What I tried just now was to delete the wifi calling app and reboot. Now wifi calling works fine. Of course I have no control of wifi calling, but I have never had control of wifi calling.

Posted via CB10
    If you did not have control of your wifi-calling app sounds like you had a "bad" OS install; have seen this before over on the t-mo side of Crackberry. People would end up with the new OS installed, but their wifi-calling app would not function correctly. There were two solutions. One was to reinstall the OS. The other was to go on BBerry World app store, log in and look under T-Mo Business (as I recall) and you would find another version of the wifi-calling app. Many who reinstalled from there solved their issues. But the best way is to reinstall the OS.
    05-12-14 10:16 AM
    So at least I know it's not just happening to me, but is there a fix it?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 04:07 PM
    So at least I know it's not just happening to me, but is there a fix it?

Posted via CB10
    A fix for hardware? Lol unless you can remove the old wifi module and find a stronger compatible wifi module with the chip set and solder it in sure, I bet that would fix it

Sent from the ocean using my waterproof Z10
    05-12-14 04:18 PM
    A fix for hardware? Lol unless you can remove the old wifi module and find a stronger compatible wifi module with the chip set and solder it in sure, I bet that would fix it

It can't surely be the hardware. The problem only started after the last update! Unless you were being sarcastic lol

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 05:45 PM
    It can't surely be the hardware. The problem only started after the last update! Unless you were being sarcastic lol

Posted via CB10
    It was mostly sarcasm but a hardware change probably would work if you were adept enough to manage it.

My wife and I have z10s I have a Stl100-1 and she has a stl100-3 both on 10.2.1.2141 and in the babies room she drops wifi constantly and I rarely if ever do I mostly have 2 bars in there.

I said I was mostly joking because the stl100-1 seems to have a more capable wifi module

05-12-14 06:11 PM
    My issue with wifi started today with dropped off and can't connect to my home wifi. With setting on/off I can't connect. After rebooting I was able to reconnect again. Weird issue. Running on stl100-2.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 06:40 PM
    happens on my AT&T Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2273 , started after the recent (finally) AT&T upgrade. I get the limited connectivity issue, and it frequently asks to me to log in to my own wifi as a "Wi-fi Hotspot".

I haven't noticed it on my Q10, but truthfully, I don't use it as much / same at the house. I will try to pay attention / test it and try to report back here.

Anyone have issues on other than Z10? Don't remember if other posters above mentioned?
    05-12-14 06:56 PM
    Today again
    Z10 Wifi issues-img_20140513_084538.png

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 10:16 PM
    Have now even tried static ip address's for each device connected to the router. It still does it

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 04:10 AM
    Mines dropping the connection totally. It's definitely not the isp, because being a telephone network technician, I have the equipment to test for that. My router connection has a rock solid connection. I've tried the wifi on all channels (13 in total) but still drops. I've tried swapping routers from Netgear to Zxyel, and tried 2.4 and 5 bands, but still get the same issue!

Posted via CB10
    Kifty, questions:

1) Since you have tried different routers, (I presume at home or in the same location), have you tried, one by one, disconnecting other devices to see if that changes your Z10 connection? Also, is there any local interference?
    2) Does the phone connect to routers in different locations? (Hotels, etc)
    3) Have you tried factory reset on the routers and checked to see if they have latest firmware?
    4) Have you tried different mode settings on your routers?

If none of this works, and the phone does NOT connect to routers in other locations (and assuming you have tried a "hard reset") I would try a factory reset. Barring that, perhaps change your OS? I'm on .2228 and it's rock solid.
    05-13-14 09:29 AM
    I have started getting the limited connectivity message even if I'm nit connected to wifi and even if it's off since I put 10.2.1.3175 on my Z30.

I don't get it. They haven't changed the version they have been using wlan 1.1 since the pb days. They have done nothing with it since then? Even so it's the same f'n version, what so they f up all the time?
    05-13-14 09:46 AM
    I just received this notification on my Q10 SQN100-5/10.2.1.2228 a few minutes ago.
    Never had this happen to any of my BB's or other devices.

'This network appears to have limited Internet access as some websites are unreachable. To fully access the Internet, connect to another network'
    There are long threads about that issue here but due to CB10 limitations I can't post links to them right now.

If you do a titles-only search for "wifi limited" you'll probably find them.
    05-13-14 11:41 AM
    FWIW: I have had WiFi reconnection issues with BB10 ever since I installed 10.1 on my devices starting somewhere around June or July last year. This manifests itself as getting a good connection, but if you go out of signal coverage and then return it will not reconnect until you restart the device. Didn't have that issue on the original 10.0.9 release that came on the phone. So not likely a hardware issue - more likely a side-effect of aggressive radio power-management.

The "Limited connectivity" issue became more common in recent builds of OS 10.2.1, apparently they changed the way they do link connectivity checking. (Which appears to be very fault-intolerant, ie if you temporarily have IP routing issues to BlackBerry's mothership in Canada, you will get that error even if otherwise connectivity is fine.)
    05-13-14 11:53 AM
    I'm often getting the "limited connection" alert. It's a problem with the BlackBerry because my computer and tablet are still connected and aren't giving me that warning.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-13-14 12:04 PM
    Kifty, questions:

1) Since you have tried different routers, (I presume at home or in the same location), have you tried, one by one, disconnecting other devices to see if that changes your Z10 connection? Also, is there any local interference?
    2) Does the phone connect to routers in different locations? (Hotels, etc)
    3) Have you tried factory reset on the routers and checked to see if they have latest firmware?
    4) Have you tried different mode settings on your routers?

If none of this works, and the phone does NOT connect to routers in other locations (and assuming you have tried a "hard reset") I would try a factory reset. Barring that, perhaps change your OS? I'm on .2228 and it's rock solid.
    Hi, yeah I've tried both routers (brand new one out the box) allowing just my phone only to connect. Both routers have got the latest firmware. I have my service set on an INP profile To alleviate any external interference, but have tested for it and found none. I don't have problems connecting to other routers ( nor do I with mine, it just drops momentarily whilst connected) I have tried a hard reset, but not a factory reset. Where would I find os 2228, and how would I load it? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 02:56 PM
    FWIW: . . . .

The "Limited connectivity" issue became more common in recent builds of OS 10.2.1, apparently they changed the way they do link connectivity checking. (Which appears to be very fault-intolerant, ie if you temporarily have IP routing issues to BlackBerry's mothership in Canada, you will get that error even if otherwise connectivity is fine.)
    I'mNOtech - as opposed to Omnitech:

Why then can I not simply toggle my wi-fi off then back on and clear the issue up? Even if I leave it off for say 15 -30 seconds. Why do I have to do a restart to square it away sometimes?

*****EDIT***** - I need to have my Q10 and Z10 side by side and use both for some web browsing on wi-fi and observe if both react the same way. Encourage others to try simultaneous usage and report back here (for OMNI types to figure out not I"mNO types like me)
    05-13-14 04:43 PM
    Is anyone else having wifi issues. When I'm connected to my router, it quite often just drops off the wifi connection, even when next to router, and with full strength. No other devices in the house have the problem. I've tried different routers, and tried different channels, but am regularly getting disconnected. I'm running 10.2.1.2102 on my Z10.
    Please help
    Yup...BlackBerry wifi bugs have not fixed. mine too or wifi connection slew like tortoise !

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 07:23 PM
    I am also having this issue at home. Very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 07:29 PM
    Why then can I not simply toggle my wi-fi off then back on and clear the issue up? Even if I leave it off for say 15 -30 seconds. Why do I have to do a restart to square it away sometimes?

I can only speculate about what is going on, my speculation is based on the following:

Re: the "re-connection" issue:

1) Probably not hardware design flaw because the problem seems to be firmware-revision specific.

2) Probably not hardware QA issue because I have the problem on multiple Z10s as do others.

3) We all know that there has been lots of pressure on BlackBerry to improve battery life on BB10, especially on the Z10. I'm pretty sure they work on optimizing that continuously.

4) I don't personally see this particular variant of this issue occur on initial connection, only on reconnection. This dovetails with the idea that some sort of aggressive power-management algorithm probably "puts the WiFi radio to sleep" when the connected network signal is lost (a common power-saving measure), but for some reason the radio "doesn't come back out of sleep mode" to re-aquire the signal when back in range.

5) Resolving the issue on restart dovetails with the likelihood that a restart resets the state of the radio power-management control algorithm.

Re: the "Limited Connectivity" issue:

A) This only started being reported in relatively recent 10.2.1.xxxx builds and up. (This suggests a recent technical change in how the OS validates network link status)

B) In prior discussions we concluded that the device apparently attempts to connect to some system at BlackBerry's headquarters network in Canada, and if it fails, reports "Limited Connectivity". The workaround that worked for many was to turn off cellular data service, which apparently did something to the link detection logic and allowed the WiFi link to be detected as valid. (It may be a simple matter of mistakenly adding the cellular network as the default route when in fact that link is not active. Basic networking bug.)

C) I tracked the problem down to apparently a routing issue at the handoff to BlackBerry's service provider in Canada (Tata Communications) and actually talked to their NOC about it, but I did not have credentials to open a trouble-ticket with them. (I would have needed to be on staff at one of their transit peers, etc.)

D) Someone at BlackBerry passed-on our complaint to some internal staff and the problem was resolved that day. (It re-appeared intermittently after that for various people.)

E) This new "link status detection system" seems to be prone to errors, and should probably be revamped. (Neither am I personally particularly thrilled about the idea of the device continuously "phoning home" whenever it is running.)

Here's the main thread on the "Limited Connectivity" error:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-error-909783/
    WanShark69 and DocDRM like this.
    05-14-14 01:54 AM
    I'm on T-Mo USA and use WFC at home 99% of the time because cell signal is so bad. (In wifi-only mode). This does shut down the cell radios (as if it were in airplane mode), but of course allows all regular cell functions. Maybe that's why I'm not having this issue? Running current T-Mo .2228.
    05-14-14 04:03 AM
    I'm on T-Mo USA and use WFC at home 99% of the time because cell signal is so bad. (In wifi-only mode). This does shut down the cell radios (as if it were in airplane mode), but of course allows all regular cell functions. Maybe that's why I'm not having this issue? Running current T-Mo .2228.
    Which issue are you referring-to?

Both my Z10s are running 10.2.1.2228 at the moment, but I'm not a T-Mobile customer.
    05-14-14 05:13 AM
    The apparent issue of wifi disconnecting while data is on.
    05-14-14 08:07 AM
    I do hope that BlackBerry is listening to all the issues with wi-fi and correct this in the upcoming OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 09:41 AM
    I do hope that BlackBerry is listening to all the issues with wi-fi and correct this in the upcoming OS.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. Should already have been fixed.
    05-14-14 09:47 AM
    If you go into your engineering screen, you will find a section for data services. There is a section for RIM admin. I could upload mine, but on the odd chance if is personal to my phone, I won't. But I think the internet addresses are generic. My guess is when you can't reach this service is when it complains.

I have all my remote diagnostics turned off.

Also what is interesting is BlackBerry provides the domain name service, but I assume that is only when you are using the cellular service. Your router should be supplying the DNS for wifi. Well that is if you set it up to do so. Some people put the DNS in the host device (example computer) rather than the browser.

Since I get the limited access message once in a while (rarely), I don't think this is DNS related, but do make sure you router has the DNS set.

The RIM DNS starts with a 10, meaning private network.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 02:43 PM
64 123