Hi there,

My Z10 has an issue yesterday so I reset it and when it came back on it is now giving me either 1 of the 2 below problems:

1. Sometimes it says that my password had expired, so I type in my old password and get the option to create a new password. I enter a new password but then it just wipes what I wrote and asks again for a new password. No matter how many times I try, it just keeps asking for a new password to be created.

2. Sometimes it just asks me to put in my password, but then just goes back to the lock screen. I swipe up and again its asks for the password, i put in the password and it goes back to the lock screen, repeat repeat repeat.

I've tried taking the battery out and restarting etc. but it just wont allow me to use the phone.

Few points to mention -

1. My alarm still went off this morning even though I can't get any access to the phone.
    2. When I rang my phone from a landline it has the ringing tone though the landline phone, but nothing happens on the Z10 - no tones or graphics, just sits at the lock screen like nothing is happening.
    3. I plugged it in to my computer but the Blackberry software didnt recognise that anything has been hooked up.

Would be great if anyone can help me solve this riddle as really need to use it asap!
    08-18-14 12:41 AM
    Are you on a BES? Are you the administrator? If you are on a BES and you are not the admin, has the admin tried to reset the password?
    08-18-14 05:43 AM
    Are you on a BES? Are you the administrator? If you are on a BES and you are not the admin, has the admin tried to reset the password?
    Scrannel, thanks for the reply.

Yes I am on a BES but not the administrator - I can easily speak to my administraotr though and made him aware of this issue yesterday but he couldnt help.

Its the device password that its getting stuck on - which is not the same as my work password for all the BES service.

Thing is when I put in the device password wrong it tells me its wrong - however when I input it correctly it just goes back to the lock screen and I need to swipe up to then enter the password again.

I think I will need to wipe the phone, but have photos of famly etc I dont want to lose and a few important notes ive kept on there that arent backed up so want to make sure there is no solution before wiping it.
    08-18-14 11:51 PM
    What happens when you connect the phone to BBerry link? Can you unlock it that way? Have you tried unlocking it through "Protect"? (Not sure if you can).

Also, I presume you've tried the easy stuff: hard reset? Turn phone off and leave battery out for a while and try again?

Also... as a last resort, can you remove it from the BES and try?
    FF22 likes this.
    08-19-14 04:37 AM
    What happens when you connect the phone to BBerry link? Can you unlock it that way? Have you tried unlocking it through "Protect"? (Not sure if you can).

Also, I presume you've tried the easy stuff: hard reset? Turn phone off and leave battery out for a while and try again?

Also... as a last resort, can you remove it from the BES and try?
    Link says connecting but doesn't load anything so no options to go through there.

Ive have done a hard reset, but nothing changes unfortunately.

I have them take me off the BES but that hasn't changed anything - seems the phone has a glitch in it and won't let me past the password screen so only option is to wipe it.

Thanks a lot for your help though, appreciate you taking the time to reply to me.
    08-19-14 03:56 PM