Hi,

I have a friend who has a Z10 that seemingly won't focus on almost anything. Occasionally she gets it to focus, but only after standing there for ages.

My hunch is that this is a hardware problem, but she swears up and down that she didn't drop the phone or is doing anything different. I have tried it out and experienced similar results. I played around the settings and even upgraded the OS, along with cleaning the camera lens but none of that made a difference. Unfortunately she bought the phone when it was released and no longer has the receipt, so making a claim on it is impossible.

I'm technically proficient, so I'm all ears for suggestions. My Z10 takes pics just fine!
    03-10-14 10:44 AM
    Hi and welcome to CB.
    Which OS does she have on there and would you be willing to sideload a different camera bar file? I had to do that on mine because I thought the pics were very blurry as well. I can post the camera bar file for you if you'd like to try.

Here's the link:
    http://1drv.ms/1fmjLvt
    It's the file from 1259
    03-10-14 10:48 AM
    If she purchased from a carrier and it is less than a year old, they can verify if there is warranty coverage.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-10-14 11:00 AM
    If she purchased from a carrier and it is less than a year old, they can verify if there is warranty coverage.
    No, unfortunately the phone is older than a year old and she lost the receipt, so that's not an option.
    06-25-14 09:56 AM
    Hi and welcome to CB.
    Which OS does she have on there and would you be willing to sideload a different camera bar file? I had to do that on mine because I thought the pics were very blurry as well. I can post the camera bar file for you if you'd like to try.

Here's the link:
    http://1drv.ms/1fmjLvt
    It's the file from 1259
    Thanks very much! I'll give that a try!
    06-25-14 09:56 AM