I'm traumatised. Never ever dropped a phone in water before. I love this phone and I need it for my work. Didn't want to turn on last night, now after I hit it this morning it has but sim undectable and water is visible under the camera.

Please would do I do!? In Vodafone Red with no insurance. I can get courtesy phone but like I said it's not really helpful when I can't get a replacement.

Everything is on this phone and I cannot see everything that was before on the device.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 01:02 AM
    I'm traumatised. Never ever dropped a phone in water before. I love this phone and I need it for my work. Didn't want to turn on last night, now after I hit it this morning it has but sim undectable and water is visible under the camera.

Please would do I do!? In Vodafone Red with no insurance. I can get courtesy phone but like I said it's not really helpful when I can't get a replacement.

Everything is on this phone and I cannot see everything that was before on the device.

Posted via CB10
    What ever you do if water is visible do not switch it on. If you can pop the phone in a warm space, somewhere like an airing cupboard. Don't put it near a fire or anything or near direct heat source but somewhere humid so it has chance to dry out naturally, this will also eliminate water damage to the LCD screen but obviously none of this can be guaranteed.

If you can remove the back cover, battery, sim and any SD cards you have to give it maximum chance to dry out.

Wish you luck but failing that it may be a costly repair or replacement unfortunately
    05-16-14 01:08 AM
    btw, you may need to leave it a few days for it to fully dry out.
    05-16-14 01:09 AM
    put it in rice, first thing to do no matter what
    Doggerz, kbz1960 and Allwyn John like this.
    05-16-14 01:12 AM
    Take apart as many pieces as you can; backdoor, battery, memory card, screen protector, case, etc., and put it in a bowl of rice and leave it there for a few hours or till the next day until the rice sucks out all the water.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 01:13 AM
    And make sure you put it in a container with rice below it. And close it tight so that the rice could easily absorb the water.
    And leave it for few days. 2-3 days.

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-16-14 01:18 AM
    So sorry to hear that! Hope it can be revived!

Posted via my Z10: 10.2.1.3175
    05-16-14 01:53 AM
    Put it in rice the only option

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 08:02 AM
    Rice is your best friend

Posted via my Kick @ss Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    Septembersrain likes this.
    05-16-14 08:03 AM
    Funny how of all the places the phone could have dropped, it had to drop down the toilet....
    05-16-14 01:11 PM
    Rice and somewhere away from humidity.

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
    05-16-14 01:20 PM
    I love rice but for now youtube and some tools are your friend. You can find instructions on how to disassemble the phone and wipe all water out and air dry. Prolonged water exposure will corrode the circuit board.

BBQ10
    05-16-14 01:41 PM
    put it in rice, first thing to do no matter what
    Be sure to throw the rice out right after. You wouldn't want to cook that and have it for dinner.

Posted via CB10
    vinniesworld, pttptppt and PHughes like this.
    05-16-14 01:50 PM
    Be sure to throw the rice out right after. You wouldn't want to cook that and have it for dinner.

Posted via CB10
    Why not?!?

I'm kidding.

05-16-14 01:54 PM
    Why not?!?

I'm kidding.

I'd rather start with rice that was grown brown rather than dyed brown!
    Septembersrain and pttptppt like this.
    05-16-14 05:45 PM
    Make sure you use white rice and put that inside a 100% cotton t shirt. Wrap it very tight. The cotton also helps remove the moisture.

Mine sat under 6" of water for 15 minutes before I knew it. Now, it works as good as new. Long fun Vegas story but that's for another say. By the way, Vegas hotels charge $25 for a bowl of rice...../+?/$#@;/
    05-16-14 11:25 PM
    you need 3 things: rice, days, and prayer... I managed to save the pictures off a friend's iPhone that dropped in Big Gulp of coke

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    05-17-14 02:22 AM
    Put it in a bag full of rice an D leave for a day or two, the rice will absorb all the water and your phone will survive

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 02:35 AM
    The bad news is that any water damaged phones whilst drying them out with rice or dessicant may get it to work for a while again if you are lucky (the phone could have shorted out components whilst powered up with the water damage if you are unlucky), you also get a latency effect with any damaged phones were components will later fail because of this damage either directly from the water itself, or from the minerals left behind after the water has dried.
    This damage can also be a safety risk too as any damage may cause your phone to heat up and eventually destroy itself through heat damage too from damaged power components, so the sad truth is the best way to overcome any water damaged phone is to scrap it and get a new one. Expensive I know, but true.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-17-14 06:46 AM
    The bad news is that any water damaged phones whilst drying them out with rice or dessicant may get it to work for a while again if you are lucky (the phone could have shorted out components whilst powered up with the water damage if you are unlucky), you also get a latency effect with any damaged phones were components will later fail because of this damage either directly from the water itself, or from the minerals left behind after the water has dried.
    This damage can also be a safety risk too as any damage may cause your phone to heat up and eventually destroy itself through heat damage too from damaged power components, so the sad truth is the best way to overcome any water damaged phone is to scrap it and get a new one. Expensive I know, but true.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Yeah I'm experiencing some of those heat symptoms similar to when I installed os leaks. Will see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 06:07 PM
    As funny as it sounds. Put it in a freezer before water freezes it evaporates.

I've fixed hundreds of phones this way.

In squircle we trust.
    05-17-14 06:54 PM
    As funny as it sounds. Put it in a freezer before water freezes it evaporates.

I've fixed hundreds of phones this way.

In squircle we trust.
    And I thought I was the only one
    I always place it in a rice bag, inside the freezer
    And it works lol.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    05-17-14 07:03 PM
    I wonder why we do not allow several threads about a possible leak, but we allow a tin of thread about people still posting the same exact thing: 'I dropped my phone in water, what do I do???'.

Plenty of threads in the forum already about this, and they all state the *same exact thing*.

Just use the search function already.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    05-17-14 07:08 PM
    If you wouldn't bring a sandwich into the bathroom, don't bring a phone either.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by incongruent; 05-19-14 at 07:13 AM.
    05-17-14 07:47 PM
    Actually I have never used rice when drying out a phone. Always popped it in the airing cupboard for a few days and everything has worked out fine. Allowing to dry naturally.

I guess it could be worse and it could be half a mug of coffee sloshing around at the bottom of a very expensive gaming laptop

I hope when dropping it down the toilet it was after a clean flush :/
    05-17-14 07:52 PM
37 12