Better yet, find a gently used or BNIB Z30 to purchase from a private seller and save $50-$100. Pop in your SIM card and go. Or if you want a warranty, buy it from shop BlackBerry for the $500 price. This will save you the $ 25 / month subsidized phone fee.

Subsidized phones WILL trigger a rate increase, lasting approximately two years.

I just returned a Z10 for this reason. The phone was a buck, bit my basic rate increased by $25/month for the contract term, making my "free" Z10 actually cost $650. (26 months) Manager and I had a big discussion about this.

I walked out of that store and upgraded my phones thru private sales over the next three weeks. I've purchased a Q10, a Z30, an iPhone 5s, a Samsung S4, a 9900, and three Z10's for less than $2k - a savings of ~$3k over the next two years on my seven mobile phone lines. Plus, I'm not under contract and can move my business anywhere at anytime.

Read the fine print and know what you are really signing up for.

HTH

Posted via CB10
    In the fine print of the S5 on AT&T's website it says: "Upgrade/Activation fee $36/line." Is that what you are referring to? Meaning that by upgrading to this phone, there is an extra $36/month on my bill?
    04-14-14 12:16 PM
    In the fine print of the S5 on AT&T's website it says: "Upgrade/Activation fee $36/line." Is that what you are referring to? Meaning that by upgrading to this phone, there is an extra $36/month on my bill?
    No, that's an additional one time fee that they collect up front. AT&T's basic line charge (on my account) is $15/phone/month. If I upgrade, it jumps up to $40/phone/month. On the AT&T website, it appears to show a difference of $15/month between the Next plan and the 2 year plan. ($25 vs $40) Mine may be cheaper because I'm on a 20g shared plan.
    04-14-14 02:41 PM
    For the right price the Z10 is a great phone even though it is a year old. Buy the second battery and travel charger set so you won't have to worry about the Z10's battery. Personally, I think the camera is a bigger issue than the battery in the Z10.

Definitely check out the phone before you buy it. I like mine but it may not be right for you depending on what's important to you in a phone. Also, installing android apps is hit or miss, even with 10.2.1 so if there's a certain app you must have I'd make sure it works on the Z10.

Otherwise, it's the best year old phone and a steal if you can get one new & unlocked for less than $200.

Blackberry Z10: STL100-3, OS 10.2.1.537
    04-14-14 03:08 PM
    No, that's an additional one time fee that they collect up front. AT&T's basic line charge (on my account) is $15/phone/month. If I upgrade, it jumps up to $40/phone/month. On the AT&T website, it appears to show a difference of $15/month between the Next plan and the 2 year plan. ($25 vs $40) Mine may be cheaper because I'm on a 20g shared plan.
    So basically if I use the upgrade, my plan changes and I will pay more from now on.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-14-14 04:01 PM
    So basically if I use the upgrade, my plan changes and I will pay more from now on.

Yes.
    04-14-14 04:35 PM

Si. Da. Hai. Quite likely.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 04:37 PM

Probably. Those carriers are not stupid lol

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 06:55 PM
    Here's a suggestion to consider. I don't do contracts because a new phone will tickle my fancy so I use a prepaid (Simple Mobile - $40 includes 1 gig of LTE). If you're not sure, you can pick one up on eBay or Swappa inexpensively. Then just get a 30 day prepaid with a new number. You'll have a full month to try it out and if it doesn't fill you up you put it up for sale on eBay and recoup your initial investment. Like this you don't have to mess with your contract or your upgrade. Just a suggestion.
    niss63 likes this.
    04-14-14 07:16 PM
108 ... 345