My friend begging me to buy s4
    Can you give me the hot features of z10 and os 10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:06 AM
    It would probably be easier to go to youtube and watch a comparison. They have plenty of those types of videos up right now.
    11-17-13 11:09 AM
    It would probably be easier to go to youtube and watch a comparison. They have plenty of those types of videos up right now.
    My friend annoys me of his Samsung

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    There are a few threads and an article on the home page talking about the new features. You could also load it up and show him for yourself.
    And finally, who cares what your friend says If you like the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Henraay0623 and CarGuy1368 like this.
    11-17-13 11:13 AM
    Lol it's a decent phone but it's just a matter of preference. I personally don't care for Samsung either but again, it's just a matter of preference. If you like apps then by all means go with a galaxy but just know that you'll be compromising your security. But if you don't really care for apps but still want a phone that is secure and has a unique operating system then go with the Z10. The keyboard on the z10 is far more superior than the one that Galaxy offers, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:19 AM
    If you like apps then by all means go with a galaxy
    This does not matter anymore.

OS 10.2.1.1055 pretty much closed the app gap. There's no more "sideloading" since you can install android apps like a normal app.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:27 AM
    FWIW -- annoy your friend back by telling him the S4 was such a sales disaster for Samsung they took a 32 billion dollar write-down in stock value.
    11-17-13 11:30 AM
    Buy the S4 if you have the money. Go to Craigslist and buy a Z10. It's not worth spending much for it.
    Terser Nori likes this.
    11-17-13 11:54 AM
    FWIW -- annoy your friend back by telling him the S4 was such a sales disaster for Samsung they took a 32 billion dollar write-down in stock value.
    Haha did they really?

9700 ~ 9900 ~ Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-17-13 11:57 AM
    Haha did they really?

If you go this angle, you're going to be like the dude driving around a Honda Fit mocking the guy driving the Porsche with a "haha you're only driving a Porsche when you should be driving a Rolls Royce!"

The SGS4's stock price dropped dramatically since people were expecting the SGS4 to sell 100 million units. In the first 6 months it only sold 40 million units which started to greatly worry stock investors who were expecting 100 million. And to give you an idea how silly it is for a Blackberry person to mock this... 100 million is more than ALL the Blackberry users in the world. Every single Blackberry user worldwide is around 70-72 million.

As for the actual question. If you're willing to give up some of the cool features of Android (of which people here are loathe to admit exists, but they definitely do), a better camera, having to deal with having to side load / install leaks and still have inferior performing apps, then go to the Z10. That sounds bad but the Z10 actually is a pretty fun phone to use. Hub/Peek are neat and the multitasking is very neat too. The added security native to BB I don't care that much about but it's nice to know it's there. I prefer the swipe gestures on BB10 too.

The app gap is hopefully shrinking fast with 10.2 and 10.2.1 and whatever might be next BUT be aware that Android apps do not run quite as well on the BB10 device and more importantly American users are still waiting for 10.2 and might have to wait another 2-3 months for it. Course you can install a leak but you'd give up WiFi calling if you're on T-Mobile.
    devin266 and vgorous like this.
    11-17-13 01:43 PM
    Hahaha poor performing apps? Someone's a Fandroid. They perform just as well and in some cases better than they do on Android. With the release of 10.2 Android apps, ported or sideloaded, run exceptionally well, and I can tell you from my experience with the leaked 10.2.1 and updated Android runtime 4.2.2 they're even better.

If you've had bad experiences with Android apps on a BB10 phone then maybe it was user error and not a problem with the phone.

11-17-13 05:00 PM
    They are both good phones. I bought my wife an S4, she loves it and she was a BB lover. If I wanted an Android phone the S4 is probably what I would buy, it has a slot for a memory card and allows you to swap batteries. She eats batteries, but then again she uses it all the time and is used to an older Blackberry. It is a very good phone.

I lost my Z10 in the Barcelona airport about two months after I got it. I have considered switching to an S4, but have taken my time to think about it. I will most likely get another Z10, I loved it and the OS updates have made it even better from what I read. The only real issue I had was I was unable to get BBM to work onboard ships, where I spend most of my time, despite the fact the internet and email worked fine at sea. The BBM on my 9860 works fine on ships.

I sideloaded quite a few apps and was happy that the sideloaded Skype app allowed me to call from the ship while at sea using Cellular At Sea. This was when BBM wouldn't work. No amount of talking to AT&T, RIM or Cellular At Sea could make it work. Cellular At Sea had a Z10 they were testing and they had BBM working so we never figured out what the issue was.

I will most likely get a Z10 since I do not like the way Google tracks you. The same hold true with Apple. I have always appreciated the security of Blackberries and the way RIM respects your privacy.
    11-17-13 05:23 PM
    I'm picking up a backup Z10 tonight, my regular phone is a Z30, and love it. The Z10 I pick up tonight I'm planning to use to test the 10.2.1 leak on and discover the new love.
    11-17-13 05:56 PM
    If you go this angle, you're going to be like the dude driving around a Honda Fit mocking the guy driving the Porsche with a "haha you're only driving a Porsche when you should be driving a Rolls Royce!"

The SGS4's stock price dropped dramatically since people were expecting the SGS4 to sell 100 million units. In the first 6 months it only sold 40 million units which started to greatly worry stock investors who were expecting 100 million. And to give you an idea how silly it is for a Blackberry person to mock this... 100 million is more than ALL the Blackberry users in the world. Every single Blackberry user worldwide is around 70-72 million.
    Nobody's mocking anyone.. let me help you though: Samsung is one of the top cell phone sellers in the world, if not THE top. The S3 was a killer. So -- here we go now, pay attention -- the S4 was a dud. By their own standards. If they were on their last legs, that would be understandable. Then, one could say no one is buying their phones, which is not true. They're just not buying the S4. But... you can...

And BTW, your first analogy made no sense.
    11-17-13 06:07 PM
    I doubt anybody other than shareholders would actually care, if their device works well. Personally I think Samsung S devices are sweet, I bought a Z10 because I liked the look of it and the philosophy of the OS. BlackBerry 10 has some neat features, as does Android. S4 has better battery life, I think it struggles a lot because the S3 was so good, it's no worse as a device.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 06:27 PM
    Sounds like you need a Z30...

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:13 AM
    My friend begging me to buy s4
    Can you give me the hot features of z10 and os 10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    I know on the S4, you can have two web pages running at the same time. I don't know what real world use there is for this or how much of a pain it is to do it, but it seems cool. Maybe have have a You Tube video going while browsing on another site? I prefer the Hub and keyboard on the Z10 myself. Probably the two best and most used features. The screen on the Z10 is top notch as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:18 AM
    I doubt anybody other than shareholders would actually care, if their device works well. Personally I think Samsung S devices are sweet, I bought a Z10 because I liked the look of it and the philosophy of the OS. BlackBerry 10 has some neat features, as does Android. S4 has better battery life, I think it struggles a lot because the S3 was so good, it's no worse as a device.

Posted via CB10
    Actually... I was just trying to make a joke. However it does point up the fact that -- in the case of both S4 and 10 -- you can make a great phone but unless you know how to sell it... you won't.
    Last edited by scrannel; 11-18-13 at 10:47 AM.
    11-18-13 09:25 AM
    Dropped my z10 screen first and nothing has happened to it. If you drop a Samsung screen first expect a cracked screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 10:00 AM
    However it does point up the fact that -- in the case of both S4 and 10 -- you can make a great phone but unless you know how to sell it... you won't.
    That's very true but I do think on top of that fact the success of the S3 and perhaps not a big enough improvement is Samsung's issue rather than BlackBerry's bumbling and release of a phone late with a half-baked OS.

I do remember a lot of billboards and TV advertisements by Samsung or carriers when the S4 was released. In the UK the Time shift feature was advertised on TV and created a bit of a buzz but I do not recall other features being touted (apart from personal/business separate workspaces which aren't even available to all).

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 05:17 PM
    In my opinion Z10 is more valuable for the money. Especially, S5 may come out Q1 next year. Buying a S4 now is not a good idea.
    11-18-13 05:25 PM