Not sure if anyone experienced this with their Z10s?

Was just charging the device then after I checked it's already wiping itself!
    04-12-13 09:39 PM
    Haven't had this issue, but I got my first random reboot today...two right in a row that may have fixed my bluetooth issue with my car.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm and edwintg like this.
    04-12-13 09:58 PM
    never rebooted on me. just wiped itself.
    04-12-13 10:21 PM
    That's good. Already potty trained!
    04-12-13 10:31 PM
    OP are you sure that nobody could have tried to enter the password into the device or anything?
    edwintg, agp101, pels_17 and 18 others like this.
    04-12-13 11:32 PM

OP are you sure that nobody could have tried to enter the password into the device or anything?

No Sir, the device is in front of me because i'm activating it on BES10.
    04-12-13 11:36 PM
    ahh....i am going to guess that activating it on BES 10 might plan into what happened then
    branflakes, edwintg and TgeekB like this.
    04-12-13 11:41 PM
    That was also what I was thinking Sir the first time it got wiped. But I really was not doing anything when it wiped itself the 2nd time.

Anyways, I hope the OS update would fix it.
    04-13-13 12:02 AM
    Oh wow, that sucks! Sorry that this has happened! I didn't know activating BES does this. Definitely something people should know about

Posted via CB on my sexy Zee 10
    edwintg likes this.
    04-13-13 12:17 AM
    Activating on bes 10 does not wipe the phone.

I'm a bes 10 admin and we have 7 z10s deployed

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:22 AM
    Well my apologies for my skepticism then. This just seems like a very far-fetched issue and questionable as to why such a catastrophic issue(yes, catastrophic...this wasn't a simple reboot....this was a wipe) would be brought up here. I would think that a phone used by government agencies wouldn't be susceptible to something like a random automatic wipe.
    BlackBerry would really like to know that this happened with one of their phones...but I'm sure you've called them already and made this issue known.

*the underline is to denote what I started the thread with
    Last edited by HedoBum; 04-14-13 at 12:57 PM.
    04-13-13 12:22 AM
    Here we are to learn all about the z10. Flaws and all.

Well my apologies for my skepticism then. This just seems like a very far-fetched issue and questionable as to why such a catastrophic (yes, catastrophic...this wasn't a simple reboot....this was a wipe) would be brought up here. I would think that a phone used by government agencies wouldn't be susceptible to something like a random automatic wipe.
    BlackBerry would really like to know that this happened with one of their phones...but I'm sure you've called them already and made this issue known.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-13-13 12:23 AM
    If your phone is actually wiping everything in the phone you should exchange it. You're the first person I've ever heard of this happening to.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    millwright40 likes this.
    04-13-13 12:35 AM
    Well my apologies for my skepticism then. This just seems like a very far-fetched issue and questionable as to why such a catastrophic (yes, catastrophic...this wasn't a simple reboot....this was a wipe) would be brought up here. I would think that a phone used by government agencies wouldn't be susceptible to something like a random automatic wipe.

HedoBum. I completely understand your skepticism! I came onto CB a while back with an innocent enthusiasm. That faded fast with all of the whinning that goes on. Too many troll wanna be's. It's taking longer and longer to weed through the crap.
    The saving grace is there are still some good crack-heads out there! Hopefully they don't get discouraged and bail out!

From Zed to U via CB
    04-13-13 12:35 AM
    If your phone is actually wiping everything in the phone you should exchange it. You're the first person I've ever heard of this happening to.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    And you have spoken to every single blackberry Z10 owner, seems legit.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:37 AM
    Are we not reading the same thing?
    He's saying that his Z10 automatically executed a wipe. You understand the seriousness of this? This isn't an issue for a forum...this is an issue that I think BlackBerry would need to be on top of immediately. This isn't a automatic random reboot or bad battery or just something that can (or should) be rectified with a reboot. This is a smartphone that would potentially wipe some sensitive or very important data. Given some of the high-profile users of BlackBerry phones, I would think this a fairly serious issue. I, myself, wouldn't bother myself with posting it in a forum...I would be contacting BBRY post-haste and letting them know that their product is capable of doing this.
    But like I said...I'm sure the OP has already contacted BBRY and they are all over it.
    04-13-13 12:39 AM
    Are we not reading the same thing?
    He's saying that his Z10 automatically executed a wipe. You understand the seriousness of this? This isn't an issue for a forum...this is an issue that I think BlackBerry would need to be on top of immediately. This isn't a automatic random reboot or bad battery or just something that can (or should) be rectified with a reboot. This is a smartphone that would potentially wipe some sensitive or very important data. Given some of the high-profile users of BlackBerry phones, I would think this a fairly serious issue. I, myself, wouldn't bother myself with posting it in a forum...I would be contacting BBRY post-haste and letting them know that their product is capable of doing this.
    But like I said...I'm sure the OP has already contacted BBRY and they are all over it.
    In the real world it can cost anywhere from $50-99 to talk to blackberry hot line unless your carrier puts in a support ticket for you. They would rather not do that since it costs them money, most of the time they will get you to send it in for repairs. No one likes sending in their device for repairs especially if it's new. So he probably wanted to see if anyone had experienced a similar situation.
    Posted via CB10
    edwintg and GreenCopperz like this.
    04-13-13 12:43 AM
    Activating on bes 10 does not wipe the phone.

I'm a bes 10 admin and we have 7 z10s deployed

Posted via CB10
    Yup Sir. Because I have already activated it and emails are aleady synching then the wipe happened.
    04-13-13 12:43 AM
    Yeah I'm finding this hard to believe lol, but whatever...

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-13-13 12:47 AM

The problem here Sir is that the BB was bought in Canada, and I'm here in Manila. BB Support here is for BES and not for devices.. I guess I need to update the OS first and hope that it would fix the problem. Thanks
    04-13-13 12:48 AM

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Good thing I still have a backup from my 9900.

I guess i need to send it back to Canada if it'll still do the wipe after upgrading the OS. thanks
    04-13-13 12:55 AM
    It seems a security swipe by yourself or from outside who did a security swipe

I also happy with my BB10. No reboots or crashes like i had with android or that my radio app or spotify app was haging so i always had to restart the app. Using deezer on wifi and hotspots at work but BB10 never letts me down so far.

I still like in a new update color leds, alarm improvment for more days to program, to get anothor extra way to get the keybooard away like on my playbook.

Love BB10
    Last edited by whatsever; 04-13-13 at 01:22 AM.
    04-13-13 01:12 AM
    Nearly happened to me on the playbook. Due to old wiring in the house, the touchscreen start touching itself. With password screen and it randomly entering passwords. Installed a belkin surge protector and automatic voltage regulator and never have the paranormal activity anymore.

Posted via CB10
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    04-13-13 01:13 AM
    can't be Sir. I'm also the BES admin where I work.

It seems a security swipe by yourself or from outside who did a security swipe

04-13-13 01:20 AM
    Nearly happened to me on the playbook. Due to old wiring in the house, the touchscreen start touching itself. With password screen and it randomly entering passwords. Installed a belkin surge protector and automatic voltage regulator and never have the paranormal activity anymore.

Posted via CB10
    hmmm..make sense Sir, because I was charging the phone when it did the wipe twice. It haven't wiped again since I removed it from the charger. And in my area there's some static.. but not sure. hopefully it's not the case. thanks
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    04-13-13 01:25 AM
103 123 ...