Hi everyone. I've been a long time supporter of blackberry and crackberry and have been loving my new z10. I just bought it about a month ago and have loved it- but now there's a serious problem.

I updated the device to 10.1 a few days ago and everything was great for 1 day. The next day I started experiencing random reboots that so many people have been talking about. I've never had my phone do a random reboot, never dropped it, etc. The reboots occurred for a day and was annoying but now my device will not turn on at all! I've pulled the battery, tried everything. When I plug it in to charge the LED does not even light up (if I plug it in then take out the battery the LED comes on, but the phone still will not start). Has anyone else experienced this issue? I feel like it was something in the update because it never restarted before, but I had a full day after the update when everything worked fine.

AT&T's offer was to send me a new phone in a week for $15, but I need my phone for work in 2 days and I don't feel that I should have to pay. I have been on the phone with Blackberry support for 2 hours now and nothing. I can't even wipe my device and re-install the device software because my computer won't recognize it. BB support had me try it with the battery, without, etc. Everyone that I talk to seems surprised that it's not doing anything.

Anyway, is there anyone else who has been able to figure out what to do? Sorry for the crazy rant, I am just so disgusted because I've been with blackerry for years and have loved every minute of it; and now I am sitting here with a sorry excuse for a smart phone. Any help would be much appreciated!!

EDIT: AT&T did provide me with another battery to see if that was the issue, but alas I had the same problem.
    07-13-13 03:37 PM
    Hi everyone. I've been a long time supporter of blackberry and crackberry and have been loving my new z10. I just bought it about a month ago and have loved it- but now there's a serious problem.

I updated the device to 10.1 a few days ago and everything was great for 1 day. The next day I started experiencing random reboots that so many people have been talking about. I've never had my phone do a random reboot, never dropped it, etc. The reboots occurred for a day and was annoying but now my device will not turn on at all! I've pulled the battery, tried everything. When I plug it in to charge the LED does not even light up (if I plug it in then take out the battery the LED comes on, but the phone still will not start). Has anyone else experienced this issue? I feel like it was something in the update because it never restarted before, but I had a full day after the update when everything worked fine.

AT&T's offer was to send me a new phone in a week for $15, but I need my phone for work in 2 days and I don't feel that I should have to pay. I have been on the phone with Blackberry support for 2 hours now and nothing. I can't even wipe my device and re-install the device software because my computer won't recognize it. BB support had me try it with the battery, without, etc. Everyone that I talk to seems surprised that it's not doing anything.

Anyway, is there anyone else who has been able to figure out what to do? Sorry for the crazy rant, I am just so disgusted because I've been with blackerry for years and have loved every minute of it; and now I am sitting here with a sorry excuse for a smart phone. Any help would be much appreciated!!

EDIT: AT&T did provide me with another battery to see if that was the issue, but alas I had the same problem.
    What OS did you update to? Have you left your device on the wall charger for over an hour? Did your device ever overheat, after the OS date? Have you removed your sim and sd card?
    07-13-13 04:32 PM
    I updated to the at&t 10.1 update on wireless. Not quite sure which exact version because I can't get the phone on to check. It seems surprising to me though that I never had a problem with the phone rebooting, but since updating not only did it start rebooting but it made my z10 completely useless. Blackberry Support said it was a hardware issue but again how could this be when it didn't start turning itself off until after the update that was supposed to fix the problem?

I charged the device for 3 hours, pulled out the sim, sd card, and battery. Left them out for a little while then I tried again... still no power whatsoever. This situation is making me extremely frustrated. And even after I do get a replacement phone I would then have to re-download all my apps and I'll still have pictures, texts, etc. missing. Plus who's to say that this won't happen again? I need a phone that works well at all times, that's why I have been a blackberry owner for so long. I feel really let down with the quality of Blackberries at the moment.
    07-14-13 02:51 PM
    This also happened to me, in MY case, turned out battery wasn't making tight enough connection...look up "my REBOOT FIX " hope it helps but regardless, let us know

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 04:15 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion with the battery. I did put a folded up piece of paper to make the battery flush to the top connectors and let it charge but still no luck Good advice though. I also had a significant amount of space around my battery
    Mic_JP likes this.
    07-14-13 08:25 PM
    Worth a shot hope u figure out what is wrong.... sometimes, I had to reload the os....up to three times...please let us know what happens

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:02 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion with the battery. I did put a folded up piece of paper to make the battery flush to the top connectors and let it charge but still no luck Good advice though. I also had a significant amount of space around my battery
    Forgot to ask, is phone recognized in BB Link on computer?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:09 PM
    My computer won't recognize the phone at all The Blackberry Support team tried to access my phone to reload the OS (they swore they could access the phone on the computer even though the computer wouldn't recognize the device being plugged in, but alas...).

Honestly I can't be more aggravated with Blackberry. I loved my Z10. I took it on holiday and got many beautiful pictures, I used it for work so all of my work files are on it, everything was great and then I update the OS and I lose EVERYTHING!! Honestly, how can it be a hardware problem if everything was great until 2 days after I updated? And who's to say the replacement Z10 they are sending me won't do the exact same thing? I chose to stay with Blackberry because I love BB10 OS, but it makes no sense to me to stay with Blackberry because I can obviously no longer rely on my phone to be working properly at all times. Is that too much to ask?

Sorry for all the venting. AT&T basically told me no one buys Blackberry anymore so no one can help me there. Blackberry seemed surprised at what was happening to my phone but I've seen MANY reports of people having similar problems. They didn't offer any help nor really care that I was on the phone with them for 3 hours as they kept putting me on hold, upgraded the severity of my problem multiple times, and tried different things to reload the OS, only to tell me that they don't know what to do and to call AT&T, the same company that continuously tells me NOT to buy Blackberry.

This may be the end of the road for me as a Blackberry supporter. Very sad indeed.
    blackswagg likes this.
    07-17-13 09:41 AM
    My computer won't recognize the phone at all The Blackberry Support team tried to access my phone to reload the OS (they swore they could access the phone on the computer even though the computer wouldn't recognize the device being plugged in, but alas...).

Honestly I can't be more aggravated with Blackberry. I loved my Z10. I took it on holiday and got many beautiful pictures, I used it for work so all of my work files are on it, everything was great and then I update the OS and I lose EVERYTHING!! Honestly, how can it be a hardware problem if everything was great until 2 days after I updated? And who's to say the replacement Z10 they are sending me won't do the exact same thing? I chose to stay with Blackberry because I love BB10 OS, but it makes no sense to me to stay with Blackberry because I can obviously no longer rely on my phone to be working properly at all times. Is that too much to ask?

Sorry for all the venting. AT&T basically told me no one buys Blackberry anymore so no one can help me there. Blackberry seemed surprised at what was happening to my phone but I've seen MANY reports of people having similar problems. They didn't offer any help nor really care that I was on the phone with them for 3 hours as they kept putting me on hold, upgraded the severity of my problem multiple times, and tried different things to reload the OS, only to tell me that they don't know what to do and to call AT&T, the same company that continuously tells me NOT to buy Blackberry.

This may be the end of the road for me as a Blackberry supporter. Very sad indeed.
    Well, that sux I wish I knew what else to try...I called VZW today about my phone( I did not even purchase through them) they shipped out another one to me today...at no cost...i was shocked! but happy...anyways, I know my phone would not start up and I just kept playing with it but I was so over it....it FINALLY turned on...i hope someone else can assist you with this...or AT&T will make it right for you. I DEFINITELY understand your frustration and hope you had stuff backed up

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 05:04 PM
    Hey I just had the same thing happen. Although I did the update approx. 2 weeks ago, also I was having occasional reboots before the update. After I did the update it seemed my phone rebooted once a day. Just today it crashed and would not turn back on. No recognition through bberry link, no light on when plugged in to charge.

not sure what to do.

did you end up getting a new phone?
    09-09-13 04:49 PM