Get a Z30 dude!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:01 PM
    I'm happy with my Z30 but I like Swype, too. I wish we could incorporate it into bb10.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 01:03 AM
    Get both... 350+(z10 price) = maybe around 700... thats equivalent of the iPhone 5s' price. :P

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 03:51 AM
    eBay? Are you sure? I did see the advertisement but I didn't trust it. Can you send me the link to the seller? Did you order yourself and is it safe? Cash-On-Delivery won't be a problem, right?

The alternative was flipkart.com but it's Rs.5k costlier than at eBay.
    Ebay is safe but pick the one that says MANUFACTURER Warranty available.
    The issue wid other pieces widout warranty is u nvr know if something goes wrong the Indian Service Centers won't accept the imported pieces for repair and thats a real pain.

Hence whether u pick Ebay or Flipkart, take something that gives you a manufacturer warranty.

My bet is FLIPKART, because it has better return policies.

IMO : i would go for Z10 anyday. Z10's camera is not out of the world but its not bad as well.. its gud..I have both Z10 n 5s and i can tell you Z10 is way better den 5s.. except for Camera n Touch ID..
    12-20-13 05:47 AM
    I have heard a Nexus 5's camera is a mess, and not on par with iPhones and such, if you are looking for a phone with a good camera, stray away from the Nexus 5 plain and simple.
    12-20-13 05:55 AM
    Z10 all the way

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 06:00 AM
    Ok so I just received my z10 yesterday so I'm just using my first impressions, but so far I'm loving it! I used it for a bit and switched over to the nexus 5 and these two are definitely different devices in so many aspects. Both seem zippy and fast. Of course we all know by now that android has a much bigger app selection, but there are workarounds for that by sideloading. The z10 just looks and feels like a much more premium device than the black and dull nexus. Ane even though the nexus is just a little bit bigger in terms of overall size, I feel that it's much harder to use because there's simply so much more space that your thumbs have to travel in order to type something and navigation in general on the 5 in screen. It was literally tiresome to type something on that 5 in screen, or maybe I just need to change the size of the keyboard...

Now I don't know the gender of the OP, but from a guy's point of view the z10 is much more pocket friendly in terms of slipping it in and out of your jeans pocket. The black back grippy material or the nexus tends to stick to fabric and make it annoying t� take it out of the pocket. It may not make a difference for girls who can just put the phone in their purse.

I'm still getting used to the z10 keyboard, but it's pretty fun to use and is a very different experience than the Android keyboard I have used for s� long.

Those are my first impressions for now, I'll try to post more later.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 09:37 AM
    Get the Z10 and use the money saved vs. N5 to get a high capacity micro SD card and an extra battery.

Posted via Z30
    12-20-13 09:44 AM
    I have heard a Nexus 5's camera is a mess, and not on par with iPhones and such, if you are looking for a phone with a good camera, stray away from the Nexus 5 plain and simple.
    The camera had some slow focus issues and problems with the shutter staying open too long with the initial 4.4 release. For the most part they fixed those problems in 4.4.1, though at times I do find that for whatever reason, it has trouble focusing. The pictures it takes are good, but not great like the iPhone 5S. I find it is better in low light than the Z10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Speedygi likes this.
    12-21-13 10:03 AM
    The camera had some slow focus issues and problems with the shutter staying open too long with the initial 4.4 release. For the most part they fixed those problems in 4.4.1, though at times I do find that for whatever reason, it has trouble focusing. The pictures it takes are good, but not great like the iPhone 5S. I find it is better in low light than the Z10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think we can agree that Blackberry has never been known to have the best cameras. It's kind of a formality by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    12-21-13 10:05 AM
    Nexus..and rest ur brain of thinking about apps and stuff..

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 10:45 AM
    Get the nexus!!! Good for a student like you.

I buy Z10 ' cause of the love with BB & the Bold generation ...
    However poor batt life, lots of scam apps... are the issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 10:51 AM
    Ok so I just received my z10 yesterday so I'm just using my first impressions, but so far I'm loving it! I used it for a bit and switched over to the nexus 5 and these two are definitely different devices in so many aspects. Both seem zippy and fast. Of course we all know by now that android has a much bigger app selection, but there are workarounds for that by sideloading. The z10 just looks and feels like a much more premium device than the black and dull nexus. Ane even though the nexus is just a little bit bigger in terms of overall size, I feel that it's much harder to use because there's simply so much more space that your thumbs have to travel in order to type something and navigation in general on the 5 in screen. It was literally tiresome to type something on that 5 in screen, or maybe I just need to change the size of the keyboard...

Now I don't know the gender of the OP, but from a guy's point of view the z10 is much more pocket friendly in terms of slipping it in and out of your jeans pocket. The black back grippy material or the nexus tends to stick to fabric and make it annoying t� take it out of the pocket. It may not make a difference for girls who can just put the phone in their purse.

I'm still getting used to the z10 keyboard, but it's pretty fun to use and is a very different experience than the Android keyboard I have used for s� long.

Those are my first impressions for now, I'll try to post more later.

Posted via CB10
    To your points, this is how I found the Nexus 5 when compared to the Z10:

Both are zippy and fast. The Z10 feels a little more fluid due to the OS interface, the Nexus 5 a little faster due to raw horsepower.

In the appearances department, they're both black slabs with soft touch backs. I wouldn't call either of them premium (as far as materials), like you would something like an iPhone or HTC One. There is an understated, simple and functional elegance to both.

I actually find it easier to type two handed on the Nexus because of the additional size. It's a little harder one handed though, and having the flick up keyboard on the Z10 definitely helps with that. The N5 also requires a slight repositioning in hand when trying to reach the far upper corner when one handed, whereas I can just reach the far corner on the Z.

I've found the rubber dimpled back on the Z10 more prone to sticking to pockets than the smoother soft touch on the Nexus 5. Both tend to pick up dust in their various crevices (top and bottom of the glass on the Z10, around the camera ring on the N5).
    12-21-13 11:17 AM
    To your points, this is how I found the Nexus 5 when compared to the Z10:

Both are zippy and fast. The Z10 feels a little more fluid due to the OS interface, the Nexus 5 a little faster due to raw horsepower.

In the appearances department, they're both black slabs with soft touch backs. I wouldn't call either of them premium (as far as materials), like you would something like an iPhone or HTC One. There is an understated, simple and functional elegance to both.

I actually find it easier to type two handed on the Nexus because of the additional size. It's a little harder one handed though, and having the flick up keyboard on the Z10 definitely helps with that. The N5 also requires a slight repositioning in hand when trying to reach the far upper corner when one handed, whereas I can just reach the far corner on the Z.

I've found the rubber dimpled back on the Z10 more prone to sticking to pockets than the smoother soft touch on the Nexus 5. Both tend to pick up dust in their various crevices (top and bottom of the glass on the Z10, around the camera ring on the N5).
    One thing about you talking about poor Z10 battery life, don't you have a battery charging bundle with spare batteries ?

12-21-13 03:22 PM
    One thing about you talking about poor Z10 battery life, don't you have a battery charging bundle with spare batteries ?

No I don't, only because I usually have a charger handy either in my car, or at the office. I just plug in when I need to. I did the multiple battery thing before, but I found it a pain to always remember to have to recharge the one that's low.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Speedygi likes this.
    12-21-13 03:59 PM
    I came from a GNEX for two years. I've had my Z10 for about a month and recently bought a Nexus 5 for occasional use. I find that my Z10 is still my daily driver. It's much better at managing email/messaging and keeping it all organized. The phone call quality on the Z10 is so much better than the Nexus 5. BBM video is stellar. The size of the Z10 is better for one hand use on-the-move and it's keyboard blows Android out of the water!

I turn to my Nexus when I want to watch Netflix, need a quick Google Now reference, need voice control for Navigation, and use Google + or Vine (Z10 creates a mobile hotspot).

If I were to carry one phone knowing I'd be out and about for 12-18hrs, I'd bring my Z10. I also have the charging bundle which means that I can leave the house with 30% battery and not worry.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    12-21-13 04:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Battery life is debatable but I don't know where you got the "lots of scam apps" claim from.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:28 AM
    App lover? Go for nexus.

Work guy with potential? Go for z10.

Simple.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    I haven't have faced any scam apps yet. You should know which app to use and there are plenty help tips and app advice at crackberry.

Android has triple scam apps than bb10, well which platform doesn't have?

Even if there are some the bb10 os has its security which the app cannot breach while androids can be rooted and its components exploited.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:39 AM
    Battery life is debatable but I don't know where you got the "lots of scam apps" claim from.

Posted via CB10
    Official 10.2 added more battery hours for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:43 AM
    Buy the z10

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:41 PM
    Don't worry about BlackBerry future. I am also like you from india, bangalore. But after thinking which one to go Nexus 5 or BlackBerry Z10. I bought BBZ10 last week. Its amazing, no comparison with android. I have used previously LG optimus 2 x, dual core mobile also. Once u use BlackBerry Z10, u dont go back and think even in future. Even u can try ebay india for $300 if. U go for seller warranty products.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 09:03 PM
    Hello guys!

After much pondering (well not really, I just had to convince my head, the heart was set), I have decided to go for the Z10! And I've already placed the order and should get it in the next 2-3 days!

A BIG thank you to all of the people who took the time out and gave me their valuable opinions and advice!

I need to know how to go about setting up my new phone with the latest OS updates and accessories (I want to know about the new, bigger battery and the charging bundle) and for that, once my phone is here, I'll post here again!

Thank you so much once again CB! I can't wait for the delivery, too excited!
    Speedygi and jevinzac like this.
    12-23-13 07:34 PM
    got my z10 this december on ebay for $200 bucks mate and it was unlocked. cant you do that?
    12-23-13 08:57 PM
    nvm im too late. anyways go on amazon and get the charger bundle ah. or ebay works as well. idk how kind the shipping price might be. get a case perhaps? i have the "i-blason" case.. its fantastic looking
    12-23-13 08:58 PM
86 1234