welcome
    I did something similar. was thinking about nexus 5.. but with such price for Z10 - YOU CANNOT FAIL.

MOTO G, which is in same price category - has LOWER specs (camera, etc.) and is not a comparison!
    11-23-13 05:30 PM
    Hey Folks,
    Been a long time since I posted here. This Wednesday I'll be a blackberry owner again.
    I was due for an upgrade, was using a droid but thought hey let's try an iPhone and see what all the hype is about..... Bleh... Not to knock stuff but man, it looked and felt like the perfect phone for teen age girls :-/. I used to have a BB Storm and always missed it, but when VZW got 4G I went with a droid. The droid served me well but I guess I still missed the solid professional look, feel and function of a blackberry. So after a disappointing 4 days with the iPhone 5 it's on its way back, happily paying the 35 dollar restocking fee and a free Z10 is en'route to me :-)

I see BB even has a clock/ weather widget like android has? So does it reside right on the home screen like on a droid? iPhone has no widgets, no flash content, looks cheesy and juvenile, operates cumbersome , can't browse or get any data while on phone since it uses 3G for talk.... Can't wait for the BB to arrive!

I use my phone for business and only use a few apps so this should fit me nicely.

Cheers folks!
    Ron
    you are making a big mistake
    boi2012 and amjass12 like this.
    11-23-13 06:00 PM
    you are making a big mistake
    Why?
    11-23-13 06:03 PM
    Awesome.... I loved that on my old storm. No more refreshing over and over when I'm waiting for an important message :-)
    Emails are pushed, but are being pushed just like android and not the old way you're probably were expecting when Blackberry was pushing the emails instantly through their servers. It's not being pushed instantly through BIS.

I hope you're not disappointed when you find out that it's a totally new experience and not the Blackberry legacy experience you're probably hoping for. The only thing that might be familiar as far as BB Legacy is the imprinted words '"Blackberry" and BBM, which you can get on your Droid.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    11-23-13 06:14 PM
    Welcome back! If you want to feel amazed at what Blackberry is cooking up for tomorrow today, then I'd love to invite you to download their latest and greatest Beta OS. (10.2.1.1055) You're going to love it, and you'll will find yourself addicted like many of us Crackberrians. A recent poll asked how many are running the new beta OS, and over 2,000 are already enjoying the new goodies. Goodies that will make you proficient extra efficient of course
    bbtino likes this.
    11-23-13 06:18 PM
    Just got a z10 too.. should be here next week.

I do prefer large phones like the z30, but if I get a 5 inch phone it has to make use of the screen size. Seems like samsung is the only one to take advantage of that. I also have a gnote.
    Now if blackberry makes a galaxy note 3 type phone with a srylus......

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    11-23-13 06:21 PM
    Welcome back!

Hope you enjoy your experience with BlackBerry 10. I made the move back after trying an iPhone 4s for about a year and a half and haven't regretted it for a second. In fact, it's been such a great phone and operating system that my girlfriend decided to get one about 2 weeks after me and 3 of my coworkers purchased them as well (2 Z10's and a Q5). I can say with certainty that this is the best phone I've ever had.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 07:21 PM
    HA!! Cool back on the CRACK! Loved the Z10 but Lovin my Z30 Sooooooooo much more!! Attachment 223670
    The verizon rep said they functioned almost the same but the 30 has a bigger screen and battery life, otherwise very similar. True?
    11-23-13 07:27 PM
    The verizon rep said they functioned almost the same but the 30 has a bigger screen and battery life, otherwise very similar. True?
    Yes that is somewhat true. The Z30 is a tad bit snapper due in part to its 1.7 GHZ dual core but honestly, the average consumer would never notice the difference with everyday use.

It all boils down to form factor. I like my Z10 with its 4.2 inch display, not to big and bigger then an iPhone! Also worth a mention, there seems to be some apps within BlackBerry World that are present for the Z10 but not for the Z30 e.g. NFL mobile app is available on Z10 bit not on Z30.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    11-23-13 10:43 PM
    Having BB email again will be great. Does blackberry still push emails instantly or does it gather every so often like android?
    Not sure about everything else, but as of free email services, Yahoo is pull, while anything Gmail based is push.
    11-23-13 10:52 PM
    Email handles the same now across all big three brands. It'll be provider specific

Posted by CB11
    11-23-13 11:12 PM
    I was very tempted to move on after being with blackberry for a few years, when I purchased my Z10 back in March. After downloading the 10.2 leak a few months back I am really enjoying this phone!!! I'm tempted to download the newer .1055 but I don't know if downloading another leak is for me right now; I never restore, so I would have to start from scratch again. I might wait till some of the bugs get worked out. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR NEW PHONE!!!
    11-23-13 11:24 PM
    Is it true that before you use another phone besides iphones, you have to deactivate the imessage thingy? Otherwise people could still send imessages to the iPhone that you're no longer using?

Congratulations on the purchase and by the look of it, you're happy to get cracking again! I am so addicted to installing leak OS's and OS 10.2.1.1055 has been the best one so far! I was scared at first but by following instructions from other members to do a full backup before handling anything and I was good to go on crack!

Z30 has the latest Paratek antenna so it can offer better connections in areas with weak cellular signals compared other phones. It also has USB to go or USB Hub (not sure what they're calling it) so it allows you to plug in a USB drive via a connection device to act like a laptop or computer I heard, which sounds awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nhanken; 11-24-13 at 12:10 AM.
    11-23-13 11:57 PM
    Is it true that before you use another phone besides iphones, you have to deactivate the imessage thingy? Otherwise people could still send imessages to the iPhone that you're no longer using?

Congratulations on the purchase and by the look of it, you're happy to get cracking again! I am so addicted to installing leak OS's and OS 10.2.1.1055 has been the best one so far! I was scared at first but by following instructions from other members to do a full backup before handling anything and I was good to go on crack!

Z30 has the latest Paratek antenna so it can offer better connections in areas with weak cellular signals compared other phones. It also has USB to go or USB Hub (not sure what they're calling it) so it allows you to plug in a USB drive via a connection device to act like a laptop or computer I heard, which sounds awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Omg. Yes it's true that you have to disable your phone number from your Apple ID for iMessage in order for the switch to go smoothly. I don't think this is 100% the case (I hear for some this is the case but others report that it isn't) but I switch phones constantly and am always running into this problem when moving from an iPhone to something else.
    11-24-13 12:20 AM
    Omg. Yes it's true that you have to disable your phone number from your Apple ID for iMessage in order for the switch to go smoothly. I don't think this is 100% the case (I hear for some this is the case but others report that it isn't) but I switch phones constantly and am always running into this problem when moving from an iPhone to something else.
    Yeah my co-worker told me today that she uses her husband's deactivated iPhone 4 as an ipod and for apps using only wi-fi and the phone still receives imessages from her husband's friends. She says good thing it's her and not somebody else using the phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 12:53 AM
    OP... welcome back. I'm sure you will enjoy your choice in device, just as so many others are enjoying their choices in device. The truth is there is no "one size fits all" phone, and we are all individual.

Use the forums to the fullest extent that you can, get the CB10 app, and never let anyone give you any guff about choosing a $0 Z10 over a $199 Z30.

The sales person did not lie, the Z10 and Z30 are incredibly similar devices, but the Z10 does have a better screen resolution while the Z30 has Miracast (think using your TV to display a presentation wirelessly from your phone). Whites also display more accurately on the 10 over the 30 due to screen technology used in each phone. Just a couple little things. The big thing for most people is the significantly improved battery life. But either way you will be happy with your Z10.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    11-24-13 01:48 AM
    Indeed, iPhone looks like a teenager's phone. I absolutely don't like it
    11-24-13 04:02 AM
    Welcome back the blackberry and and crackberry side if u do. I have a Z10 myself. Perfect size and phone while running on 10.2.1.1055 operating system.
    11-24-13 09:24 AM
    Why not just get the Z30?

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    Doesn't fit in a pocket as well!
    11-24-13 09:58 AM
    Hey Folks,
    Been a long time since I posted here. This Wednesday I'll be a blackberry owner again.
    I was due for an upgrade, was using a droid but thought hey let's try an iPhone and see what all the hype is about..... Bleh... Not to knock stuff but man, it looked and felt like the perfect phone for teen age girls :-/. I used to have a BB Storm and always missed it, but when VZW got 4G I went with a droid. The droid served me well but I guess I still missed the solid professional look, feel and function of a blackberry. So after a disappointing 4 days with the iPhone 5 it's on its way back, happily paying the 35 dollar restocking fee and a free Z10 is en'route to me :-)

I see BB even has a clock/ weather widget like android has? So does it reside right on the home screen like on a droid? iPhone has no widgets, no flash content, looks cheesy and juvenile, operates cumbersome , can't browse or get any data while on phone since it uses 3G for talk.... Can't wait for the BB to arrive!

I use my phone for business and only use a few apps so this should fit me nicely.

Cheers folks!
    Ron
    So a quick question for you. Did the drop in Z10 pricing provide an additional stimulus to come back to black? Would be interested in knowing.
    11-24-13 10:07 AM
    congrats on coming back!
    11-24-13 10:13 AM
    Love the Z10, awesome choice.
    11-24-13 10:51 AM
    I am one of those who were using a iPhone5 and Galaxy S4. When a fren show me the Z10, i was impressed and went out to buy a new Z10. I am very please with the BB Hub, Flow, Peek and multitasking....
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    11-24-13 11:35 AM
    Yes that is somewhat true. The Z30 is a tad bit snapper due in part to its 1.7 GHZ dual core but honestly, the average consumer would never notice the difference with everyday use.

It all boils down to form factor. I like my Z10 with its 4.2 inch display, not to big and bigger then an iPhone! Also worth a mention, there seems to be some apps within BlackBerry World that are present for the Z10 but not for the Z30 e.g. NFL mobile app is available on Z10 bit not on Z30.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    Cool, thanks for the answer :-)
    11-24-13 11:41 AM
    Thanks for all the replies, let me answer everyone here

Sergeant n b dot- my emails are server type, like roadrunner.com. My old storm used to instantly push them rather than fetch like every 15min

Aming63- 10.2 leak? What does that change over the stock os? What makes it better about that? So you have to backup the phone, update then restore so you don't lose all your. Data?

Nhanken- I was droid for 2 years then iphone for 4 days, never even used iPhones message thing

Jomo- thanks for the info, for me the z10 size will be better, pocket fitting is important to me too

Thbw- the free price helped but I would have paid 99 for it once I read it's specs and the great reviews. Now they'd have to pay ME to use an iPhone haha
    scrapmetal58 and THBW like this.
    11-24-13 11:57 AM
116 1234 ...