Hi there, I hope someone can help with this as this is now driving me insane and it's not even my phone.

I am a mobile phone dealer in the UK and have never had something I just couldnt get to work.........until this.

My customer has a old btopenworld.com email address! This seems to be a big issue but only after half a day. It lets you set up in the auto set up and comes up with not one error message... Great I thought that was easy!!! Wrong. It only seems to work for about half a day and then all you get is the clock next to the email you are trying to send and it comes up with invalid if you go to settings to view the account.

When we did erase and set back up we went into the advanced settings to see what the server address was and wierdly this is
    rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com port 993 SSL on?

We have contacted BT and get a different answer for each person we spaek to and the Z10 help set up which gives you the following see below...... PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SETTINGS BELOW DID NOT WORK FOR THIS EMAIL ADDRESS

Setting up a POP email account on your BlackBerry Z10

To set up POP email, in this case a btconnect email account, follow the steps below:

From the Home screen - drag down from the top and select Settings
    Select Accounts.
    Select Add Account.
    Select Email, Calendar and Contacts.
    Enter your Email Address and select Next.
    Enter your Password – select the ‘eye’ icon to reveal the password to make sure it's entered correctly.
    Your settings should be automatically detected.

If your settings aren't detected you'll get an error message, press Ok and follow the steps below.
    Press Advanced (bottom of the screen).
    As this is a POP account select POP.
    You'll need to scroll down the screen & enter the following details for a btconnect account
    Z10 wont send off btopenworld.com email address-23573.jpg

If the outgoing SMTP port fails change 587 to 25.
    Once complete the screen will return to the setup page. You can swipe up from the bottom of the screen to return to the home screen.
    The settings shown are for a btconnect email account. If your email is with another provider you'll need to contact them for your settings.

Can anyone shed any light on this at all.
    Last edited by AtYourService; 05-08-13 at 07:11 AM. Reason: addition to text
    05-08-13 07:09 AM
    How does your customer access their email on their computer? Is it via the web or a local email client?

If it's through a local email client, they can copy the server settings from the local client to their Z10 and manually set up a IMAP or POP account.

If it's through the web, check to see if it's affiliated with another mail service, like Yahoo, Outlook.com or Google Apps. If this is the case, they will have to dig through their help pages to find out the exact server settings they need to enter into their Z10.

Hopefully that helps.
    05-08-13 07:24 AM
    I stand to be corrected but there is a big issue with pop email accounts on the Z, or rather, an issue with sending emails from the Z, receiving works fine. I've not been able to send an email from this phone for about 2 months now, I still use my Bold for emailing /:

Hoping it will be fixed with 10.1

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:52 AM
    Try adding it under a yahoo account, BT use yahoo mail

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 11:04 AM
    On pop email accounts it is not uncommon that you can receive email, but the smtp outgoing cannot connect or send. It may have to do with your IP address not being allowed through your providers network configuration. Determine what your device IP address is and make sure it is whitelisted with your provider. Our company's email server is the old pop3 and this is how we had to solve the send problem. Just like on my laptop, Outlook client, I could receive emails at home, but could not reply or send. Only worked while on our company network which obviously had a whitelisted IP.

Worth a shot and hope it works for those with POP. I haven't had a problem since I had my Z's IP whitelisted from day 1.
    05-08-13 11:15 AM
    My experience -- with a POP3 account is this: Receive, yes, Send... for a while. In my case if my password is entered incorrectly 3 times I have to reset it. And that's exactly what's going on. If I continue to try to send, it crashes my email. A BBerry rep suggested it was acting as if I had an Enterprise account (I do not), encrypting my password and thus sending gibberish to my server. Whatever is going on, for sure my server is receiving an incorrect password. That's me.
    05-08-13 11:23 AM
    Also, while at home, I have to turn wifi off to send on our company pop account as my home IP is not whitelisted.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-08-13 11:59 AM