12-17-13 05:56 AM
116 ... 345
tools
    If u only use a few apps u going to be happy!!! Also with 10.2.1 os version o mmy it's a breeze to install android apk files directly from phone. I love my bb10 does everything and more than ifone. It's like ifone android and bb all in one device

BB702
    11-26-13 07:30 PM
    Why not just get the Z30?

sent from my galaxy note 3
    5 WORDS....The ability to change batteries
    11-26-13 07:36 PM
    Thanks Omnitech for the email explanation!

My pleasure.

Now that I think about it, I haven't had a truncated email on my Z10 and I can't think of anything I haven't been able to open, but thought maybe it was due to the better capabilities of the device..

It is because of the better capabilities. That was one of the downsides of BIS, it has a hard limit on email attachment size. (which is larger than it used to be but it's still a smallish limit. I think it's now 6MB.)

No more "clock of death" either.
    11-26-13 08:33 PM
    5 WORDS....The ability to change batteries
    .........however the Z30 looks GREAT
    11-26-13 08:34 PM
    Hello after 1 week I can say z10 is great

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 12:21 PM
    A Z10 kills an IPhone in every angle you look at. No lies. Red the specs, see the capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 01:55 PM
    A Z10 kills an IPhone in every angle you look at. No lies. Red the specs, see the capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    Everything except the apps. If someone already have a bunch of money sunk into iOS apps, it'll be hard for them to make the switch...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-08-13 04:14 PM
    And that's exactly how smart they are. To sink a "bunch of money" into apps, and not a productive phone. Go figure.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 04:21 PM
    And that's exactly how smart they are. To sink a "bunch of money" into apps, and not a productive phone. Go figure.

Posted via CB10
    Well, you can't argue it as an issue of intelligence. There isn't a "best" phone, just a phone that's best for you. Some people don't want to use gestures to use a phone and would rather just the simple app loader format of the iphone. Some people like the "convenience" of itunes (I HATE that service and the program...). It also depends on where the person's priorities are. Believe it or not, a lot of people care more about being "cool" and owning the popular electronics of the day over the actual practicality or function of the phone. You see it all of the time, people buying cars that look nice but perform like crap, form over function is what some people find more important. Obviously you and I don't feel that way and would rather have a phone that gets things done rather than one where we can show off as a statement of our "coolness" or whatever. Or a phone that they can play games on or use instagram on, etc. Etc.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-08-13 05:04 PM
    Well, I can say I'm on board with the way you're thinking. Productivity matters more to me. Getting the job done, otherwise what's the point of doing the job ?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 05:22 PM
    Well, you can't argue it as an issue of intelligence. There isn't a "best" phone, just a phone that's best for you. Some people don't want to use gestures to use a phone and would rather just the simple app loader format of the iphone. Some people like the "convenience" of itunes (I HATE that service and the program...). It also depends on where the person's priorities are. Believe it or not, a lot of people care more about being "cool" and owning the popular electronics of the day over the actual practicality or function of the phone. You see it all of the time, people buying cars that look nice but perform like crap, form over function is what some people find more important. Obviously you and I don't feel that way and would rather have a phone that gets things done rather than one where we can show off as a statement of our "coolness" or whatever. Or a phone that they can play games on or use instagram on, etc. Etc.

My years in the retail electronics biz taught me, among other things, that MANY customers aren't actually able to distinguish a good product from a crappy or mediocre product. It basically all comes down to perceptions and mental game-playing.

This actually is a key thing that drove me out of that business. People buy and own things for all sorts of strange and irrational reasons, especially when you are talking about mass-market products, something that smartphones definitely are these days.

So people buy them because:

• Their friends have one
    • Someone they respect has one (celebrities, athletes, boss, family-member, etc.)
    • Advertising impressions / hype
    • Some self-described "expert" recommended it
    • Some media publication recommended it (many of which have direct financial conflict-of-interest)
    • Etc.

What I discovered is that MOST people simply want to be mentally-convinced that they made "the right decision", regardless what that decision is... especially because many people are just not very good judges of technology.

You will find that salespeople in mobile-phone stores tend to be very very opinionated about the products, and for people who are overwhelmed by all the details this works because people want to be told what to buy. Steve Jobs famously said that in many cases "...people don't know what they want until you make it." And this is actually true.

So there's a sheep effect. And the companies that know this and capitalize on it for these types of products will succeed. That was Apple's genius. But even they couldn't prevail over a free OS used by 150 different device vendors including the vertically-integrated copycat company that makes more money today than the next 10 smartphone competitors combined.
    12-08-13 10:47 PM
    Point being ? And " no idea what they want until they make it " ? What is it exactly YOU want in a smartphone ? I bet in your case, the day will never come that YOU will ever be satisfied.

Overall, I can say I am. Speak for yourself.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:55 PM
    Point being?

The point being that as is the case with many mass consumer products, people often make irrational buying decisions.

There's only so much a vendor can do about producing superior technology products if people are simply getting something because all their buddies have them.

RIM/BlackBerry never quite got the hang of the mass consumer marketplace and what it takes to break into it when you're the underdog. (They came into it being the dominant player, based on their corporate usage, so never had to out-market rivals in the consumer space.)

Ironically even with their stated goal to focus more on professionals and enterprises, even there you still have to gain mindshare amongst the mass consumer market in many ways to make headway in the enterprise market. This is what Apple and Android are benefitting from with the BYOD trend.

Which is why I think BlackBerry still needs to make a go at the consumer market and not abandon that.
    12-08-13 11:38 PM
    Of course !

I agree. They really need to stand by their PlayBook, and either update it with a different OS which is spiced up and more modern, or create a new BB10 tablet. They need to keep up with the market and deliver... on all levels.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 11:45 PM
    My years in the retail electronics biz taught me, among other things, that MANY customers aren't actually able to distinguish a good product from a crappy or mediocre product. It basically all comes down to perceptions and mental game-playing.

This actually is a key thing that drove me out of that business. People buy and own things for all sorts of strange and irrational reasons, especially when you are talking about mass-market products, something that smartphones definitely are these days.

So people buy them because:

• Their friends have one
    • Someone they respect has one (celebrities, athletes, boss, family-member, etc.)
    • Advertising impressions / hype
    • Some self-described "expert" recommended it
    • Some media publication recommended it (many of which have direct financial conflict-of-interest)
    • Etc.

What I discovered is that MOST people simply want to be mentally-convinced that they made "the right decision", regardless what that decision is... especially because many people are just not very good judges of technology.

You will find that salespeople in mobile-phone stores tend to be very very opinionated about the products, and for people who are overwhelmed by all the details this works because people want to be told what to buy. Steve Jobs famously said that in many cases "...people don't know what they want until you make it." And this is actually true.

So there's a sheep effect. And the companies that know this and capitalize on it for these types of products will succeed. That was Apple's genius. But even they couldn't prevail over a free OS used by 150 different device vendors including the vertically-integrated copycat company that makes more money today than the next 10 smartphone competitors combined.
    Yep, totally agree with your statement.
    12-09-13 02:00 AM
    some people say the front of the z10 looks like the back of an iphone (but with a screen of course)!! i hope then that u were referring to the os and not the physical look, cos it would seem there is abit of irony in ur post
    Really late.. but yes I absolutely meant the OS. The phone looks really good. My bad

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:56 AM
116 ... 345