Today I discovered I'm not the only person with this Wifi Issue. When the z10 connects to wifi I get a notification "wifi connection limited ". LTE still shows at the top of my screen. Now when I disconnect data services, wifi instantly begins working. If anybody else has this issue please comment here, as hopefully the Crackberry folks see it and forward the problem to BlackBerry. Thanks!

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    ArmedHitman likes this.
    02-27-14 12:22 PM
    I have EXACTLY the same issue! I JUST got off the phone with BlackBerry after speaking with my carrier & unfortunately nothing was resolved. I basically shut data services off while at home, now, for the use of wifi.
    The first time I connected with BlackBerry through my carrier (Bell) & the BlackBerry tech said to call back from another phone, which I did a couple hours later, to wipe the OS & re-install because there was a glitch. On the second call THAT tech person at BlackBerry told me it was everything BUT the phone because the wifi works elsewhere, normally. So now I've temporarily accepted it & shut my data services off to be able to use wifi.

Also... my laptop is working normally and connected to wifi without issues and nothing else has changed. I'm open for an solutions anyone might have!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 12:40 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem since I came home from work at 5 PM, local time. I've a STL100-1

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 12:41 PM
    Happens to me occasionally. I usually cycle wifi and it reconnects fine.
    02-27-14 12:52 PM
    I only get that when I am at the edge of the WiFi network's signal. If the signal becomes too weak or I move too far away, the error comes up. I usually cycle WiFi or toggle D-Services.

I have never experienced it on a strong signal.
    02-27-14 01:01 PM
    There are many reporting that it isn't using wifi even when connected and data is going thru your mobile instead wifi. Big bug there.
    02-27-14 01:15 PM
    I'm seeing this too. When I go into the WiFi settings, it says that it is connected, but LTE still shows as the network on the homescreen (no Wifi bars/symbol). Is there another way of knowing which network (LTE or WiFi) the phone is actually using when this happens?
    02-27-14 01:19 PM
    Started today for me. Allot more having the same problem see this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-error-909783/
    02-27-14 01:25 PM
    Just happened toe yesterday since I returned home from work. All was fine at work, but at home I get the message connection limited, even though my laptops connect just fine, and the phone was fine until yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:26 PM
    I'm seeing this too. When I go into the WiFi settings, it says that it is connected, but LTE still shows as the network on the homescreen (no Wifi bars/symbol). Is there another way of knowing which network (LTE or WiFi) the phone is actually using when this happens?
    If you don't see the wifi bars on the homescreen, it's using your network. This is a very unusual problem. After I got off the phone with Bell & Blackberry, I made my way to Crackberry & was surprised to see so many people having the same issue. It's bizarre to say the least. Hope a solution is found soon.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-27-14 01:35 PM
    There are already a few threads on this. This one http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=909783
    has over 4 pages.
    Why was it necessary to create another?

Posted via CB10
    ksantor and blackmoe like this.
    02-27-14 01:37 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, bb10 is buggy with Dual Bands. Best thing to do is change it to 2.4Ghz
    02-27-14 01:39 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, bb10 is buggy with Dual Bands. Best thing to do is change it to 2.4Ghz
    Nice if works as a workaround. BBRY has had this issue with pb and its been forever. About time the fix it!
    02-27-14 01:42 PM
    We have 2 BB's in this house, a Q10 and Z10 and both started with the Wifi problem last night. All other devices in the house work fine. I was able to connect at a Tim Horton's with no problem. When I turn off the mobile network the Wifi connects, almost instantly. I have been a loyal Blackberry user for many years but today I am ready to throw it out. My mobile network is with Koodo and my home internet supplier is Cogeco. But this problem seems widespread, so it is a BlackBerry issue.
    02-27-14 01:45 PM
    I had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago for two straight days. However, it has not happened since then. It seems that it is a bug that happens from time to time at least on my end. I did nothing special to solve the issue, it just hasn't happened anymore.
    02-27-14 02:26 PM
    Since I downloaded 10.2, I have had many issues connecting to public wifi networks. No problem with work or home networks, but random networks around town. Very frustrating.
    Most of the networks that I cannot connect to are the one's that don't require some sort of login. When I got to McDonalds, there will be a login screen pop up on my Z10, and I check the box and I'm good-to-go. The one's that don't require logins show that I'm connected, but the wifi icon doesn't appear on the screen.
    02-27-14 02:27 PM
    Hmm seems to be a lot of people with the same issue or previously had the issue. Hopefully blackberry can resolve this via software update

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    02-27-14 02:37 PM
    I'm also having the same issue. It started Yesterday and still not working properly. I do hope this gets resolved.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 02:55 PM
    My Z10 started with this yesterday as well. If I shut off my Cell connection the wifi works fine. I tried deleting the profile and reentering my password, turned device off etc. and it has not fixed it. Telus Mobility here.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 03:15 PM
    This started a few hours ago! Stl100-1 here... must be a blackberry server side issue!

As 10.2.1 has been working flawlessly since 1925!

Posted via Black ZeD on 10.2.1.1925
    02-27-14 03:25 PM
    yup also began yesterday for me. Blackberry please fix!!
    02-27-14 03:30 PM
    The strange thing is that while the phone does not show that it is connected to wifi it actually is.

How do I know this? I just updated BlackBerry Link...manually of course because this stupid program does not seem to so it itself and it says my device is connected to it and it is not plugged in.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 03:33 PM
    The strange thing is that while the phone does not show that it is connected to wifi it actually is.

How do I know this? I just updated BlackBerry Link...manually of course because this stupid program does not seem to so it itself and it says my device is connected to it and it is not plugged in.

Posted via CB10
    Hm that's interesting. I don't know if that's enough evidence for me to go crazy and start streaming youtube and movies now or else my data bill will prevent me from paying mortgage for the rest of the year haha

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    02-27-14 03:39 PM
    Well...my experience? Last week I got notified that I went over my data. Now that in itself is unbelievable because I hardly am ever away from wifi.
    Checked my usage data, and should usage where I know I was on wifi. Or so my phone said. Always has the wifi as connected. AT&T rep had me reboot my router. Her reasoning was that sometimes even if it shows connected to wifi, the connection is really not there.
    Since doing that, usage seems to be back to normal.

Now as for the issue as OP described, this has also happened to me. Not good at all if people have limited data.....
    02-27-14 03:47 PM
    I'm glad to find these posts here because it's happening on my Q10 (just started last night). Rogers said it was likely my internet provider (don't really think so). I did turn off Data Services after reading these post and wifi came back on. Weird that it would start to do this now without any updates? Also, only at home. I went to a Starbucks and the wifi worked fine.
    02-27-14 03:53 PM
149 123 ...