Ok I have tried everything I know (which is not much) but my Z10 will not accept google calendar. The first time I set it up it loaded mail, contacts and calendar. The calendar refused to show in the default listing or the list of calenders to show option. Deleted it and reinstalled. Now get an error message saying mail and contacts ok but cannot install calendar at this time. I have tried this now so many times that it became a joke. Even tried through the exchange server settings using m.google.com server just like my playbook uses but the result was a nonsensical error message stating "at this time your bb10 device cannot be connected and we cannot complete your request. Please try again later"?

What the **** does that mean and why have RIM done this. My playbook is still running with these settings perfectly!
    02-28-13 11:41 AM
    The Google Sync service has been discontinued by Google since December 2012....what have you been all this time??

Google announced it publicly last year by doing a press release. Is this RIM (BBRY's) fault? No!!
    02-28-13 11:44 AM
    Google stopped Active Sync as part of their Winter Cleaning program(see link below). There is a way to do it on the z10 via caldav but I didn't bother as it can take 48 hours...

I created a new outlook.com account and forwarded my gmail to it. I exported my contacts from gmail and imported them to outlook.com. The z10 works great work outlook.com.

http://googleblog.blogspot.ca/2012/1...aning.html?m=1

BesAdmin Z10 User
    02-28-13 11:57 AM
    Today's software update to 10.0.10.85 seems to have fixed the calendar sync issues. I had to refresh my caldav settings (just go into settings and put in your password again and save. But I can now enter events in my google calendar and they are syncing!!!
    02-28-13 04:34 PM
    I am only going to confuse you but somehow I have managed to sync my Google calendar. Now, if I could remember how I would tell you. But it is syncing.
    02-28-13 06:48 PM
    Today's update fixed all my calendar issues! I had my gmail sync through active sync before, and I had to change it to IMAP (deleted and readded the account), but when I did all the calendars on my account showed up with read / write ability
    02-28-13 06:54 PM
    Yes!!! The OS update fixed my Google calendar sync issues. I LOVE my BBZ10!
    02-28-13 07:17 PM
    Yes, with new software update I am able to add gmail using basic setup and everything works! I am now back to goggle!

BesAdmin Z10 User
    03-01-13 01:49 AM
    The Google Sync service has been discontinued by Google since December 2012....what have you been all this time??

Google announced it publicly last year by doing a press release. Is this RIM (BBRY's) fault? No!!
    So, I guess technically as seeing as how the update fixed the issue it was Blackberry's fault? Humble pie.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-01-13 02:50 AM
    So, I guess technically as seeing as how the update fixed the issue it was Blackberry's fault? Humble pie.
    Oh it's going to be one of those trips again. It works on 7.1 so let's update to 10. Oh we've broken it! Lets release a minor update to fix it. Now let's release a major update to get the handset working correctly. Oh look we've broken what we fixed before let's release another minor update to get it working again. Where have RIM done this before, let me see now. Oh I know it was the playbook! Now I suppose after two years of updating it to a point where it's usable and loved by its owners, they will update it to 10 and screw everything up again!

Well only another 23 months until the Z10 is fully functional eh!
    03-01-13 07:49 AM
    I'm guessing, it was a bit of both Google's, and Blackberry's. lol. Likely, the "update" was a fix, to work-around Google not being cooperative, being they are competition.
    03-01-13 08:06 AM
    Oh it's going to be one of those trips again. It works on 7.1 so let's update to 10. Oh we've broken it! Lets release a minor update to fix it. Now let's release a major update to get the handset working correctly. Oh look we've broken what we fixed before let's release...

Well only another 23 months until the Z10 is fully functional eh!
    Your rant doesn't make any sense, in regards to your original post.

As others have said, "Google" discontinued the sync service you used to use, last year.

The other "sync" method one can use for Google had an issue, on the z10 initially; The z10 was released Feb. 5th, and Blackberry released an "update" yesterday (Feb. 28th), which fixes the issue you were complaining about.

2 1/2 weeks...
    03-01-13 08:10 AM