I bought an unlocked z10 from eBay for around $100 and it should arrive in a few days. I consider it a steal considering the relatively high price of newer Blackberries and that it was a flagship device in 2013. I am a Windows phone user (Lumia 521 & Huawei W1) and have always wanted to give Blackberry 10 a try. I will let everyone know what my impressions are compared to my low end Windows devices.
    06-10-15 11:40 AM
    Congrats! Though I do hope it's not being sold cheap for a reason - is it supposed to be new?

Anyway, apart from the somewhat weak battery and the dodgy STL1 variant, the Z10 is an excellent device and a good intro to BB10. Enjoy.
    06-10-15 11:46 AM
    Looking forward to hear about your experience! I'm assuming you have done enough reassuring research to make the call rather than just for the pure benefit of the cost. If you have not, you should make it a priority to familiarize yourself with the OS as much as possible through any video tutorials you can put your eyes on... That will leap you forward and prevent you any frustrations arising during your, hopefully, permanent transition!
    06-10-15 11:51 AM
    @Werner69: It appears to me as if you were a good economist: three mobile phones at low cost. Cool! I was not quite as good. I bought my Z10 also at a lower price, when it was about 320. It gave me rich experiences and was noble way to me to dive into the smartphone world. Certainly, you won't be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 01:54 PM
    Z10 is still very expensive at some (morron) webshops in my country. Z10 is actually a very good BlackBerry device with a very nice screen resolution and OS.

Succes!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 04:32 PM
    The Z10 is an excellent device but the battery is a glaring weakness. Do yourself a huge favor and get a couple of extra batteries and/or a battery charger kit with the extra battery! Buy it from BlackBerry just to be sure it works.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    06-10-15 09:30 PM
    Z10 is an awesome device. Aside from not having the best rated battery, It's the reason I haven't upgraded. If BlackBerry came out with an updated Z10 with better battery and all the specs the same as it is...I'd choose that as my upgrade. It simply just works for me.

Hope you enjoy it and congrats.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    nevertoofar likes this.
    06-10-15 09:38 PM
    I've heard about the battery issue but if it can give me the same hours as my Lumia, 10 to 12 hours of moderate use I'll be happy. Have played with bb10 on a virtual machine but it is quite limited in functionality and performance is horrible.
    06-11-15 10:06 AM
    I've heard about the battery issue but if it can give me the same hours as my Lumia, 10 to 12 hours of moderate use I'll be happy. Have played with bb10 on a virtual machine but it is quite limited in functionality and performance is horrible.
    Run in Battery Saving Mode from 100% and you'll blow the Lumia out of the water.

Add Battery Saving Mode and Brightness to your Quick Settings Menu and you'll be sorted.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 04:08 AM
    you'll be addicted to the software and everything else in that phone

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 11:43 AM
    Honestly, if BlackBerry had not dropped the price of the Z30 around thanksgiving last year, I wouldn't have bought it and stayed with my Z10.

At first I was content to have a spare battery with me but I took the plunge and bought an extended battery. Even though it had that ugly hump and made the phone weigh heavier, I was quite satisfied with the battery life. I remember a trip I went on with the extended battery on, I had about 24 hours of moderate use without even having to charge.

On 10.3.2 it has really gotten better, at least in my experience. I use it mostly at home and in the car as a music player now, being replaced by the Passport.

I still think that the Z10 is one of the best phones that I've had and will be keeping it alive.

Posted via CB10

Edit: I bought a wireless charging adapter for it and will try it out as soon as it arrives. I've seen a few posts where it was mentioned. I guess one way or another I'm going to try and mess with this phone just because it's such a fun phone for me. Loading leaks on it all the time too.
    06-13-15 10:56 PM
    Got the phone yesterday. Very impressed with the build quality and super clear screen. The keyboard is excellent. Have installed a few apps from amazon (posting this with android tapatalk) and they work better than I thought they would. The phone is WiFi only at the moment as I need to unlock it. So will report back on the battery and phone performance later.

One thing I am noticing is that the battery drains quite quickly when the screen is on. The system information says that the screen takes the most of the battery. This is my first HD screen phone so maybe HD takes a lot more juice?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    06-19-15 11:23 AM
    Regarding battery life, I'm wondering what OS version it came with. If you just installed some updates, many users experienced higher battery consumption and sluggish performance during "settling period" (say 24 to 48 hours). Afterwards every upgrade has brought with it improvements in battery life, so you might want to give it a bit more time. By the way, be considerate regarding screen brightness and try to find the better battery saving mode that fits your use.
    Another point, was the battery it came with. Was it supposed to be new?

PS. Glad you are enjoying it so far.
    06-19-15 01:05 PM
    It came with 10.3.1 but I just flashed it to 10.2.2. Was curious about the 10.2 variants. One thing IMHO is that it looks much more polished and professional. Performance seems the same,
    06-19-15 03:44 PM
    Try the new 10.3.2. Battery life is improved.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    06-19-15 04:42 PM
    Love my z10 from day one release on Rogers. I haven't upgraded because I love it. It's an awesome phone in my opinion.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    06-19-15 06:53 PM
    You will love it even more. Here is battery life one day after 10.3.2. Once you experience the new OS and get used to it you will see just how much BlackBerry has improved. I would love to see a new review of all the BlackBerry devices on 10.3.2. Finally all BlackBerry 10 devices will be updated to a similar OS.
    z10 on the way-img_20150619_180009.png

Z10 on 10.3.2
    06-19-15 08:09 PM
    So I have been using the phone for a few days. The hub is great and the keyboard is almost perfect. I can tell that a lot of thought went in to this os and it is very polished. The battery has given me about ten hours of heavy use. My windows phones run very well for the low end but this truly is in a different league. Very responsive and I like the blend of the active frames (very windows phone ) and the simplicity of the app icons tray (ios). The hub brings everything together.

The only drawbacks is the battery and the sparse blackberry world. The android run time can't run all the apk's. The apps aren't much of an issue for me as I already have everything I need. I am not a huge app user. The ui is not as simple as some others but very powerful. My 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 08:53 PM
    The battery can be a drawback but if you manage apps that are sipping CPU resources when not in use, switch data from LTE to 4G, and update to the official 10.3.2 you'll be pleasantly surprised with how much battery life you can squeeze out from one full charge.

Plus you can't go wrong with going all in with the classic BlackBerry removable battery experience and get a spare or two with a charging bundle.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    06-24-15 03:40 AM
    Yeah just make sure you leave home 100% charged and plug into your laptop during the day at work, or something and it is great. It is nippy, one handed and has a good sound and screen. I love mine.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 04:29 AM
    10.3.2 really has revitalised my Z10! It's still a great phone. {That's why the Leap is basically a Z10 with a better battery. }

06-24-15 06:26 PM
    10.3.2 really has revitalised my Z10! It's still a great phone. {That's why the Leap is basically a Z10 with a better battery. }

Don't want to load 10.3.2 yet as I heard you can't go back. I have used both 10.2.2 and 10.3.1 each for a few days. Battery life is the same on both. I hate the small non uniform icons on 10.3 but the android run time is faster and supports more apps.

Blackberry 10 is not as smooth as windows phone 8 /8.1. I think this has to do with blackberries real time multitasking as windows suspends a lot of apps to conserve ram. But resume time is almost instant on the z10. Back to the experiment!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 02:41 PM
    I agree the design of the new icons isn't that great. I will say though I'm glad they ditched the shadow around them and managed to squeeze another line of icons in.

Hope you enjoy. I came back from a Sony Z2 and haven't looked back.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 07:45 AM