, as both had the same bands 2,4,5 and 12 - and both are missing the newer LTE bands 66 and 71. You can use the T-Mobile compatibility check on both IMEIs.

Sure you could use a 3rd party VoIP tied to one of your Android devices hotspots. But there are lists out that clearly show none of the early gen LTE devices are being supported - iPhones, Samsung's, LG, Moto.

Yes old analog audio technology is in some cases better or just down right cool. If you feel that kind of attachment to those phones.... that's great.
    11-06-20 08:57 AM
    With T-Mobile, if your using the phones meant for their network. They should be the same on coverage, as both had the same bands 2,4,5 and 12 - and both are missing the newer LTE bands 66 and 71. You can use the T-Mobile compatibility check on both IMEIs.

Sure you could use a 3rd party VoIP tied to one of your Android devices hotspots. But there are lists out that clearly show none of the early gen LTE devices are being supported - iPhones, Samsung's, LG, Moto.

Yes old analog audio technology is in some cases better or just down right cool. If you feel that kind of attachment to those phones.... that's great.
    STL100-3: LTE 2,4,5,12
    STA100-5: LTE 4,5,7

I'm on Mint, uses T-Mobile. I've used many phones on Mint that don't pass a compatibility check. Such checks just mean if you pass it will work and get support. Doesn't always mean a failed phone won't work. I understand other carriers like Verizon are much more strict. As cheap as they are now, it's easy enough to just try and see if they work. We will know soon enough for sure if BB10 phones can continue to use 4GLTE or not. No one can say for sure yet, just as no one can say for sure exactly what EOL in 2022 will mean yet.
    11-06-20 09:12 AM
    I would have to agree.

Z30 does have Higher capabilities like USB, CPU, WiFi, Am/Fm.
    With a dongle or switchable usb between the two of them Z30 takes priority so I like to think they make a good pair with micro hdmi.

Its the ergonomics of the Z10 that made it a better mobile phone for me.

Posted via CB10
    MadMalthus, Flatman and Faustavian like this.
    11-06-20 09:12 AM
    I just get way less "BlackBerry thumb" on the Z10.
    11-06-20 04:26 PM
    So could I fire up my Z10 on T-mobile?
    11-12-20 11:11 AM
    So could I fire up my Z10 on T-mobile?
    Haven't heard of them not doing activations yet.... give it a try.
    11-12-20 11:41 AM
    Mine works on Mint just fine, uses T-Mobile network. Make sure you get the WiFi calling app though and deactivate WiFi calling.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-20 05:56 PM
    Both off them are great.
    Battery life on z10 still not good (swap ls1 battery if you're an heavy user)
    Z30 great battery and sound bit it's phablet 5" device.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-21 10:29 AM
    Here's an opinion, for what it's worth...
    Z30 is a great phone, I like mine a lot. It sounds so good I don't even bother with a bluetooth speaker most of the time.

BUT

The Z10 has been winning me back. I have small children, which means I rarely if ever have more than one hand free, and typing on the Z10 with one hand is very comfortable. The ergonomics of the device are very good. Plus, it has more LTE bands, 5 (I think) vs. the Z30's (STA100-5) 3. That means on my carrier the Z10 has access to 2 LTE bands vs. the Z30's 1. I'm no expert, but I have noticed the Z10 updates SMS more reliably, finds an LTE signal quicker and more reliably, and Maps works slightly better. The small battery is a downside, but even there I just swap a fresh one into the Z10 when I need to and keep going, whereas if my Z30 runs low I'm tied to a cable while it charges. Last but not least, when I'm out taking the kids for a walk (I work from home now like many people), I can read the Z10's screen in bright sunlight easily, but I have to strain to read the Z30's screen.

I think the Z30 is going to become a wifi media and gaming device for me. Anyone else still prefer the old Z10 over the bigger/better/newer?
    I've always preferred the Z10. I love the size and the screen, and the shorter battery life of a small device with a bright screen was never an issue for me, thanks to the replaceable batteries.

Nowadays, I am using my Z10 as my primary work device, on WiFi, tethered to a new iPhone SE that I use for the occasional modern app. Without the cell antenna, I seem to get 2-3x the battery life I did previously.

I am completely content on my Z10 as 95%+ of my mobile work uses MS Exchange, and the Hub, Contacts, Calendar and Remember on BB10 are smoother and offer more Exchange features for my use case than anything available on Android or iOS. That's not hyperbole. It's a fact. I have a KEYone and the iPhone and I've tried and tried to replace my Z10, but just cut make it work.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-21 06:09 PM
    I tried the KeyOne, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get the same functionality out of my exchange account using the BB Android software that I can get from my BB10 devices. I wonder why that might be?

I also didn't notice much of a bump in picture quality with the KeyOne camera vs. BB10 8MP cameras.

It looks like September is going to be the end of 3G/fake 4G service on Mint. I might try the sip.fm app to stay on BB10 for a while, I'm stubborn.

Anyway, yeah, my Z30 is unusable in broad daylight, while my Z10 is fine...

Posted via CB10
    bb10adopter111 likes this.
    03-03-21 11:58 AM
    I tried the KeyOne, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get the same functionality out of my exchange account using the BB Android software that I can get from my BB10 devices. I wonder why that might be?

I also didn't notice much of a bump in picture quality with the KeyOne camera vs. BB10 8MP cameras.

It looks like September is going to be the end of 3G/fake 4G service on Mint. I might try the sip.fm app to stay on BB10 for a while, I'm stubborn.

Anyway, yeah, my Z30 is unusable in broad daylight, while my Z10 is fine...

Posted via CB10
    Your experience mirrors mine exactly.

1) EAS on the Z10 is the best mobile work environment I've ever enjoyed, period, and I've used everything.

2) The Z10 screen is premium, if small, and trounces the Z30 in direct sunlight.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and bbfanfan like this.
    03-03-21 01:56 PM
    Your experience mirrors mine exactly.

1) EAS on the Z10 is the best mobile work environment I've ever enjoyed, period, and I've used everything.

2) The Z10 screen is premium, if small, and trounces the Z30 in direct sunlight.

Posted via CB10
    Since you’re Team BB10 and BBAndroid collectively and realistic/objective, what do you see happening after 01/04/2022 with the official BB10 shutdown on the BlackBerry side?
    03-03-21 04:40 PM
    Since you’re Team BB10 and BBAndroid collectively and realistic/objective, what do you see happening after 01/04/2022 with the official BB10 shutdown on the BlackBerry side?
    For me, that's the least of my concerns, as I don't use cellular service or BlackBerry World Apps. I would just turn off BlackBerry Protect, wipe my device and carry on with the stock apps.

The deal breaker for me will come much sooner, in 2H 2021 when Microsoft stops supporting EAS. For me, BB10 is simply the world's best ever MS Exchange mobile client. It has no other real value at this point for me, but it has immense value for that single purpose. Once that's no longer functioning, my phone will only have marginal value as a casual email client, useful for protecting my privacy as it doesn't share data, but otherwise pretty much a hobbyist item for tooling around with stuff.

Posted via CB10
    bbfanfan and anon(5597702) like this.
    03-03-21 11:21 PM