12-17-13 05:56 AM
116 123 ...
tools
    Hey Folks,
    Been a long time since I posted here. This Wednesday I'll be a blackberry owner again.
    I was due for an upgrade, was using a droid but thought hey let's try an iPhone and see what all the hype is about..... Bleh... Not to knock stuff but man, it looked and felt like the perfect phone for teen age girls :-/. I used to have a BB Storm and always missed it, but when VZW got 4G I went with a droid. The droid served me well but I guess I still missed the solid professional look, feel and function of a blackberry. So after a disappointing 4 days with the iPhone 5 it's on its way back, happily paying the 35 dollar restocking fee and a free Z10 is en'route to me :-)

I see BB even has a clock/ weather widget like android has? So does it reside right on the home screen like on a droid? iPhone has no widgets, no flash content, looks cheesy and juvenile, operates cumbersome , can't browse or get any data while on phone since it uses 3G for talk.... Can't wait for the BB to arrive!

I use my phone for business and only use a few apps so this should fit me nicely.

Cheers folks!
    Ron
    11-23-13 01:57 PM
    Welcome back!

What weather widget are you talking about? There aren't any widgets that work on BB10 yet.
    There is an app called Wallpaper Changer HD that adds the weather (or other things) to a super status bar though...

Enjoy the Z10. I love mine.
    11-23-13 02:01 PM
    Welcome back to Black and Crack! :P

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 02:03 PM
    Only a matter of time until you succumb to installing leaks. I was scared at first (well not really), and it was so easy I'm glad I did it!

Posted via CB10
    hindsketchup238 likes this.
    11-23-13 02:04 PM
    Hey Folks,
    Been a long time since I posted here. This Wednesday I'll be a blackberry owner again.
    I was due for an upgrade, was using a droid but thought hey let's try an iPhone and see what all the hype is about..... Bleh... Not to knock stuff but man, it looked and felt like the perfect phone for teen age girls :-/. I used to have a BB Storm and always missed it, but when VZW got 4G I went with a droid. The droid served me well but I guess I still missed the solid professional look, feel and function of a blackberry. So after a disappointing 4 days with the iPhone 5 it's on its way back, happily paying the 35 dollar restocking fee and a free Z10 is en'route to me :-)

I see BB even has a clock/ weather widget like android has? So does it reside right on the home screen like on a droid? iPhone has no widgets, no flash content, looks cheesy and juvenile, operates cumbersome , can't browse or get any data while on phone since it uses 3G for talk.... Can't wait for the BB to arrive!

I use my phone for business and only use a few apps so this should fit me nicely.

Cheers folks!
    Ron
    Why not just get the Z30?

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    RyanGermann likes this.
    11-23-13 02:05 PM
    With OS 10.2.1.1055 the clock has weather with the locations. This can be left open as a active frame. Widgets do not happen on the OS but active frames are similar.

Glad to see you are coming back. I will say to make sure you update your phone to the most current OS. Later you may want to try a leak but get to know BlackBerry 10 first. Also there are some features missing from BlackBerry 10 that BlackBerry OS had but you will still love you Z10.

If you have issues CB community is always here.
    11-23-13 02:06 PM
    Thanks everyone!

I saw a weather app called a widget, just relooked, I guess it's not but no biggie :-)

Having BB email again will be great. Does blackberry still push emails instantly or does it gather every so often like android?

Yes leaks, side loading..... New stuff to learn!
    Only one app I would like that I don't see on the app world so maybe I can learn and try to side load. So is a leak a newer os version not quite released?

Thanks folks!
    smithy67 likes this.
    11-23-13 02:11 PM
    Why not just get the Z30?

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    I'd rather the Z30 but Z10 free vs Z30 199.00.........
    stackberry369 likes this.
    11-23-13 02:13 PM
    Yes emails are still pushed.
    11-23-13 02:24 PM
    Yes emails are still pushed.
    Awesome.... I loved that on my old storm. No more refreshing over and over when I'm waiting for an important message :-)
    11-23-13 02:35 PM
    Welcome back!

What weather widget are you talking about? There aren't any widgets that work on BB10 yet.
    There is an app called Wallpaper Changer HD that adds the weather (or other things) to a super status bar though...

Enjoy the Z10. I love mine.
    26000+ posts? Wow!
    11-23-13 02:37 PM
    Hey Folks,

Cheers folks!
    Ron
    Congrats! Z10 beats iPhone 5S by miles. Z10 can do a lot, such as its flick typing, Integrated communication Hub, keep-moving active frames for multitasking, time shift mode camera, instant preview and actionable message reply. iPhone looks childish especially on iOS 7. I also ditched iPhone for Z10. Never regret!
    11-23-13 02:39 PM
    nice to see you back....
    11-23-13 02:59 PM
    Enjoy the ride (again) mate!
    11-23-13 03:04 PM
    I think you came back at a very good time. The integration of the new OS features is superb. Especially with the latest 1055 leak.

You are really going to love your Z10 now. Welcome and enjoy!

Posted from my gorgeous Z30
    11-23-13 03:21 PM
    Cool you guys are getting me more excited for it to arrive
    11-23-13 03:24 PM
    Spend the $200, you'll be happy that you did. The extra battery power is going to be worth it for you.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 03:35 PM
    Welcome back to the smack of the crack. Just did it a week ago. So good.
    11-23-13 03:36 PM
    I hear you on the Storm. I had the Storm and Storm 2. I thought they were very cool and I loved the size especially when wearing a suit. You will love the Z10! There is so much that you can do with this phone and it too is not to cumbersome or or too large. The portability of the Z10 is unmatched. You got yours for free, wise choice! Enjoy moving forward!!!
    11-23-13 03:59 PM
    Just got a z10 too.. should be here next week.

I do prefer large phones like the z30, but if I get a 5 inch phone it has to make use of the screen size. Seems like samsung is the only one to take advantage of that. I also have a gnote.
    11-23-13 04:14 PM
    Spend the $200, you'll be happy that you did. The extra battery power is going to be worth it for you.

Posted via CB10
    If I had the cash :-)
    11-23-13 04:31 PM
    I hear you on the Storm. I had the Storm and Storm 2. I thought they were very cool and I loved the size especially when wearing a suit. You will love the Z10! There is so much that you can do with this phone and it too is not to cumbersome or or too large. The portability of the Z10 is unmatched. You got yours for free, wise choice! Enjoy moving forward!!!
    Very cool thanks!
    11-23-13 04:31 PM
    Welcome back to the smack of the crack. Just did it a week ago. So good.
    No complaints so far after a week?

Also on the iphone I had to use apple voicemail instead of Verizon's and apples is very limited
    11-23-13 04:33 PM
    HA!! Cool back on the CRACK! Loved the Z10 but Lovin my Z30 Sooooooooo much more!! Z10 on the way, bye bye iphone-getattachment.jpg
    digi_ice likes this.
    11-23-13 04:39 PM
    welcome back to BB and Crck! nice tool!
    11-23-13 05:09 PM
116 123 ...