Today I purchased 5 movies from BB World because they were on sale at 0.79 pence each.. Bargain! or so I thought.. I watched the trailers before purchasing and they looked great. The problems occurred after they were downloaded, when I try to open the files I keep getting a dialogue box telling me that due to an unexpected error it can't play. I also got a dialogue box telling me it couldn't play the format!!

I've spent ages trying to sort this out and I'm now at my wits end! :

Can anybody advise please?

Thanks
    12-04-13 05:19 PM
    First, you are trying to play them on the z10 and not moved to a computer or other device?

Send an email to [email protected].
    12-04-13 06:14 PM
    Hi - Yes

They were downloaded to the SD memory card on my Z1O - In desperation, and for the sake of trying everything, I am downloading one of the films again directly to my phone memory, maybe it will make a difference.

Failing that I will email [email protected]

Thanks
    12-04-13 06:22 PM
    It should be fine on the sd card. But it had to be played on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 06:33 PM
    Just had this with the hobbit 2.5gb
    12-06-13 08:08 AM
    I have only sampled the ones I downloaded but they seem to play. Saved to card.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-06-13 12:33 PM
    I have only sampled the ones I downloaded but they seem to play. Saved to card.
    I've also sampled all 7 of my movies and the appear to play just fine ( saved to memory card).
    FF22 likes this.
    12-06-13 12:39 PM
    I've only sampled as well, as I'm waiting for the chance to plug into a TV with HDMI to really watch. My experience: two movies downloaded to Z10 memory, received microSD, moved the two to microSD, downloaded two more directly to microSD, all play...
    FF22 likes this.
    12-06-13 12:50 PM
    Go back into BB World and download them again. There is DRM on the movies and there might be an issue with this. If the movie is already on the device it won't download again but it might fix the issue you are having with playing the movies.
    I had downloaded four movies, none of them would work after installing a leak. After going back to BB World and re-downloading they work fine.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-06-13 03:54 PM
    Go back into BB World and download them again. There is DRM on the movies and there might be an issue with this. If the movie is already on the device it won't download again but it might fix the issue you are having with playing the movies.
    I had downloaded four movies, none of them would work after installing a leak. After going back to BB World and re-downloading they work fine.
    Hey, thanks. My Z10 imploded the other day. I could not get any OS on it for about 16 hours of all kinds of trials. I had tried the leak a few times and that even failed. Finally, the leak 10.2.1.xxxx loaded. Just tried the movies I downloaded before the crash. They did not want to work. Quickly opened and "downloaded" one of them again - took seconds - clearly it merely fixed the drm associated with my device. And it started playing. Now I will do the same for the others.

Good info to keep in mind.

But I probably now need to copy them to my computer again for "storage" (faster and less data intensive than having to really download them again)
    12-06-13 07:51 PM
    Today I purchased 5 movies from BB World because they were on sale at 0.79 pence each.. Bargain! or so I thought.. I watched the trailers before purchasing and they looked great. The problems occurred after they were downloaded, when I try to open the files I keep getting a dialogue box telling me that due to an unexpected error it can't play. I also got a dialogue box telling me it couldn't play the format!!

I've spent ages trying to sort this out and I'm now at my wits end! :

Can anybody advise please?

Thanks
    Reboot. If that doesn't work, delete and re-download for files...

Keith H. via CB10 on Z10
    12-06-13 08:41 PM
    is there a way to play these on a PC or TV without an HDMI connection?
    12-07-13 12:12 AM
    is there a way to play these on a PC or TV without an HDMI connection?
    Not unless you can figure out how to strip the drm and I have not bothered looking.
    12-07-13 12:47 AM