Hello fellow Crackbarrians,

it's been awhile since I've posted on here, but I need major help.

problem: device will not let me open any apps, settings, browser anything at all. It pops up like its goig to, then jut closes out. also, hub will not load, just constantly says loading hub.

Prior to problem: came in from work at 6:am today. Turned device one, and made sure my alarm clock was set. Set alarm to bedside mode, checked emails, and went to sleep. Woke up this afternoon to find device not responding to anything I do. I can't even get into the alarm clock mode now. Please any advice is greatly appreciated.
    03-28-15 02:32 PM
    Reboot your phone. May have to reboot more than once, since an app was open. When you reboot up, close the open app and reboot again.
    I had this issue on my Passport before I got the OTA upgrade.
    Are you on the Z10?
    And what version OS are you using? And what carrier are you with?
    03-28-15 02:36 PM
    Did you try a battery pull?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 02:48 PM
    Ok, just tried to delete a few apps, when phone restarted the apps where back on there. I've done several rebbots and battery pulls. Each time phone comes up, the alarm goes off again. One I hit dismiss it tries to open the clock, but automatically closes out.
    03-28-15 03:03 PM
    If you can BACKUP I'd suggest you try that. At least try copying any unique data (photos, docs, etc) to computer.

If a few more restarts (see below) don't fix the issue you might want to reload the OS using BBLink. It will erase data (hence the backup).

If Link does not fix it, you can try an Autoloader found in CB's leak OS subforum. Find your version or try a new one? What OS were you running?

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    03-28-15 06:53 PM
    I've connected my z10 to blackberry link, but says connect communicate with device. On the left hand side it shows my device and says connected. Will I not be able to save my files to my pic now?
    03-29-15 01:54 PM
    I was doing a reload through bb link, got a message saying there was a problem communicating with device. Now it won't even register on bb link or show it's connected to a computer. any advice would GREATLY be appreciated.
    03-29-15 02:59 PM
    Try removing the battery for 20 minutes, connecting an external charger to the device then see if link will then recognize it. If it does, while it's still connected reinsert the battery and make your back up. If that method doesn't try a battery pull and leave it set for an hour or so before re inserting the battery and connecting the device to link.

I'm sorry but I can't seem to remember the exact sequence used to get the device to be recognized but you get the idea.

I think F2 is who posted them if you care to search for the information in the mean time.

I'll look into it later when I have more time.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 03:12 PM
    I have the same issue. Did you resolve this issue?
    05-04-15 05:42 AM