Welcome back OP
    you will love it. I don't use all apps, so app world is enough for me. A complete feel of swipe is awesome. I never installed a leak, still loving and once you install 10.2 version you will be able to use more features than 10.1.
    11-24-13 11:58 AM
    Welcome back OP
    you will love it. I don't use all apps, so app world is enough for me. A complete feel of swipe is awesome. I never installed a leak, still loving and once you install 10.2 version you will be able to use more features than 10.1.
    So is 10.2 a leak or released os upgrade?

Is there a thread on here that tells what changes from each os upgrade to the next?

Thanks!
    11-24-13 12:02 PM
    The latest leak 10.2.1 has several fairly major changes. The most important is the ability to directly load APK's instead of needing to convert to BAR then side load from a pc. This opens up the app ranges to include Android apps.

So other nice enhancements are the Hub can now be pinched to hide all read msgs or to only see msgs labeled as Priority.
    The picture password lock screen is very nice. No more worrying someone is looking over your shoulder when entering a pwd.
    I think the new leak also adds FM radio activation, but seems only for the non z10 models :-(
    Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 12:12 PM
    The latest leak 10.2.1 has several fairly major changes. The most important is the ability to directly load APK's instead of needing to convert to BAR then side load from a pc. This opens up the app ranges to include Android apps.

So other nice enhancements are the Hub can now be pinched to hide all read msgs or to only see msgs labeled as Priority.
    The picture password lock screen is very nice. No more worrying someone is looking over your shoulder when entering a pwd.
    I think the new leak also adds FM radio activation, but seems only for the non z10 models :-(
    Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Cool thanks very much!
    If a person is happy with app world then no real need to install that leak?
    11-24-13 12:27 PM
    Cool thanks very much!
    If a person is happy with app world then no real need to install that leak?
    I wouldn't load the leak at all. I'm not a fan of betas. the latest 10.2.0 is good enough. 10.2.1 will be here in time.

Posted via CB10
    semperfi45 likes this.
    11-24-13 12:47 PM
    So is 10.2 a leak or released os upgrade?

Is there a thread on here that tells what changes from each os upgrade to the next?

Thanks!
    10.2 is an official OS upgrade in other parts of the world, but Verizon still has 10.1 as the official OS. And it took them quite a while to get that one released....feel like I'm missing out by sticking with the official OS. I just may have to try to install a leak....
    Intense Soul likes this.
    11-24-13 12:47 PM
    10.2 is an official OS upgrade in other parts of the world, but Verizon still has 10.1 as the official OS. And it took them quite a while to get that one released....feel like I'm missing out by sticking with the official OS. I just may have to try to install a leak....
    I will wait for a couple f weeks or so. After that, I will install a leak. But still counting on Verizon thou in case any speedy update
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    11-24-13 12:55 PM
    Ah ok so 10.2 is official but Vzw hasn't officially released it?
    11-24-13 01:06 PM
    That is correct...hopefully soon...the Z30 comes with 10.2 though, so I would think it wouldn't be too long...
    11-24-13 01:13 PM
    Yeah my co-worker told me today that she uses her husband's deactivated iPhone 4 as an ipod and for apps using only wi-fi and the phone still receives imessages from her husband's friends. She says good thing it's her and not somebody else using the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I don't think it happens to everyone but I know for those that it does. It's a major pain.
    11-24-13 02:55 PM
    Yes emails are still pushed.
    no e mails are not pushed unless your e mail account is active sync or you're on a BES10 server
    11-24-13 02:57 PM
    The verizon rep said they functioned almost the same but the 30 has a bigger screen and battery life, otherwise very similar. True?
    Z30 is much faster then the Z10 and offers different features and much more robust USB features, you can actually plug a USB stick into the microusb with an adapter and load files from the stick ratehr then store them on your SD or phone. also yeilds better speakers and micophone capabilities
    11-24-13 03:03 PM
    no e mails are not pushed unless your e mail account is active sync or you're on a BES10 server
    Where did you get this info?

The BB NOC Servers still connect to the specified mail server and push the mails through to you unless your mail server has limitations preventing this.

I have an IMAP mail server and tested this...the mails come through not even ten seconds after being sent.

Both my GMail and my personal domain mails are pushed to my device.

I don't see why the OP would have to wait for mails.
    chrizrun30 and sinlessearth like this.
    11-24-13 03:16 PM
    Where did you get this info?

The BB NOC Servers still connect to the specified mail server and push the mails through to you unless your mail server has limitations preventing this.

I have an IMAP mail server and tested this...the mails come through not even ten seconds after being sent.

Both my GMail and my personal domain mails are pushed to my device.

I don't see why the OP would have to wait for mails.
    Nharzhool right. Emails are still pushed. Try to send email to your email accounts and it will be delivered directly to your device.
    11-24-13 03:57 PM
    Welcome back!

What weather widget are you talking about? There aren't any widgets that work on BB10 yet.
    There is an app called Wallpaper Changer HD that adds the weather (or other things) to a super status bar though...

Enjoy the Z10. I love mine.
    The built in weather and clock apps act as widgets if you minimize them. That's the point of active frames, they are widget knockoffs

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 04:00 PM
    I've never actually owned an iDevice apart from an iPod several years ago. I went into one of the local phone shops expecting to be blown away by the device based on its demand. I was stunned at how that system has swayed so many users. I didn't find it to be all that impressive at all.

Basically I was expecting it to outclass my Z10, and walked away even more sure of my Z10 purchase.

?10
    11-24-13 04:16 PM
    Grab the Z30!

?10
    11-24-13 04:17 PM
    Nharzhool right. Emails are still pushed. Try to send email to your email accounts and it will be delivered directly to your device.
    thats because when you send it also checks your messages, or else there is a lag between when you get your messages. and not a few seconds its a few miutes delay and more then one come at once. i perfer the way legacy decives like my 9900 handled my e mail but there is not way the BIS server will push the messages to my Z10 like my 9900 did.

if i'm doing something wrong then please tell me how i can my my e mail act like it did on my 9900
    11-24-13 04:40 PM
    Ios 7 looks like romper room. Tooooo girly for me.

Z30. " I'm back in black. Yes I'm back in black!!! "
    11-24-13 05:15 PM
    I don't know anything about the network or anything, but I do get all my emails instantly on my Z10 - faster than on my computer at work, actually, so as a doe-eyed newb, I'd say BlackBerry does push the email. But I don't know outside the four accounts I receive.

How would one get a definitive answer on this? Call BlackBerry?
    11-24-13 05:18 PM
    Ios 7 looks like romper room. Tooooo girly for me.

Z30. " I'm back in black. Yes I'm back in black!!! "
    Lol I agree!
    DJM626 likes this.
    11-24-13 09:21 PM
    I don't know anything about the network or anything, but I do get all my emails instantly on my Z10 - faster than on my computer at work, actually, so as a doe-eyed newb, I'd say BlackBerry does push the email. But I don't know outside the four accounts I receive.

How would one get a definitive answer on this? Call BlackBerry?
    Unless they changed it , when I had my storm, I did talk to a bb tech who helped me setup and said they pushed emails. My emails were my ISP verizon.net mails back then and they came in instantly without fetching. So if they still do that, that will be cool
    11-24-13 09:24 PM
    Yes, 10.2 was officially released by BlackBerry to many carriers worldwide. The officially released OS version was 10.2.0.1791. This can be downloaded and installed on your Verizon Z10 via a tool called Sachesi. It is a nice, stable update and brings a wealth of new features. If you choose to go this route, you will find detailed information in the following posts and threads:

Crackberry post: How to get the OS 10.2 update right now | CrackBerry.com

The thread that inspired above post: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-864288/

I was new to side loading and leaks, but was able to install the official 10.2.0.1791 on my Verizon Q10 with no hiccups, using the instructions from the above links. Then I got bolder and loaded a leak, i.e., 10.2.1.1055. I don't believe I shall wait for the US Carriers to push out the updates from now on :-) .

And, of course, Welcome back to BB land!
    Dave Bourque and Bdot-1 like this.
    11-25-13 12:18 AM
    Trust us... as soon as you get it, load the leaked OS 10.2.1.1055. It's stunningly good.
    meltbox360 likes this.
    11-25-13 02:18 AM
    Awesome.... I loved that on my old storm. No more refreshing over and over when I'm waiting for an important message :-)
    Actually, sinless is half correct. It doesn't push all emails like the old-school BB's because it no longer uses BIS. But for email services that support active sync, those will be pushed to the phone. So it's not all email services. I recommend Outlook. It uses activesync and I get emails instantly with that. :-)
    GTiLeo likes this.
    11-25-13 03:26 AM
116 12345