how is the performance of android apps on Z10.
    i used a gs3 and moved to ip4s cuz of lag, and now ip4s wid ios7 runs very slow!
    so i thought of shifting to wp8 or bb10.2?
    if it is bb10 then i have an option of choosing z10
    but how does apps run?
    and wat are the pros and cons of z10 in real life experience?
    or should i go for wp8 device?
    i never used bb10 or wp8!
    04-01-14 10:23 PM
    Then I suggest you try them both before you decide what to do. Obviously, at CB you'll get lots of "get a Z10."
    04-01-14 11:02 PM
    grab wp8 device.

if you want blackberry, i strongly suggest Z30 rather than Z10.
    04-01-14 11:13 PM
    The z10 is an old phone by today's smartphoen standards. There are better phones out there.
    It's also very inexpensive which plays a big role in many peoples buying decisions.
    04-01-14 11:22 PM
    I'd say try it. No lag for me on my z10 with bb10 apps, but some lag with android apps.
    Are you after a small device?
    Any specs that you are looking for?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 11:30 PM
    It depends on what you want to do. If you compare a Z10 vs wp8, on price alone, you would be getting a nokia lumia 720, based on prices I just looked up

Specs: 720 dual core 1G snapdragon, 800x480 screen 8G storage, 512M ram, 6.7MP camera, 2000mAh battery 3G $279
    Specs: Z10 dual core 1.5G snapdragon, 1280x768 screen, 16G storage, 2G ram, 8MP camera, 1800mAh battery 4G $299

I'm ignoring a few things (eg NFC, HDMI out), but you get the idea. For the price, the Z10 is a lot more phone. WP8 doesn't really multitask, at least not as you would expect. When you "switch" tasks, it closes the app, saves the state and starts the new task (and loads the state if it has been switched previously). There are some apps which can do background processing, like the music app, but they aren't the norm. Windows won't load android apps, the Z10 (with 10.2.1) loads the majority of android apps. You get blackberry world (native apps) plus android. Android apps are slower, so if there is a native version, use it

Windows seems nice and quick, because it is really only running one thing at once. The Z10, well at least mine, never has lag, and feels just as quick. The Z10 is more open than windows - by this I mean things like built in windows share of your files (eg. to transfer pictures/videos), DLNA etc. I would say it is more secure (against hacking) but that probably doesn't mean much to most people. Email/messages are much better in the hub.

Where WP8 currently shines, is in the GUI - its similar to your win8 home PC, and in the more expensive phones, especially the nokia ones, they have great cameras - eg. 1020. So it depends on what you want. If you only have a limited budget, then the Z10 will beat a similarly priced WP8 phone. If money doesn't really matter, then something like a nokia 1020 ($699 - same processor and ram, 32G storage 4G) will give about the same performance, possibly a bit better due to no multitasking of user apps, with a much better camera. $299 vs $699 though

Bottom line, the Z10 is great value, good (if not extreme) performance, and a great productivity machine.

Hope this helps
    04-02-14 01:27 AM
    I fully agree..Previously I was using lumia 720....fed up with slow working and frequently program gets closed. Even Whatsapp doesn't work properly than I switched to z10 brilliant phone.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    04-02-14 04:40 AM
    I have a Lumia 928 (personal phone) and a Z10 for work. Each has their own strengths and shortcomings, which, depending on your needs, may be deal breakers.

I love Nokia's apps on the Lumia (especially their HERE navigation with offline maps) and the camera is outstanding. While WP8 has a lot of native apps, the app experience can be inferior to what you'll get on iOS or Android. The UI is love or hate, depending on your taste, but the phone is lag free and performs well. If you use Microsoft services like Office 365 and One Drive, the integration is outstanding.

BB10 absolutely crushes WP8 in many areas, including PIM, email, and multitasking. The virtual keyboard is the best available, and the Hub (and notifications in general) is a better experience on the BB10 than WP8. 10.2.1 is great on the Z10, and depending on the app, Android apps from Snap or Amazon work pretty well. I use Instagram and Tumblr and both work extremely well. Other apps, like Vine, don't seem to work as well. The camera on the Z10 is pretty weak, and while Lumias have larger batteries, I like that the Z10's battery is removable.

TL; DR: both are great phones, but depending on your specific needs, you may prefer one over the other. Try both and see what's best for you.

Blackberry Z10: STL100-3, OS 10.2.1.537
    diegonei and cukierkas like this.
    04-02-14 07:46 AM
    I've had my Z10 for like 2 weeks & I love the damn thing. I was a previous BlackBerry user & had a year lapse where I used an iPhone 4. I'm very pleased I made the switch back.
    I originally planned on getting the Z30 but I'm not a fan of the super large phones. Once I saw the 2 side by side I knew the Z10 was for me.
    Apps work well, OS is really fluid & it's a good looking, sturdy device all in all.
    Even as a previous BlackBerry user, the Z10 is better than I expected, & I'm only 2 weeks in.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    04-02-14 03:59 PM
    Well i will say on a personal level, as big of a blackberry supporter as i am, the recent dealings with Tmobile (Been with tmobile for 16 yrs) and blackberry's announcement of creating and supporting bb7 devices has left me rather unenthusiastic towards blackberry...

Nokia today (yesterday) announced 4 new devices running windows's new (and impressive) 8.1 update which brings a lot of innovative features (some mimic z10 features)... 2 of the devices run at $189 and under....i've been reading all the new features that this windows 8.1 can do and it is very appealing.
    I will stick with blackberry until the wheels fall off but if i have to switch (cause i won't have a choice) i will likely go with a windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    cukierkas likes this.
    04-03-14 03:33 AM