01-22-14 10:36 AM
28 12
tools
    I too am disappointed the Z10 won't have wifi direct as previously had been "indicated".

Oh well...

However, some good news...

I just turned on my Panasonic Blu-ray Disc player and it had a firmware update. Loaded it. Then I thought maybe the DLNA connection will work now. And lo and behold it does.

Before now I was frustrated cuz the BD player had the DLNA logo but wouldn't recognize my Z10. (The Z30 in the house showed up fine!)

As soon as the update was finished, it worked just fine.

A word to others: don't forget to "allow" the other device...
    Settings/MediaSharing/Devices...
    Make sure the BD player is checked. My Panasonic only shows up with its IP address... you can get that from the player itself under settings.

Posted via CB10
    Is there any way to "refresh" the list of devices? Whenever I go to the list of devices, it's blank. I've got it set up on the previous screen to share all three possibilities and I'm connected to the same WiFi network. Is there anything I'm missing?
    01-22-14 10:01 AM
    Mine just show up.

To show up the first time, make sure the other device (BD player, TV, whatever) is powered on and connected to the same wifi network. Plus there may be a setting you need to adjust. For example, on my Panasonic DMP-BDT220, under Player Settings/Network I had to set "Remote Device Operation" to "On".

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:32 AM
    Mine just show up. To show up the first time, make sure the other device (BD player, TV, whatever) is powered on and connected to the same wifi network.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Works really well too. I don't have any devices allowed in my media sharing list.

Download Noted, a 5-star rated, native BB10 memo pad app.
    01-22-14 10:36 AM
28 12